Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 03-01-2015

Default TM2 V1 Rear Upper Susp. Mount Option Part?

Question about this alloy option part (TU0421) - where do the holes for the ballstuds sit in comparison to std. part? (Higher / lower?). Cheers.
Old 03-01-2015

The extra holes are lower, you'll need them lower if you're racing on slippy astro

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 03-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xis007 View Post
The extra holes are lower, you'll need them lower if you're racing on slippy astro
Cheers for that...was hoping they would be higher....
Old 03-01-2015

Higher? Are you trying to reduce roll? Try a 1mm roll bar or raising the front inner link

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 04-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xis007 View Post
Higher? Are you trying to reduce roll? Try a 1mm roll bar or raising the front inner link
Was trying to get more 'rotation' in the corners. I've never had quite enough steering with mine, tried lots of things. 1 to 1.4mm bar, TC hard springs on back etc. Rear end is always locked in. Tried softening front but this made it snatchy and unpleasant to drive. Might try drilling some lower holes for the studs in the rear hubs... Any other suggestions would be great?! TM2 v2 seems to offer much more steering from what I can see? Just down to wheelbase?
Old 04-01-2015
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntH View Post
Was trying to get more 'rotation' in the corners. I've never had quite enough steering with mine, tried lots of things. 1 to 1.4mm bar, TC hard springs on back etc. Rear end is always locked in. Tried softening front but this made it snatchy and unpleasant to drive. Might try drilling some lower holes for the studs in the rear hubs... Any other suggestions would be great?! TM2 v2 seems to offer much more steering from what I can see? Just down to wheelbase?
One of the main reasons for lack of steering i've seen has been a loose servo saver. Make sure this is full locked down if you want to get full steering. As long as you have a decent servo it will be fine.

Also, the Alloy servo saver helps (TU0218), not sure exactly why as i've never compared them that closely, but everyone who has gone from the plastic to alloy has noticed loads more steering.

I ran the V1 for some time and i never struggled with steering.

Hope this helps
Kev
Old 04-01-2015

As Kev said the ally steering upgrade give a lot more steering especially indoors, if you run the plastic one then run the link in the forward position for more Ackerman (more bite at low speeds). Then if you still have too much rear end you can try more anti squat, smaller hole pistons, more rear droop, less front droop or putting 1 deg hubs on, swapped left to right you'll have 2 deg toe 👍

http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside...rear-hub-tm2-p

Hht 👍

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 04-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideLineRacing View Post
One of the main reasons for lack of steering i've seen has been a loose servo saver. Make sure this is full locked down if you want to get full steering. As long as you have a decent servo it will be fine.

Also, the Alloy servo saver helps (TU0218), not sure exactly why as i've never compared them that closely, but everyone who has gone from the plastic to alloy has noticed loads more steering.

I ran the V1 for some time and i never struggled with steering.

Hope this helps
Kev
Cheers Kev, may give the alloy servo saver a go then....
Old 04-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntH View Post
My son runs a V1 and wanted more steering. We have just moved the motor mount 9mm rearwards and changed the driveshaft to the V2 version (9mm shorter then V1). We moved the battery rearwards also (we went 13mm). He now has loads of steering and says the car is awesome!

Last edited by welshmerlin; 05-01-2015 at 08:45 AM.