Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Gaming Chat

Old 12-11-2009
Administrator

Default New Gaming Section

Hey guys - as some people might know in real life away from toy cars I'm a game developer and have been since 1994. So it's about time we had a gaming section in the oople forum I think.
I'm not a big gamer but I do play PC games (I'm not a Console guy - tho I only work on console games these days).
At the moment we're playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 demo at work - and will no doubt carry on when the full game is released next week. I also do a bit of racing on Live For Speed - I have other racing 'games' but they are all crap compared to LFS.

I'm a big fan of Starcraft - shame I only really discovered it 10 years after it was released. Has to be one of the best games ever made.

Anyway - feel free to post your 'gaming history' or what games you like - or even what your fave / current hardware is in here. And of course feel free to post gaming-related threads in this sub-forum!
Old 12-11-2009
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Been a 'gamer' pretty much all my life, started out with the mega drives, game boys, up to the playstation 1, then found pc gaming!

Half life 1 was the 'real' start of it all! playing co-op, TFC, counterstrike ( pre steam ) and day of defeat.
Still play the current versions of the above on the source engine when time allows.

Also have LFS with a Logitech driving force wheel

Past year xbox 360 has taken over abit, got alot of the current games at the mo, DJ hero, forza 3, batman arkham, guitar heros, CODMW1, soon to be 2 and will be going live soon!
Old 12-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

For me i've had all the playstations (and still do). Favourite games have always been mx or other bike racing games. So far on the ps3 it has to be dirt 2, just awesome. Splatterhouse and chuck rock on the megadrive were quite cool too. Gone are the days of the zx81 and comodoore 64 waiting to load only to find the games crashed
never been on or tried pc gaming

ooooh, outrun, i loved that too
Old 12-11-2009
Administrator

Good Skills paul! We'll have to have a race sometime. My favorite is the LX4 on a rallyX track! I love it - sadly no one seems to race the LX4's online, and certainly not on a rallyX track. Get practicing!

Team Fortress Classic! never played it myself but I worked for Valve freelance stylee on a level for TFC in about 1999 or 2000.

Get yourself that Left 4 Dead 2 demo downloaded paul - its ace. It makes you wish there were such things as Zombies in real life.
Old 12-11-2009
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I used to love lx4 on rx, same with the Rb4. Are there still 'stunt' servers? they used to be mad with all jumps and proper RX tracks designed!

Ive heard the new scirocco is on the horizon, been waiting a long time for updates tho! definatly let me know and i'll see if I can still keep it on track!

Will look for the LFD2, heard good things about the first one but as said the xbox took over abit recently, will get the demo installed over the weekend and give it a bash! TFC2 is good but a little it of a let down after the original TFC lasted so long standing solely on its gameplay.

Back in the day I used to be a hardcore CS gamer, used to play with a few of the best in the UK ( didnt know that at the time ) few years after loosing contact I heard they were in those elite competitions fighting it out for 20k+!!

Have been to jimmys HQ team 17 and seen some of the designers at it, and a real life lemming, some crazy stuff i'd love to of gotten in to!
Old 13-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Paul the scirocco is on the way. Along with another new car and rockingham race way.

I stumbled over LFS after i saw Chris Doughty mension it on his forum.

Built a new PC just to play LFS in higher quality love the game.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 13-11-2009

I see I'm not the only LFS fan out there I remember asking Ashley on LFS if he was that guy from the Oople forum a few years ago

Please don't laugh but my all time favourite is the UF1 (no kidding) although I have done quite a bit of cruising with the XRR.

I'm currently managing a small LFS team called WS (www.windstyle.eu)
It would be fun to organise an Oople race on LFS sometime
Old 12-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nice Paul - i was a hardcore CSS gamer with about 1800 hours on XFire

Moved on to Live For speed and then RFactor on the G25

Retired from gaming after i overcame the addiction

See My Feedback

Old 12-11-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

i play and race rfactor online once or twice a week,thats about it...rfactor is a fine game
Old 14-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Nice Paul - i was a hardcore CSS gamer with about 1800 hours on XFire

Moved on to Live For speed and then RFactor on the G25

Retired from gaming after i overcame the addiction
I had 180hours on tf2 in 2weeks, then my gaming laptop died and the hard drive is £60 ps3 tomorrow guys

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 05-05-2011

I play everquest 2 raid 6 nights a week in a euro guild well if Sony. Ever comes back up ..........zerekers ftw
Old 13-05-2011
Mad Member

Some serious old clasics mentioned on here that i had forgotten about used to love playing paperboy epic and adictive, Bomber man class game, have owned Commodore 64, mega drive, sega Saturn(best console ever!), PS1/2 &3, mostly play Black Ops online when the network gets back on line, group of about 10 of us when we get together we don't lose much we all had an all day and night session one weekend and ended up with a 32 game win streak, some good banter there!
Must admit prefer FSP Shooters too driving games on the PS3, as played some of the newer racing games and set up a lap plus lead but as you enter the last couple of laps the field have suddenly caught you up even though you haven't slowed down and are putting in consistent lap times!
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo