Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 11-08-2015

Cool Rounds

5 from 7 was the plan at ARC. Not was just dotting the I and crossing the T due to bad health of the organiser. 4 from 7 is a joke due to people planning travel and holidays to do a NATIONAL series. It's not club meet....and takes me to the fact that there needs to be consistent and tighter rule implimentation. It is a thankless task but NOT unachievable. 5 from 7. The END
Old 11-08-2015
oOple Advertiser

I personally dont get everyone's gripe over 4 or 5 rounds counting and throwing away just under half your scores since in every other class it is half plus 1 to count and all other classes apply this philosophy - 1/10th off road is 4 from 6, 1/8th Buggy/E-Buggy/Truggy are all 3 from 5, 1/10th On Road is also 3 from 5 all are half plus 1.

Every other national series is either 5 or 6 rounds only, we in SC get to enjoy 7 rounds, giving us more racing than any other class and still apply the half plus 1 rule giving 4 from 7 (since you cannot run half a round) maybe we need even more and have 8 rounds next year so we can count 5 and keep to the half plus 1???

Either way, for anyone who has completed 5 or more they will still finish the series if it is 4, but all the guys who can only do 4 (due to the late date addition), well them guys get to complete the series too, where and what is the issue in that? Please explain......... How many people does this effect in the series, how many will only do only 4 rounds but not the 5, it is their opinion that matters most I guess. I am doing 6 rounds myself, so it does not bother me either way 4 or 5, (despite rumours being spread to the contrary)

Everyone states that SC is one of the most "fun" classes, anyone new to this section would not think so reading all this whinging and moaning and most of it from people who have done enough rounds for 4 or 5 anyway.....

I will arrange the dummies for A1 next month, if you have a favourite colour let me know in advance ;-)
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 11-08-2015
oOple Advertiser

The other thing to be aware of guys and those who have raced for some time will know this, but all this talk about tightening up the rules and implementations etc, rules being adhered too etc, dont always think the grass is always greener, since I have raced at various other national events in both 1/8th and 1/10th over the past and the strictness and rules are MUCH tighter.

The poor driving standards we have seen from time to time this year, drivers being took out and left for dust, deliberate take outs, poor marshalling (even no marshalling by some), drivers leaving the rostrum during a race, the list goes on... in ALL other national classes this would not be tolerated and penalties would be applied and peoples times docked or taken away.

Dont get me wrong, I am no angel myself on the track, I can give back as bad as I get it, but I have been dealt worse than caused myself this year and NONE has been penalised (either way), BUT and it is a big BUT, the relaxed and laid back atmosphere at the SC nationals is what every single racer says is one of the main attractions of this class, so be VERY careful what you all wish for..... since you may not like what you get as a result.
Old 11-08-2015

Wow, all drivers please leave your competitive nature at the gate and have fun. This series has not been as fun as last year in my opinion. To the point where I'm not sure I'll bother doing the rest as I've done 5 now so "I've completed the series"

Good luck fellas I'm out.
Old 11-08-2015

For those who knew about this rule change decision, could you please let the rest of us know how and when you were informed of the change and by whom?
Old 12-08-2015

Default Rules

The main organiser is currently on holiday so nothing will be posted at this moment in time.

Regarding the idea of tightening up the rules I totally disagree in my opinion it's a fun friendly series for the masses.

Where else and and what other meeting could I take a 11 year old with no previous national experience and put her in the meeting.
The kids are the future of rc if you hadn't noticed were all getting a little long in the tooth and with not many youngsters coming through the range we need to help and guide not punish them..

At the end of the day people it's our hobby we don't need to win them all and be the best of the best.

Just go out and enjoy ourselves.....
Old 12-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy noke View Post

At the end of the day people it's our hobby we don't need to win them all and be the best of the best.

Just go out and enjoy ourselves.....
I think you may find not everyone shares that point of view, and will do whatever they can to increase their chances of winning.

While I agree with you, its also a competition and people will naturally want to win (toy cars or not), however when their chances are scuppered due to another driver being a bell end it invariably pisses people off more so when it gets completely ignored. Corner cutting to gain an advantage is also frowned upon. whether its billed as a "fun" series or not when grown ups behave like kids it will always end in tears.

All we ask for are transparent rules (not many are needed)and that they are enforced when required (which is not often)
Old 12-08-2015

Default Rules

4 from 7 it is and will stay........

DONE FINAL
Old 12-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider SCT View Post
For those who knew about this rule change decision, could you please let the rest of us know how and when you were informed of the change and by whom?

4 from 7 it is.................still waiting for someone to answer the above question though..............or is it only certain priveledged group who get to know about important rule changes?
Old 13-08-2015

Default Rule

Not at all slider we just assume probably to our downfall that the word will get around from now on all changes will be posted to the sc national Facebook page
Old 13-08-2015

Might have been an idea to post that 2 days ago and maybe this wouldn't have escalated.........or is that how long it's taken to come up with a 'sweep it under the rug' answer??

You can't deny 8 weeks prior to rd1 it was categorically stated on a the uksc Facebook page it was to be 5 from 7 to count if the 7th round went ahead, at that time the rules also stated 5 from 7!, the 7th round was confirmed prior to the season start...............5 from 7!!! . Protagonist's on both sides of THIS discussion were involved in that conversation and there was no uproar everyone seemed happy enough with the conclusion of that conversation

Personally I think this all looks very iffy!!
Old 13-08-2015

Smile

I cant believe how rattled some people are over this.

