Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 11-06-2015

Default DEST210R slipper

if anyone knows about the team durango dest210r please let me know i need help with the slipper Clutch
Old 11-06-2015

Please elaborate?
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 11-06-2015

I've been having issues with the slipper clutch and gearbox on my car I've set everything correctly and it's still slipping and my car will hardly move I thought it was the pads I replace them and it was not I've had people look at it for me at hobby stores and I can't figure out what is wrong
Old 11-06-2015

For a guess and what I remember from mine it,ll be the spacer on the layshaft in the gear box that has worn a little. Check that out mate.
Old 11-06-2015

Shark, what issue did you have because it seems like everything is spinning except for pieces that the T Bones sit in
Old 11-06-2015

I even completely tightened down the screw that is in the middle of the ball diff just to see what would happen and I still had the same outcome
Old 11-06-2015

Default check your diff

check your dif if it a ball dif check that the circlip in the thrust bearing is seated properly
sounds like your diff is built wrong
Old 11-06-2015
Mad Member

Sorry to intrude but i had a very similar issue with the 210, turned out to be the bearing on the slipper shaft that went
Old 11-06-2015

Have you held the wheels and tried to make the spur gear slip by hand? it should be possible to find the fault on the bench rather than under power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
For a guess and what I remember from mine it,ll be the spacer on the layshaft in the gear box that has worn a little. Check that out mate.

+1, as shark said the layshaft spacer was prone to wear to the point where the slipper wouldn't adjust up enough, a hardened spacer is available, also thicker AE pads help, I've also run with a shim between the layshaft bearing and inner slipper plate but don't over do it you could end up pushing the outer plate off the end of the shaft if you do all of these things.
----AE B6.4----

Last edited by NeilRalph77; 11-06-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoreman View Post
check your dif if it a ball dif check that the circlip in the thrust bearing is seated properly
sounds like your diff is built wrong
Another valid point, if you've just built it did you check the orientation of the clip? there's a sharp side and a radius'd side the sharp side wants to face into the diff so it takes the pressure from tightening the bolt.
----AE B6.4----
Old 11-06-2015

I bought the car as a roller and put in a esc and motor but it was brushed and everything worked fine but I had recently upgraded to the Castle sidewinder 3 and lipo battery but it ran good twice then I started to have issues I thought it might be the ball diff but I replaced that and still same problem I also replaced the screw and spring in the ball diff still same problem I also replaced the slipper pads still same problem so at this point I will try anything because I just want to run my car and enjoy my new brushless setup so I came here to maybe find some experts on the problem at hand
Old 11-06-2015

I bought the car as a roller and put in a esc and motor but it was brushed and everything worked fine but I had recently upgraded to the Castle sidewinder 3 and lipo battery but it ran good twice then I started to have issues I thought it might be the ball diff but I replaced that and still same problem I also replaced the screw and spring in the ball diff still same problem I also replaced the slipper pads still same problem so at this point I will try anything because I just want to run my car and enjoy my new brushless setup so I came here to maybe find some experts on the problem at hand
Old 11-06-2015

Old 12-06-2015

If the slipper is still slipping when fully tightened, adding a shim to your layshaft. Also make sure that your bearings are good, as the others have said http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...perSpacerWear/

Team Durango Australia
www.team-durango.com

Proline Australia

A list of option parts and other information for Durango vehicles. www.durangofansite.com
Old 12-06-2015
Mad Member

Have you checked everything suggested on this thread yet?

And if you tightened the diff centre screw, you'll need quite a lot of a new diff. It's not designed to be screwed down all the way.

Have a look at the team Durango website, they have a series of build guides. Ball diff is one of them.
Old 12-06-2015

So I checked the ball diff and the gear on the layshaft that goes through has a ball bearing on the one side that is completely dead im ordering a new one and also replacing the layshaft spacer I also took a part the ball diff and rebuilt it and it is perfectly fine and working good now so hopefully this will fix my issue so I will post on here once I get everything together and let everyone know if I worked or not
Old 12-06-2015

Had a similar issue with my sons car. Take off the spur gear and check the hole in the centre. His had sheared of a tiny bit of plastic causing it to constantly slip. New spur gear and it was fine. Everything else seems to have been covered already
Old 12-06-2015

thank you I will try the stuff that I have coming in now and if that does not work I will order a spur gear
Old 12-06-2015

No need to order a new one if not needed. Just take it off and have a look.
Old 12-06-2015

You may also have a look at the V2 manual, on TD's website, i think, i can remember, they put an extra shim behind the inner slipper hub, other than on the V1, or RTR's!?

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/

Last edited by micholix; 13-06-2015 at 05:47 AM.