Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 16-05-2007

Default novak brushless

Hi, Can anyone tell me how the Novak Super Sport 3005 speedo and brushless system compares to their GTX and Velociti system? What are the differences, which is the best buy etc?

Cheers
Old 16-05-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Hi,

I have just purchased a Novak Velociti 6.5 Brushless system after doing a lot of research into brushless systems and motors. Their seems to be two 'levels' of brushless kit from novak.

1) The SS (Super Sport) Systems that came out first were novaks first attempt at brushless and were really not meant for heavy competition use, but do provide virtually no maintenance or performance drop off. The 13.5 system is equivelent to approximately a 19turn or Stock. Their are faster motors available for them 10.5 and 8.5 which you maybe interested in for club level/weekly race meetings.

2) The Velociti Systems work from 7.5 to 4.5 (I think) and the R motors/systems come with the sintered rotors/magnets which improve cooling/braking/performance and longevity. If you are racing at regional or higher level then I would recommend one of these motors (the 7.5 or 6.5 just as a starting point) with the sintered rotor as well. I have bought a sintered rotor to go into my motor.

3) Make sure you use the fan supplied with the speedo as the cooler the better (so I have been told).

HTH
Mark
Old 16-05-2007

Thanks Mark, thats great.

Out of interest, when you were looking into the different systems how did the Mtroniks stuff measure up?

Cheers
Old 16-05-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Mark has covered it all really well.

The Mtroniks brushless stuff is poor in my opinion, NONE of the team drivers will even run it at the moment!
Old 16-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
Hi,

3) Make sure you use the fan supplied with the speedo as the cooler the better (so I have been told).
Yes... and no... deffo use a fan, myself I would recommend the first thing you do is replace the Novak fan with a 'Much More' one, the Novak one (I found) isn't very good, air flow is kinda weak from it. You’ll see/hear the difference and know what I mean if you replace it.
Old 16-05-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

I can't comment on the mtroniks stuff... I have never used mtroniks kit at all in my 14 years of racing. Other people have and not enjoyed it!! The other thing is my local supplier(s) do not stock it so...

Thanks
Mark
Old 16-05-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Bathy,

I think you're right, but the supplied one is both quiet and in most applications up to the job. In my 2wd, it has virtually no air flow supplied to it but the speedo never gets anything more than warm. In my 4wd I have to run a 25mm fan due to the restrictions of the current bodyshell. As a precaution I have 7.2v'd the fan and this also is more than up to cooling the speedo enough.

Dan