Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 14-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Stotfold? I thought you said you were going to TORCH on saturday?

Ah ha!!!??
I couldn't sleep on Saturday night with the thought of you beating me at the first regional in a few weeks (get booked in everyone) so I decided some time there was the right thing to do - LOL
Old 14-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by /tobys View Post
Keep the updates coming!

Would also be interested in knowing what effect the Big bores are having on your laptimes (i.e. are they making you lap faster, more consistently or both).
Are you running the Vega link and if so, which holes?
I ran mine yesterday (indoors) and thought the car was ace!
Hi yah Toby, did you get the weights?
Yes I was using the Vega steering on the forward hole.
If you are running the Ellis version I would add a 1mm washer as Ellis made his adjustable rather than Vega made it simpler to go back to standard. Both excellent so not sure which one you have.
The car is for sure faster over bumpy sections. Just easier to drive for me.
Old 14-03-2011

Good info. Just a quick question, as I don't know any of the UK tracks, is Stotfold smooth or bumpy?
Old 14-03-2011
Mad Member

Hey Tony - Weights arrived as promised Ta muchly!!

Didn't use them this weekend as the car was nice although expect to in the coming weeks as I run more outdoors...

Have you changed the amount of weight you use since going to the Big bores?
Old 14-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ran mine at Kidderminster yesterday and was very pleased with her, will post up a setup when I can get to a decent PC and have a spare few minutes.
Basically though;

front

longest link , no washers either end
shocks middle wishbone, inside on tower
Gold front springs / 35wt AE oil with stock 5x1.2 pistons (I was actually running 30wt oil and 5x1.1 pistons so the 35wt/1.2 is an approximation)
2 pip spacer between trans case and LAW31 / 10deg castor blocks
Steering mod (4mm forward and 7mm out from stock position)
shafts just under level (front of chassis 2mm lower than rear)
ONE-WAY DIFF

Front tower spaced up 1mm & front shocks 1mm longer than normal (now 20mm) as this improves the car when landing with lock on.

Rear

link 2nd from outer on ali 0deg hubs (out on original FS hubs) / 2mm spacer
link outer on bulkhead / 1mm spacer
shocks in on wishbone / mid on tower
white springs with 25wt AE oil with stock 5x1.2 pistons
long wheelbase
Antisquat = 1 pip under LAW36 / 2 pip under LAW37 = 0.75deg & hinge pin up by 0.5mm
LAW36 B in
LAW37 F out
FS2 arms and shafts
shafts level
1.0mm anti roll bar with balls right at end of bar
60g of weight in the spine, cells forward
5.5 motor geared 21/78 with 4600/35C cells

The car was excellent everywhere, not saying there wasn't room for improvement (I'd start by replacing my wheel nuts more often but that is another story )
I ran a 4th & 7th (with an error sadly) in round with the likes of Mossy and Niggs there so pleased with that. One of the guys who drove my car will have his new purchase built for next weekend so it must have impressed.

This will be where I start as a base on astro and grass. I have found in the past that you can swap between the one-way and the diff without any setup changes as the car is so neutral, use whichever you prefer.

I still don't see the big bores as a "MUST HAVE" so they shouldn't put off those who want a Lazer but can't afford / justify the cost of the big bores and springs but I DO think that they make the car a little easier to be consistent with.

Still the biggest improvement for me personally is refitting the one-way diff but that is most likely to do with my driving style and may not suit everybody (I really wish I could drive with permanent 4wd but I just can't).
Old 14-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post
Good info. Just a quick question, as I don't know any of the UK tracks, is Stotfold smooth or bumpy?
Stotfold is bumpy in places

Quote:
Originally Posted by /tobys View Post
Hey Tony - Weights arrived as promised Ta muchly!!
Didn't use them this weekend as the car was nice although expect to in the coming weeks as I run more outdoors...
Have you changed the amount of weight you use since going to the Big bores?
You dont really need weight indoors.....I tried to run the car without at the weekend. John Spencer told me to try with it as he runs weight and it was for sure better. Nothing to do with the big bores though
Old 14-03-2011
Mad Member

Have to say, Tony was pretty quick yesterday!!!

