Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 27-04-2009

hi guys, i have been reading this thread and its very interesting reading indeed, i just would like something made clear for me regarding the parts in the conversion vs the fs kit, im looking at buying an fs converted from an sp, are you guys saying that some of the parts differ between the conversion and the full fs kit, if so, that seems odd, and if its true, could someone take the time to list what i would need to make it a full fs, thanks in advance

Edit, just found rogers post #94 which has the very useful info that i need, thanks
Old 28-04-2009

maybe a silly question, is there any way the j-concepts wheels can be run on the kyosho?
Old 28-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Migs, there is a proline axle conversion for the rear (part number UMW502 I think but please check before ordering) which means AE/Proline/Losi wheels are a direct bolt on.

For the front you will have to change the hex. Some people say the Hotbodies hex for Losi wheels on the D4 is the one to go for but I made my own so can not comment on the D4 part 100%

My only question is why would you want to run those wheels? IMHO the worst looking wheels in 1/10th off-road history!!! Different strokes for different folks I guess
Old 28-04-2009

hhaha, thanks roger, i love the rulux wheels, its something ive always felt that has been lacking in 1/10 rims, all the 1/8 off roaders have heaps of cool styles of rim and we get dish rims, oh but we can choose yellow or white, lol, i was looking at the manual for the zx5, it did look like i can put a b44 hex on the front axle, and i'll fofllow up on this rear conversion, thanks very much for the help, oh and the other reason is i have loads of losi and j concepts rims and lots of tires glued up, so if i gi the kyosho route, i want to make it as painless as possible
Old 29-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Migs,

you can not use the B44 hex!!! Axle clearance diameter is wrong, back depth is wrong and bearing contact diameter is wrong! They simply would take so much effort you'd be better of making some from scratch as I did!!!

It's the HotBodies D4 hexs for use with Losi rims that some people have used, just wanted to be clear.
Old 01-05-2009

thanks roger, i'll get the D4 hexes