Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 14-01-2010
trd179v trd179v is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 60
Default Collector Lazer Alert ! What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ema View Post
Nice Zx-r on ebay, if someone is still searching :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120507914901


Bye
Ema
Guys,
I just saw the ending price for the Kyosho Lazer ZX-R! Over $700 USDWhat do you guys think? Is this a scam,Was is a moron overpaying? Collector Mode activate!I dont think I can shell out over 7 Ben Franklins out. That seems rediculous!
Please let me know what you think.(Please follow lower link)
Regards


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited by trd179v; 14-01-2010 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Left out link for conversation
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 14-01-2010
adam lancia adam lancia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 83
Default

NIB kits have been going for high dollars the last couple of years, I wouldn't personally pay that much for a car unless I *REALLY* wanted to have it. That being said, I've already got a couple of Lazers and Optima Mids and it doesn't make a difference to me if they're NIB or used when they're sitting on the shelf. I run my cars when I can, that's the enjoyable part for me but other get their kicks from having a minty, untouched, never-ran car on the shelf. To each his own.
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 14-01-2010
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
NIB kits have been going for high dollars the last couple of years, I wouldn't personally pay that much for a car unless I *REALLY* wanted to have it. That being said, I've already got a couple of Lazers and Optima Mids and it doesn't make a difference to me if they're NIB or used when they're sitting on the shelf. I run my cars when I can, that's the enjoyable part for me but other get their kicks from having a minty, untouched, never-ran car on the shelf. To each his own.
I agree, me well i have one new unused shelfer and one i still run and as im no longer being told what events to race in i find it a lot more fun. Still have a laugh beating newer cars with my piece of racing history when i do my once a year event.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 14-01-2010
Ema Ema is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: (Bologna - Italy)
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd179v View Post
Guys,
I just saw the ending price for the Kyosho Lazer ZX-R! Over $700 USDWhat do you guys think? Is this a scam,Was is a moron overpaying? Collector Mode activate!I dont think I can shell out over 7 Ben Franklins out. That seems rediculous!
Please let me know what you think.(Please follow lower link)
Regards


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
As already said ... I spent a lot of money and a lot of time for my Zx-r restoration (some parts are really impossible to find) but that was a car that I really WANT to have and probably will sit on a shelf into my house forever (my wife probably will not agree at all but I'm trying to convince her ).

I also agree that the funny stuff is to race our buggy again and to try to beat modern cars .
So with the used (and optional) parts I will also build a racing Lazer !

Once that an item is considered a collectable one, it has no really a fixed value.
The value depends on how many people wants to have it and how items are available.
Now there are a lot of people that wants to own a Lazer again (because they own this buggy, or they get into the RC world with it, when they were a teenager).
Personally I want this car because I was not able to buy it when I was young (it was too expensive).

I will never pay 1 million dollar for an used Madonna's underpants, but probably there is out there someone that can do that.

P.S. A Durango DEX10 is not really cheaper, however there are a lot of peoples that bought this car and they are not collectors .....
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 14-01-2010
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,555
Default

AIP got any ???

moth you got pméd

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 16-01-2010
aip47-2008's Avatar
aip47-2008 aip47-2008 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spokane, WA. USA
Posts: 19
Default

Hello Henrik,
no questions my friend, just anxious anticipation!!

Aaron
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 17-01-2010
moth898's Avatar
moth898 moth898 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 588
Default

Does anybodt know where I can get a new la-35 gear cover?
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 17-01-2010
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,555
Default

Moth i have one but you just sold youre soul to me so what can you possibly give me....

Other wise i have sent 2 to kamtec so in an near future you can get them from there.

Aip my car is at the machanic so i cant get the tracking numbers right now shall look for it on monday when i recive my car.

And ofcourse i drive an SAAB.

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 17-01-2010
moth898's Avatar
moth898 moth898 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 588
Default

I did sell you my soul....so maybe you want my wife!!! No I can't do that, I love her to much... would you be interested in my parrot?

Is kamtec going to make them the original colour? Because bluegroove has them but only in clear.

Saab used to be my favorite brand in the late 80's when they had character, the 900 turbo was stunning, then ford bought them and the style that set them apart went out the window.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 17-01-2010
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,555
Default

I will think about the wife thing.

I dont know witch color that kamtec will have but the first one i sended them was smoked and the second was clear.

