Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 19-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Yup, if I ever dont see a race, and don't want to know the result, I put a CD on, on the way home, and watch tv channels that don't have news, and don't go on internet until I've seen the race.

I won't even read any texts until after I've watched it, as I'm bound to get one saying 'what about button then?!'.
Hahaha that's EXACTLY what i do!!!!!!

There were 4 laps left and i thought about logging on to Oople but quickly halted as i knew i'd see the result lol

I personally just don't actually like Button, i think he's too cocky and arrogant - always blamed his cars / kit / team and never really come across as a team player in my eyes......

I heard an interview from when he was 15 saying "I put myself in the same category as Senna & Schumacher as i've won the same sort of Karting events as they had at my age" - To be that self-assured at 15 is pretty off putting to me lol.....

I just don't feel like he deserves it this year, i know people said the same about Lewis but at least he was there or thereabouts at every GP - If Brawn hadn't got the jump on everyone else Button would have litereally blown it this year by his performances in the last 12 races - He was great to start with but quickly seemed to drop completely off the pace and not have any "fight" in him....

It's a proper James Hunt type championship win for me - winning a title when everyone else lacked the equipment to challenge him....

Final thing i want to say is that i think Barrichello is a good driver but certainly not one of the "Elite", so to be pushed so hard by him shows to me that Button isn't actually in the same league as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Kimi...... he's obviously good but don't think he'll ever be "one of the greats" like Schumacher, Senna, Prost or such - whereas i think Lewis has the potential to join that sort of group.

Sorry to upset any Button fans but this is just my opinion after all
Old 19-10-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I agree, Button won, with all the factors going his way at the start of the season, but one thing you got to say, he ain't no media puppet, watching his dogged determination yesterday, was so good to see, made F1 exciting to watch.... I think the WC will end up in someone elses lap next year, but what a ride this year.

One thing about Schumacher, he never raced when there were a good few 'top' drivers, like now, I would rate Hamilton, Alonso, Raikonnen (when he can be bothered) as constant contenders.
Old 19-10-2009
Mad Member

Deserving team and deserving world champion. Brilliant season.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 19-10-2009
Super Moderator

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Kobayashi!

G
Old 19-10-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Considering all the numpties that have 'stood in' this year, Kobayashi put a lot of regulars to shame!!
Old 19-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post

G
That mans got to be given a drive
Old 19-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post

G
K-Kob (Krazy Kobayashi)
Old 19-10-2009

Kobayashi seems like a Hamilton with crazy Japanese twist added! Lethal! And that's what I like to see.

Probably all the Dogmilk he drinks.
Old 19-10-2009

You've got to love the British, criticise a man for not winning when he has a rubbish car and then when he has a good car under him and he wins the championship it apparently isn't deserved and it was only the car that won it for him . FFS everyone, can't we just be happy that he has won it?

He has scored more points this season than any other driver, he is the best out of them this year. It is simple. And he has done it with a race to spare - WELL DONE JENSON .

Nobody said Schumacher was rubbish when he won in a good car. Nobody said Senna was rubbish when he won in a good car (I admit he had an amazing talent to make an utter rubbish car look amazing) and nobody would dare have a go at Niki Lauda for 'just' winning the championship by 1/2 a point.....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a massive Jenson fan myself but I am so annoyed at the kind of attitude being shown towards him at the moment, you have to admire what Brawn GP and Jenson have managed to achieve this year. This should be when we as British people are happy that a British team and a British driver have won the Championships.

Rant over.
Old 19-10-2009

It's all about who has the most points... JB might have got his points early on, but what does that matter..? Well done to him..