Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 26-10-2017

I did not start in rc till I was 45, I'm 64 tomorrow, still crap but absolutely enjoy the thrill.
Old 27-10-2017

Default .

Never , you are only as old as you feel!
Old 27-10-2017

I race at rowley model car club and one of our members used to be the chairman of Dudley car club. Unsure of his age but he is in his 60’s I believe and some years ago he had a stroke. He still races and he uses a stick transmitter and because he only has the use of one hand he uses the same stick for steering as he does for acceleration and braking. This itself is very difficult and he does well considering. It would be easy for him to stop racing due to his age or disability but he still races because he enjoys it. The moral of the story is.....age is a number and if you enjoy racing then why should your age stop you. Enjoy life while you can.
Old 27-10-2017

What you really need is someone to race against.

I have enjoyed the last few years locked in a no-holds-barred struggle with my younger brother. It didn't matter how many were in the field just so long as I beat him!

I'm 67 and you lot don't know what old is! Nobody has mentioned arthritis yet! I think I will have to stop when the arthritis in my thumbs stops me putting the tyres on the rims! ;-)

So you are nowhere near old enough to give in yet. Just live for the day when you improve in each round of quallifying and manage not to strangle the nine year old who has T-boned you after you just lapped him in the F Final!

Perhaps the BRCA should stop pandering to the young and introduce V60 and V70 categories.

Last edited by Clive Loynes; 28-10-2017 at 12:25 PM.