I have just one NIP left and that is the smoked ver.
early are smoked and later are clear

I have had the 900 turbo 16 actually if you look at the old 900 cc and an cockpit for the JA37 viggen they have an reasemblens.
I drove one on the autobahn in germany i was leaving Tcheckoslovakia heading for sweden it made 225 with 4 people in and packing then i knew thet i had to get one and i did get one.

mvh Isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #411  
Old 17-01-2010
moth898's Avatar
moth898 moth898 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 588
Default

They were always fast
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 17-01-2010
isobarik's Avatar
isobarik isobarik is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,555
Default

Welsh how did it go in the petit event ???

mvh isobarik
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 17-01-2010
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
Welsh how did it go in the petit event ???

mvh isobarik
Terrible!!! Practice i broke the front gearbox, did three laps. First race i did three laps and the two screws on the spur gear somehow managed to loosen off and stripped my spur gear. Second race the rear hub cracked on the ramp just before we pulled up to start. I did two laps until it broke off. Third race i drove safely and avoided crashing but held back a lot just to get a run. Then Dan Greenwood decided to try and set up my car. Got to say he did well as even though i couldnt push hard as id like (it was a bit high off the ground) and had mini pins on which i didnt feel were suited for my car) into the corners i did improve by two laps but two rounds wasnt enough to do much in qualiying. Still i did get put in a race with mr durango amd a few other nice blokes including Fabian who is a master at machining alloy chassis. Still i think im going to look at a few other set ups and need a spur gear to test my zx slipper system to stop it wheelting. We changed the rear end and made it worse so did terrible in the I final. Im a bit miffed as i can make a lot higher so need to rethink more on my setups.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 18-01-2010
trd179v trd179v is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 60
Default


Im very sorry to hear what happened. What kind of power setup do you have? What about Gear ratio? Im used to a 18Tooth Pinion and a 81Tooth Spur.The wheels... Are they stock 1.9" or the newer standard 2.2"?Did you have a practice run at all? What kind of cars were you racing against?
Did you have Ball diffs or the standard Gear diff in your ZX Version.
Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Terrible!!! Practice i broke the front gearbox, did three laps. First race i did three laps and the two screws on the spur gear somehow managed to loosen off and stripped my spur gear. Second race the rear hub cracked on the ramp just before we pulled up to start. I did two laps until it broke off. Third race i drove safely and avoided crashing but held back a lot just to get a run. Then Dan Greenwood decided to try and set up my car. Got to say he did well as even though i couldnt push hard as id like (it was a bit high off the ground) and had mini pins on which i didnt feel were suited for my car) into the corners i did improve by two laps but two rounds wasnt enough to do much in qualiying. Still i did get put in a race with mr durango amd a few other nice blokes including Fabian who is a master at machining alloy chassis. Still i think im going to look at a few other set ups and need a spur gear to test my zx slipper system to stop it wheelting. We changed the rear end and made it worse so did terrible in the I final. Im a bit miffed as i can make a lot higher so need to rethink more on my setups.
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 18-01-2010
Ema Ema is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: (Bologna - Italy)
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Terrible!!! ......
Im very sorry too to hear that.
Were you running your Zx-s prototype ?
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 18-01-2010
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,733
Default

Yes i used my zxs prototype.

I had a practice run, pity that i only did three laps in practice and the same laps in the first and second rounds which basically put an end to my day.

I used annsman madrat 2wd front wheels and zx5 fs rear wheels and were 2.2inch

i used an lrp sxx esc with a nosram x12 5.5 with an 87 spur and forgotten the pinion but possibly a 19. Ratio was 9.7 to 1.

I had standard zxr diffs as my ones have been sent off to be remolded as the proto ones are better. The cars were durango (gerd was in my heat race), ttech predator, tamiya trf 511, b44, lazer zx-5 (several types) and several one off cars as well.

I couldnt get the zx type slipper third diff gear so was unable to drive with any slipper clutch so did wheely under heavy power.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 18-01-2010
moth898's Avatar
moth898 moth898 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 588
Default

Sorry to hear of your troubles welshy, were you running your vintage lazer? Ema had mentioned he wanted to build a racer with his spare zx parts and that got me thinking, back in the early 90's motors could only produce so much power, these new brushless systems might be to powerful for those older gearing systems and cars. I've seen some tracks with virtical turns!!! The site sponsor shumacher, witch makes the beautiful Cat SX that I'm waiting to recieve, would be more of a contender.Thats not to say I've thought thae same way but I don't think it realistic to compete with the lazer, as good as I think it is. Maybe its time to create a vintage division.
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 19-01-2010
Ema Ema is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: (Bologna - Italy)
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles welshy, were you running your vintage lazer? Ema had mentioned he wanted to build a racer with his spare zx parts and that got me thinking, back in the early 90's motors could only produce so much power, these new brushless systems might be to powerful for those older gearing systems and cars. I've seen some tracks with virtical turns!!! The site sponsor shumacher, witch makes the beautiful Cat SX that I'm waiting to recieve, would be more of a contender.Thats not to say I've thought thae same way but I don't think it realistic to compete with the lazer, as good as I think it is. Maybe its time to create a vintage division.
Well, the Lazer is a really tough buggy, but there are a couples of weak point, if you can fix all of them why not compete ?

1 - The front gearbox LA32
The original front diff case were designed with a belt roller built in, but from the Zx-r version the roller is no more mounted. However unfortunately the LA32 were never redesigned and it is quite common to strip the front tower mount during heavy crash.
The problem can be partially solved using a carbon fiber tower and can be totally solved using the redesigned LA32 made without the roller mount (available from a Welshy friend)

2 - The arm mounts LA30
The plastic whisbone mount are weak, back in the days some company made some alluminium mount that fix the problem.

