Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 04-01-2018

Default Prototype Mardave Meteor

To go alongside my Mardave Meteor Evolution thread, here is what i believe to be the prototype Meteor press car. It has the same white plastic components instead of the typical black offerings, as well as the black Mardave shock absorbers as shown in the early magazine review articles and also on the Meteor box art shot. The rear wishbones as well as being white are also smooth, missing the production strengthening cross braces. The press car is also missing these production strengthening braces.

The other interesting thing is that the person i sourced it from told me it came to him directly from an ex-Mardave employee but would not go into any further details, so i am wondering how it originally made it out of the factory...?!

It is in pretty rough shape, but i intend to source a tidy swb original chassis for it and build it back up as it once was.

Here are some shots, with an early RRC article showing the same white components.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg white bits001.jpg (104.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg feb 87.jpg (162.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg white bits002.jpg (41.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg rears 87.jpg (150.4 KB, 55 views)
Yokomo Works '91, RC10 Graphite Custom, TOP Models Hybrid, 2 x 870c, CAT XL, AYK Pro Radiant x3, Pb Maxima, SG Coyote Custom, Marui Samurai, Hot Trick/Trinity Optima, 2 x Mardave Meteors, Prototype Meteor, original Sand Scorcher.

Last edited by dinglem; 15-01-2018 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-01-2018
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinglem View Post
To go alongside my Mardave Meteor Evolution thread, here is what i believe to be the prototype Meteor press car. It has the same white plastic components instead of the typical black offerings, as well as the black Mardave shock absorbers as shown in the early magazine review articles and also on the Meteor box art shot. The rear wishbones as well as being white are also smooth, missing the production strengthening cross braces. The press car is also missing these production strengthening braces.

The other interesting thing is that the person i sourced it from told me it came to him directly from an ex-Mardave employee but would not go into any further details, so i am wondering how it originally made it out of the factory...?!

It is in pretty rough shape, but i intend to source a tidy swb original chassis for it and build it back up as it once was.

Here are some shots, with an early RRC article showing the same white components.
Call them up and ask, its possible its not the press car but one of the few proto team cars as thats what a lot of manufacturers do. Nice find.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS