Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 10-12-2005

Default Tires

Ok guys being I live in the U.S. i have some tire questions. From looking at some of the pics from Tiverton and I noticed that the wheelers were running step pins or another large pin type tire. Is there a tire rule because from looking at the pics I would guess a holeshot type tire would be better. Just curious if I can ever put the money together I want to come over and play but who knows
travis
Old 10-12-2005
Administrator

Hi,
At tiverton nationals (where my photos are from) they always run a spec tyre, well, actually a choice of 2. Its usually ballistic mini pins and some type of american tyre, like proline step pins or losi studs (??). usually one type or the other works well, i think the ballistic pins work when its a blue groove scenario and the losi / prolines when its a bit looser.

are the holeshots the ones that come on the b4 kit ? i sure you can run whatever you want at most meetings, its just the nationals where we have spec tyres.
Old 10-12-2005

thanks fo rthe answer i was curious and yeah holeshots are the kit tire now if i can convince my wife that we need to come over so i can race :twisted:
Old 12-12-2005
Admin

If you ever make it over, forget the dirt tracks, you guys have those all the time over there. You need to have a go on our multisurface grass or astro tracks, the grip is a whole new ball game, driving and setup are miles away from that used on dirt.