Just out of curiosity, to all those that are 'frustrated' about this...... What exactly are the problems or issues with having 4 out of 7 ??? Is it just that you will drop down the rankings as more people will score points to qualify ?? or am I missing something ??

Im nothing to do with the class, just an outsider looking in
Old 13-08-2015

Default Iffy

Nothing iffy at all slider this year has been a struggle to either get clubs to agree to hosting a meeting and then another struggle to get A them to confirm a date and B find a date that doesn't clash with anything else.
The organisers do this for the love of there hobby NOTHING ELSE. And with how people are going on moaning there gonna feel like it's not worth the hassle.
For those of you that thing you can do better try it see how you get on...
All the organising has been done by a bloke who runs his own business full time and I for one appreciate what he has done Short course is considered by most clubs as a shit class so just to get to race for me is enough.....

Think we should stop moaning and accept it coz no amount of moaning will change anything other than get the back up of the organisers..
Old 13-08-2015

Still the question of why it changed is unanswered? I appreciate chris a very busy man, and i really do appreciate all the work thats involved in making this series happen, hence why I have offered to assist on many occasions to lighten the load but nothing ever came of it.

The reason i am unhappy is that yes there's a possibility of dropping down the rankings when top drivers score well at the minimum number of rounds when others have supported the series and the clubs by attending them all. But it's the main fact that it changed when everyone has planned there year around the 5 of 7 to count.

Currently I'm 2nd in the series with 4 rds done but after the 5th round goes on it will all change. Working in full size motorsport where every point you earn counts it just seems a weird system. It's not brca so why must it follow the same precedent, make all the points count then if people want to win they need to properly participate in the whole series to make it happen, benefitting the series and the clubs who host the rounds?
Old 13-08-2015

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlowS View Post
I cant believe how rattled some people are over this.

Just out of curiosity, to all those that are 'frustrated' about this...... What exactly are the problems or issues with having 4 out of 7 ??? Is it just that you will drop down the rankings as more people will score points to qualify ?? or am I missing something ??

Im nothing to do with the class, just an outsider looking in

I have no issues with 4 from 7(as someone who can have up and down results it would actually work in my favour), I don't have a personal beef with any competitor,it doesn't bother me that a rule has been changed that had already in my opinion been clarified for this season or why that one rule in particular was altered (wether the rumour mill is right or wrong!)

As an average club racer, I regard the uksc nationals as my main race series over summer and so have planned my other activities around the dates and rules of the series, with 5 rds down I find out that one of the main rules which I thought I'd personally clarified has been altered pre season without an announcement to the competitors involved.

I've received an answer to my question,my opinion still stands.
I'm drawing a line under it now, end of!

Regards to the work the Uksc team do and Spendy imparticularly, I for one am very thankfull for your efforts to get us a national series going and I'll happily put myself forward to help you guys out for 2016
Old 13-08-2015
oOple Advertiser

What "top" drivers are being referred to here since every one I can see on the list has only missed one round and is on course to complete 6 from 7 let alone 5 from 7 in both classes.......

From what I recall at ARC for round 1 the 7th date was still to be confirmed. The series did start with only six dates on the calendar until it was added for NDOR shortly after..

As to all rounds counting, I think a reality check is needed on that one. This is a "weekend hobby" for 99.9% of us and not a full time occupation as it is for most in full size mototsport and to drop no rounds at all would be crazy. If you took F1 as an example, only the top 10 score any points at all. Just imagine for those who travelled to Mendip last weekend and the guy who came 11th got sod all for or any advantage then the guy who was 25 places behind in last..... there would be uproar........
Old 13-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
From what I recall at ARC for round 1 the 7th date was still to be confirmed. The series did start with only six dates on the calendar until it was added for NDOR shortly after..
I think you'll find that the seventh round had been confirmed and was included on the uksc website on 24th April, 3 weeks prior to the start of the season
Old 13-08-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider SCT View Post
I think you'll find that the seventh round had been confirmed and was included on the uksc website on 24th April, 3 weeks prior to the start of the season
I thought it was later than that, and that it was mentioned in drivers breifing at ARC as well as the "brewery race" in Coventry, looks like I was wrong in that case if it was'nt....
Old 13-08-2015

I wasn't suggesting only the top ten get points, that would be daft, when comparing to full size motorsport I'm not referring to F1 I'm referring to the circa 28000 Weekend warriors in the UK to whom racing is their hobby the same as us lot. We have over 150 club level racing championships in the UK. Some drop scores some don't, but the emphasis is always to make the points count to ensure sign ups subscribe to the whole series not just a few rounds.

I know my ideas are sometimes wide of the mark, and there are MANY more experienced racers here, but just sometimes fresh ideas can work
Old 13-08-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justingt5 View Post
I wasn't suggesting only the top ten get points, that would be daft, when comparing to full size motorsport I'm not referring to F1 I'm referring to the circa 28000 Weekend warriors in the UK to whom racing is their hobby the same as us lot. We have over 150 club level racing championships in the UK. Some drop scores some don't, but the emphasis is always to make the points count to ensure sign ups subscribe to the whole series not just a few rounds.

I know my ideas are sometimes wide of the mark, and there are MANY more experienced racers here, but just sometimes fresh ideas can work
A problem you get into with all rounds counting Justin, is if someone knows they can't do all of the rounds of a series, they don't bother with any of them & you lose people that way.

I couldn't get time off work this year to do enough of my regional series, so didn't bother with any of them.