Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 20-12-2010
Administrator

Default Kinwald tests the Durango Short Course

Team Durango have some more news on the upcoming Short Course truck which is currently being tested by their team driver and former World Champion, Brian Kinwald over in the USA.

Team Durango:
For the last month, two-time World Champion Brian Kinwald, has been testing the Team Durango DESC410R. We asked Brian how he felt the testing had gone. He had this to say, “After driving a few different 4wd Short Course trucks I can honestly say that the Team Durango DESC410R feels like you’re cheating! When you’re out on the track it has more steering and superior suspension capabilities over any other truck by far!!!
I won’t name names, but many top drivers have seen it run and they all say the same thing, ”That’s not even fair”. I have only run it for a few weeks and already I’m in love …”
Thanks to Brian’s work, we are getting close to announcing the final launch date of this exciting new car. It’s great having a racer of Brian’s quality driving for us and we are confident that with his help, the DESC410R will be THE Short Course car to beat in 2011.
Old 20-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

With Brian K already driving the 4wd Durango and now "testing" the Short Course Truck, how long before we see him "testing" the 2wd Durango?
Old 20-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I'll do it if he's too busy haha

I can give the low down on what it goes round a frozen kiddy track no problem
Old 20-12-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to purplenut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
I'll do it if he's too busy haha

I can give the low down on what it goes round a frozen kiddy track no problem
Only if i can help to
Cougar works
Losi 8E Tuggy brushless
4 boys(will be expensive in rc world)
Old 20-12-2010
Mad Member

forgot haw small that dude was still looks 10years old too!lol
Old 20-12-2010
Mad Member

Apparently he's still X-factory signed ?? So 2wd testing we may not see.

Would be good to see him fully signed for Team Durango, They have all the cars!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 20-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
“After driving a few different 4wd Short Course trucks I can honestly say that the Team Durango DESC410R feels like you’re cheating!"
Oh purleeeasee...thats so corney I feel like vomiting.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 20-12-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

I've never had any interest in Short Course, they all seem a weird, I reckon this will up the whole game into a class to be taken seriously.

Where do I put my name down for one?
Old 20-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I can't decide if this car will make 4wd Short Course, or kill it.
The fact is it really is like cheating, given that the opposition are all nitro conversions (SCRT10/Hyper 10SC) or pure bashing cars (Slash 4x4) and this is the only serious racer.
But its also just an overgrown DEX410, so there is a danger that SC's become too much like buggys.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 20-12-2010
Banned

tbh after seeing SC racing I would rather stick with buggys
Old 20-12-2010
Mad Member

As much aas im sure this new truck will be the dogs.. i dont honestly see the point of 4WD Short Course??

I have a 2WD Ultima SC/R.. and to be honest its the best fun you can have.. other people who have driven it have said exactly the same... you always come of the rostrum with a big grin!!

4WD to me will kill the class for sure... it will take the fun out of racing them..
Old 20-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

But you have raced against Johnny's Hyper 10SC, which is 4wd and a total laugh too. So it is possible.
However the Hyper 10SC isn't a terribly serious racer, his is overpowered and wobbly, which is what makes it fun.
A serious racing chassis could well remove all that, making it smooth, balanced and boring.....

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 20-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
But you have raced against Johnny's Hyper 10SC, which is 4wd and a total laugh too. So it is possible.
However the Hyper 10SC isn't a terribly serious racer, his is overpowered and wobbly, which is what makes it fun.
A serious racing chassis could well remove all that, making it smooth, balanced and boring.....

A good point well made
Old 20-12-2010

Default Team Durango SC Truck

It reminds me of what Team Losi did with the XX4 lots of years ago and called it Soda Trucks, can anyone remember them???know they didnt take off here, but sort of did in the states???
Old 21-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
Quote:
“After driving a few different 4wd Short Course trucks I can honestly say that the Team Durango DESC410R feels like you’re cheating!"

