Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 18-05-2009

Default 2009 Regionals - Hinkley 2wd - May 24th

Your usual reminder to get your entries in.
You only have until Wednesday Lunchtime or be classed as a late entry, which means Heat 1 and no practice, plus an increase in Race Fees.

I will post the current entry list tonight. 60 received so far.
Old 19-05-2009

Hi guys,

The Hinckley Club is my local club and so I thought I'd put a post on here with some details about this Sundays Regional Event.

The club have very recently invested alot of money into the track which will make the weekends racing both challenging and exciting for all. Aswell as our usual obstacles, we have a new and improved table top, new ramps and a new 'unique' rumble strip that will put any driver to the test. These new obstacles are superb and have only just been made this week especially for the regional meeting - therefore they will be no club advantage as they will be new for us as it will be for you, and so a good race day is certain for all.

There will be food on offer, and we've all got our fingers crossed for good weather.

We are a very friendly and welcoming club, and the Hinckey Regional is set to be a great day for the 2009 calander... so get your entries in!!!

I should also point out that our usual race day is normally a Saturday, and this weekend will be no exception. Therefore you are more than welcome to join us for our club meeting on the Saturday to try and gain an advantage over the competition and set your cars to suit the grip levels that we have at Hinckley. We will be racing on a different section of grass on the Saturday than on the Regional meeting on the Sunday and so the regional race ground will be in prime condition. Also the track will be changed between the 2 days to avoid any of the local guys getting the upper hand by racing both days.

Look forward to seeing and racing against you all at the weekend.

Jon Seals
Old 19-05-2009

can you post the club's address??

www.wbmcc.com
Old 19-05-2009

John Cleveland College,
Butt Lane,
Hinckley,
LE10 1LE
Tel no 01455 632183

MAP :
Old 19-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have a couple of questions after reading Tom's mail shot and hope this is the best place to ask them.

1) Tom's mail states that car parking will be away from the track but doesn't state if the cars are visible from the track area or how far away they are. I'm sure I'm not alone in rarely taking all my kit out of the car (mainly due to space restrictions in whoever's tent I gate crash ) and also sometimes have to charge from my main car battery.

2) Car you please confrim the rostrum structure, height, safety rail position etc.
Might sound a little odd but as a person with clinical vertigo I'd hate to show up at a track, especially one that as far from me as you are, and not be able to race due to the rostrum. It wouldn't be the first time and there are still venues that I can not race at no matter how much I like the tracks for this reason.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19-05-2009

Think you may be safe with this rostrum check out the pictures and read the posts

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22810
Old 19-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to Chris Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post

Tom's mail states that car parking will be away from the track but doesn't state if the cars are visible from the track area or how far away they are. I'm sure I'm not alone in rarely taking all my kit out of the car (mainly due to space restrictions in whoever's tent I gate crash ) and also sometimes have to charge from my main car battery.
I too would like this to be confirmed if possible. I plan to work on my car inside my real car. If the real car is quite far away from the track, I'll have to re-consider things, and see if I can borrow a gazebo.

Cheers!
Old 19-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I have a couple of questions after reading Tom's mail shot and hope this is the best place to ask them.

1) Tom's mail states that car parking will be away from the track but doesn't state if the cars are visible from the track area or how far away they are. I'm sure I'm not alone in rarely taking all my kit out of the car (mainly due to space restrictions in whoever's tent I gate crash ) and also sometimes have to charge from my main car battery.

2) Car you please confrim the rostrum structure, height, safety rail position etc.
Might sound a little odd but as a person with clinical vertigo I'd hate to show up at a track, especially one that as far from me as you are, and not be able to race due to the rostrum. It wouldn't be the first time and there are still venues that I can not race at no matter how much I like the tracks for this reason.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rog,

Should be ok for height looking at this pic http://www.hinckleyrccc.co.uk/PHP-PH...nk3rdMeet9.jpg

The picture also shows (I would assume) where the cars are in relation to the track so doesn't look like too much of a distance!

NB: All of the above is on the assumption of the track being the same area of land as where that picture is!
Old 19-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Green View Post
I too would like this to be confirmed if possible. I plan to work on my car inside my real car. If the real car is quite far away from the track, I'll have to re-consider things, and see if I can borrow a gazebo.

Cheers!
Have you booked in? I cant see you on the list.
Old 19-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
Hi Stuart!

I am not booked in yet. However, I should be by tonight. I need to check that my generator works (!) and then I'll book in.

Thank you,

Chris.
Old 19-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Hi Rog,

Should be ok for height looking at this pic http://www.hinckleyrccc.co.uk/PHP-PH...nk3rdMeet9.jpg

The picture also shows (I would assume) where the cars are in relation to the track so doesn't look like too much of a distance!

NB: All of the above is on the assumption of the track being the same area of land as where that picture is!
The track will be in the same area as it is in the photos... however, we may be trying to move the track slightly further forward towards the rostrum to incorporate some of the natural banking of the field to add as an extra feature to the track.

Here is a more up to date picture of the track and our new rostrum.... we have majorly improved it from last years season. Please note that the boxes we were standing on were just a test for that weeks racing to see if they improved visibillity, but it was decided that this was not needed and so we do not use them. However, for the 'shorter' drivers amongst us they are available to use!

Thanks, and again look forward to seeing you all on Sunday,

Jon!
Old 19-05-2009
Mad Member

On a saftey note are there going to be any railings erected infront of the rotrum??

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 19-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
Where is the entry list, I can't seem to find it

Cheers

Old 19-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
On a saftey note are there going to be any railings erected infront of the rotrum??
No. When we were building the new rostrum we looked into the BRCA rostrum guidelines and it was confirmed that the height of our rostrum did not warrant a railing or barrier.

Jon
Old 19-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Where is the entry list, I can't seem to find it

Cheers
You will be able to access it from the Homepage once the Webmaster has done the business.
Old 19-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Green View Post

Cheers!
I popped over to the track the other weekend, and the carpark is only around 50-75 yards from the track.
Old 19-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I popped over to the track the other weekend, and the carpark is only around 50-75 yards from the track.
Great, Thanks Jonathan!
Old 20-05-2009

You have just under 90 mins to get your entries in for this weekend guys if you haven't already, had a few extras come in today and we're heading towards 70+... Another really healthy looking entry level for this one, thanks a lot!

Tom
Old 20-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok, cheers for the info guys.
Old 23-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hope the meeting goes well, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it .... it's a long way to walk

Looking forward to seeing the pics though, sounds like the club are making a really big effort to make this a sucess.