About the transmission you don't have to worry !
The Lazer differential are shared with a lot of other kyosho projects, for example you can find them in the Inferno TR15 (gear diff) nitro buggy or into the Pure Ten (ball diff) nitro sedan.
If you have troubles with LA11 drive shaft pulleys, you can also use the new parts (always from the Welshy friend) that are tested using a 5.5 brushless motor ( generally a 6.5 will be enough for everyone).

If you didn't like the original universal shaft you can also update them using the zx-5 CVDs.

I'm currently running also a 1995 Associated B2, with decent results.
Ok, I will not make the A final, but I can put a lot of B4 guys behind me and I really enjoy that .

Probably with the Lazer I will also not make the A final, but my target is only to put some newer car behind my Zx-r and have fun !!!
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 19-01-2010
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles welshy, were you running your vintage lazer? Ema had mentioned he wanted to build a racer with his spare zx parts and that got me thinking, back in the early 90's motors could only produce so much power, these new brushless systems might be to powerful for those older gearing systems and cars. I've seen some tracks with virtical turns!!! The site sponsor shumacher, witch makes the beautiful Cat SX that I'm waiting to recieve, would be more of a contender.Thats not to say I've thought thae same way but I don't think it realistic to compete with the lazer, as good as I think it is. Maybe its time to create a vintage division.
I agree, a vintage season would be perfect but the Lazer cars can handle the power, heck mine was one of the fastest in a straight line, just that it wouldnt go round the corners as fast. The ZXS is not an easy car to set up and I do not like high riding buggies so kindof annoyed Dan Greenwood when I couldnt drive it that well. Still he was correct but didnt know that its hard to set up especially to my style of driving. Not as easy to dial in like the B44 or Cat SX (Kevin Moores was stunning).

Im now on for getting a new car but need to sell my new unused prototype (im keeping my race buggy) but the going rate for this one is going to be high £800 to whoevers door for a signature as its one of the rarest out there. Comes of course with a new uncut shell and undertray (the original Kyosho ones).

Still I enjoyed myself a lot. 2wd was dialed by the final so was a bit late but boy did it shift in that final. Still thats going to be sold as well and looks great with my dragon shell on it.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 19-01-2010
Welshy40's Avatar
Welshy40 Welshy40 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 4,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ema View Post
Well, the Lazer is a really tough buggy, but there are a couples of weak point, if you can fix all of them why not compete ?

1 - The front gearbox LA32
The original front diff case were designed with a belt roller built in, but from the Zx-r version the roller is no more mounted. However unfortunately the LA32 were never redesigned and it is quite common to strip the front tower mount during heavy crash.
The problem can be partially solved using a carbon fiber tower and can be totally solved using the redesigned LA32 made without the roller mount (available from a Welshy friend)

Already designed and tested. Looks like the MMS gearbox but with a slight modification - no slot for the brass bushing. Strength has been put on the top as well with one big lip going all across so no weak points.

2 - The arm mounts LA30
The plastic whisbone mount are weak, back in the days some company made some alluminium mount that fix the problem.

Well I have design carbon fibre ones, so maybe you should take pics of the plastic ones or if anyone has the original pics of carbon fibre ones that I had made at fibre lyte then they are available as they should have this under my file. Plastic ones on the front were weak but the rear were ok.

About the transmission you don't have to worry !
The Lazer differential are shared with a lot of other kyosho projects, for example you can find them in the Inferno TR15 (gear diff) nitro buggy or into the Pure Ten (ball diff) nitro sedan.
If you have troubles with LA11 drive shaft pulleys, you can also use the new parts (always from the Welshy friend) that are tested using a 5.5 brushless motor ( generally a 6.5 will be enough for everyone).

LA11 has been tested and withstands my LRP SXX TC ESC with X12 5.5 geared on 9.7 to 1 and with the slipper clutch tightened up all the way so no slipping at all and it took the beating with no issues. Better than the original pulleys. My mate Matt (Dyno on oople) is a genius.

Diff gears I am awaiting another one soon and will test soon but can see it being better before I have evan put into my car.

If you didn't like the original universal shaft you can also update them using the zx-5 CVDs.

I'm currently running also a 1995 Associated B2, with decent results.
Ok, I will not make the A final, but I can put a lot of B4 guys behind me and I really enjoy that .

Probably with the Lazer I will also not make the A final, but my target is only to put some newer car behind my Zx-r and have fun !!!
OK - I have added to the above in bold. My plan was to beat them and didnt but mainly all this happened due to bad luck. Still cant grumble as I had a great time.
__________________
www.kamtec.co.uk
www.fibre-lyte.co.uk
answer-rc.com/uk/en/
Sworkz UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Team Fabiix Batteries (Yuasa), always in front when using sanyo scrcs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com