Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 10-06-2014
Mad Member

Default Schumacher mi5evo first look

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/06/sc...mpetition.html

Looks good, lots of revisions over the original
Old 10-06-2014

I have the v1 and the v2 looks good but they could do with improving the way the steering kingpins fit into the front hub carrier, as they seem to either tear out, rendering the upright useless, or the kingpin itself snaps at the slightest touch
Old 11-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex2Visuvesi View Post
I have the v1 and the v2 looks good but they could do with improving the way the steering kingpins fit into the front hub carrier, as they seem to either tear out, rendering the upright useless, or the kingpin itself snaps at the slightest touch

ummm they did they brought out the new hubs and longer and stronger kingpin screws ?
Old 11-06-2014

Are these the new parts?

U4270 - King Pin & Spacer V2 - Mi5 - pk2
U4256 - Front Hub Carriers V2 - Mi5 - 1pr

If so then they are the ones I'm referring to.
Old 11-06-2014

yes i am and i am a fast and hard driver and i have only ever snapped one king pin (old version) and thats when some one hit me (well t-boned) the side of my wheel using me as a brake the only other fault i had was i snapped the alloy screws in the front clipping a wall in the corner at fall chat (which they were meant to do ) and i replaced them with steel screws and never had one come throught the chassis yet and i still clip that corner from time to time

the new car addresses all the niggles i had with the car and i dint worry about them as the car just works (even with all the play ppl moan about) if it works it works plus the new changes i cant wait to try

mi5 best car i have ever had and i have had a few over the years and mi5 evo looks the nuts
Old 12-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcboy1983 View Post
yes i am and i am a fast and hard driver and i have only ever snapped one king pin (old version) and thats when some one hit me (well t-boned) the side of my wheel using me as a brake the only other fault i had was i snapped the alloy screws in the front clipping a wall in the corner at fall chat (which they were meant to do ) and i replaced them with steel screws and never had one come throught the chassis yet and i still clip that corner from time to time

the new car addresses all the niggles i had with the car and i dint worry about them as the car just works (even with all the play ppl moan about) if it works it works plus the new changes i cant wait to try

mi5 best car i have ever had and i have had a few over the years and mi5 evo looks the nuts
Strange.... Maybe I am doing something wrong then lol
Old 12-06-2014

I and a few of us mi5 drivers changed the king pin for a m4 bolt, no chance of braking though's bad boys.
Old 12-06-2014

mi5 best car i have ever had and i have had a few over the years and mi5 evo looks the nuts +1
Old 12-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big paul View Post
I and a few of us mi5 drivers changed the king pin for a m4 bolt, no chance of braking though's bad boys.
That was the mod before the new parts I know a few that done that and swear
by it maybe try that essex2visuvesi if your still going with the mi5 plus it it's might not be your fault as how I crash eg angles speed are prob different to urs might just be bad luck they r strong for my sort but not for urs plus if ir getting the mi5 evo if the still snap u can try this mod on that car think they are one of only a few bits that are the same
Old 12-06-2014

Thanks Ill give it a go.....
I will agree tho, other than that issue I cant fault the Mi5!
The only other issues have been stone damage to the rear belt and spur gear. But that happens with any belt drive.
I am looking at modding the broken ones by machining a threaded alloy insert for the kingpin to screw into.
Ill keep you posted on that one
Old 13-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex2Visuvesi View Post
Thanks Ill give it a go.....
I will agree tho, other than that issue I cant fault the Mi5!
The only other issues have been stone damage to the rear belt and spur gear. But that happens with any belt drive.
I am looking at modding the broken ones by machining a threaded alloy insert for the kingpin to screw into.
Ill keep you posted on that one
I have herd other's say the same. The advice is, to cut the piece of carbon with the circle in it, beneath the rear belt to let stones out .

Last edited by Big paul; 14-06-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: can not spell for toffee