Glad the changes we made improved his laptimes, good to work with people like Tony..... And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks

He even listened to which lines to take!!!!
Tony, get booked for 4wd also this weekend so we can do a back to back test.....
Old 16-03-2011

Im with spenner, no big bores

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 18-04-2011

Default LOSI 22 BIG BORE SPRINGS

Hi Does anybody know if Losi 22 springs fit the kyosho big bores. I have also seen Yokomo big bores on some set ups where can i buy these.

Cheers in advance
Old 19-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The Losi springs do fit ... I am in the process of compliling a list of the TRUE spring rates of all the big bore springs available. Bare with me there are some major suprises (like the Losi spring rates being NOTHING like what they say on the packs and Kyosho / Xgear springs being quite different ranges to the old springs for the standard shocks).

One thing is for certain, all the lists out there on the net are full of large errors ... I'm comparing the springs on a £50k spring test unit so am 100% confident of my results.
Old 20-04-2011

Thanks Roger much appreciated
Old 20-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Should have also pointed out that the X gear springs are excellent in terms of spring to spring consistency too
Old 21-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I am in the process of compliling a list of the TRUE spring rates of all the big bore springs available.

Kudos coach

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 15-06-2011
Mad Member

OK guys it's been a few months and more than a few outings for the FS2 for most of us

Any updates to your setups, from both Std and Big Bore shock drivers?

Old 15-06-2011
Mad Member

Have a look on Petit RC..

Ive sent Arno another one..
Old 15-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've got to post mine up by have no way to do it on one of the snazzy PDF files that Nick uses ... only real PC is my work one these days.

I've probably run the FS2 4 times since your last post Toby and no matter what I do I always end up back at the same place now +/-1mm under the inner ball studs and in/out 1 hole on the shock towers.
That is what I was hoping for and where I have been on the other Kyosho cars.

The FS2 is a great car to drive, loving it.

I will post, if somebody wants to create a sheet from it and post it up again / send it to Petit I'd be greatful.
Old 15-06-2011
Mad Member

Yes, me too - really happy with mine.

Q'd 8th at out last 4wd regional (Mid East) which I was very pleased with as we do have some very quick drivers - and it could have been better too (got a 5th and 8th in rounds 3 and 2 respectively) with a bit more luck in the final round...

If I can ask a specific question to the Big Bore drivers; what springs are you running both Front and Rear?

Roger - I know you said you were comparing the Losi spring with Kyosho; have you made any more progress with this?

Nick - Just checked on PetitRC but it's not up there yet (will keep an eye out though)
Old 15-06-2011
Mad Member

I sent the sheet to Arnaud this morning... so hopefully up later on

Springs.. up front Yokomo Green.. rears either White or Gold.. where are you with yours? Sounds like your going well with it!

Roger.. send me info and and i'll put onto a sheet for you!

Old 16-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nick, I will send it through later mate to your normal e-mail ... thanks

Toby, I virtually always run Losi Green fronts and Losi Pink rears now. I started with Gold and white X-gear springs but felt the car was too soft .... moved the to Losi Orange and Yellows as they were near enough identical to the X-gear gold/white combination then worked my way up from there till I got the balance of intial, later corner and bump handling I was looking for.
If using the standard pistons I would recomend 35wt front and 22.5wt rear ... both Nick and I are experimenting with other pistons at the moment ... I think I can say that we both keep going back to the standard pistons on the front BUT are tending towards a larger hole in the rear (5x1.4 for Nick IIRC ... I'm currently trying 6x1.25 as that is the equivelent of the new piston from Kyosho. This is slightly less flow area than the 5x1.4s Nick is currently using and seems to be a reasonable compromise for me ATM).

I am hoping to get a range of pistons with 4 & 6 holes in as for a given flow area the number of holes affects the way it "packs" ... less holes will give a more reactive car, more will give a more forgiving car. I'm thinking 4 holes indoors, 6 holes at tracks like the surface of the moon (Hinkley for example) and 5 hole as the "general" everywhere compromise.

Again I will keep everybody up to date with my findings as and when I actually get them done.
Old 16-06-2011

Hello, is the List from the Sping Rates ready?? i am serching for the Losi Springs! ( BigBore)

Greets Kim