Oh purleeeasee...thats so corney I feel like vomiting.
And it's not even original, I'm sure I read the bit about cheating on the XFactory advertising a couple of years back!
Old 21-12-2010
Gypsy Member

Default sc 4wd power pwer drift big air rubbin is racin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
It reminds me of what Team Losi did with the XX4 lots of years ago and called it Soda Trucks, can anyone remember them???know they didnt take off here, but sort of did in the states???
si had/has a soda truck he raced last year in with the sc trucks and electric 8ths at chadderton
and i will have you no the the hyper 10 sc is a very serious racer in my case it just doesnt have a serious driver ( 4 cell final any one ) but look on rc short course in the usa on dirt they seem unbeatable but over here on the more grippy surfaces we race at they need real work to set up
however at kieghthly on the grass track and big doubles it comes into its own and leaves the 2wds struggling for grip and traction and could out drift them on the corners
where as at chadderton the 2wds get round thr grippy indoor track tight and fast like a buggy but the 4wd gets to much grip on the rear and understeers ( i have some toe in mods to do yet)
but i think sc as class is fantastic either 2 or 4wd both have advantages wich makes for good and very enjoyable racing
this durango truck looks amazing and i bet it shifts . 550 can anyone
and will probly handle a lot better with its buggy characteristics and i would be lying if i said i didnt want one but i dont think they will just walk over any existing trucks -rubbin is racing apparently and thats where i might have a little advantage
no way is the durango gonna take the abuse my hyper has for the last 12 months its the hardest rc vehicle i ever owned and i got a vorza to but the trucks had some heavyer hits
also got a kyosho sc on the way to try 2wd
whatever you got in scs its always smiles and minimul breakages to

ps gutted i missed chadderton this sun day with my truck.
8 am sunday minus 8.5, and my van would not start .
going getting a vw caddy this week (a proper van) they do a 120 bhp 4motion model as well
Old 21-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
You talking about the Heavy Metal?

Old 21-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats just a buggy with a short course shell on. Its even got buggy wheels!

Mine had much wider wishbones, and in my case truck tyres - but its still buggy wheelbase, so it has 'interesting' handling. Never could source a proper shell for it.

Looked like this with a buggy shell.
Little Chris has my XX4 now, and all the bits.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 21-12-2010
Mad Member

What you guys must remember is that rc racing is huge in the states, i mean huge. Over here its a dieing sport, with many local clubs dissappearing every year, take the north east (i mean the proper north east) think theres 3 clubs, which get 4 people every time its on. Any company that makes more types of cars is going to sell more, escpecially in the states.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 21-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

After seeing Adams at the weekend at Ardent. I can vouch for the fact that it isn't a 'total' copy of the DEX410/R. The chassis and a lot of the internals and transmission parts are totally new and different from the buggy.

AND, until everyone ran addative, most of the trucks seemed very equal whether or not they were 2/4wd. Providing they were driven properly, then the 2wd's can hold their own for a while. And do remember that Short Course is a contact sport, so the 2wd's can always force the 4wd's off the track!!!

BUT, if (and its a big if) this class takes off over here, then there needs to be a class split. So there needs to be a 2wd and a 4wd class to avoid there being a big advantage. Thats how its all done in the real 1/1 scale world.

Personally I would love the class to take off. And with the amount of SC's that are being sold in the shops, then I can't see why it can't be a series on its own.
We had th option to run SC at the ME regionals this year but only a few turned up so they didn't run them.
But I think when its writen in the entry form "if there are enough SC's then we will run a heat for them" then I think a lot of people don't see it as serious and don't bother turning up with them.
BUT, if the entry forms were more assertive and actually had class rules and a fixed position in the meeting, then I think more would turn up with them.
Take it as a serious class and not just a 'fun class' along side the regionals 2wd and 4wd classes.

If all the regionals added it to their entry forms then I'm sure there would be enough to run them.
I know for sure that there are enough racers out there that do regionals who own SC's, so why not get them out of the house and race them?
I think they deserve a series, whether its with the 2wd's at regionals or if its their own series. The only problem with a seperate series is finding space in an already busy calendar.