Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 06-06-2011
Mad Member

Default BRCA SE 2WD Regional Championship RD2 - SATURDAY 11 JUNE - FORCC 'New Track'

As the title says, Round 2 (of 4) of the 2011 SE 2WD Regional Off-road Championships. As per usual there will also be an Open class to cater for drivers from outside the SE Region and those wishing to run a 4WD around. There will also be provision for Round 2 of the 'unofficial' SE Regional separate SCT & Stadium Truck Championships for 2WD (ONLY!) electric trucks, more details here: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65214

To be held at Faversham Off Road Car Club's new track (check out: http://www.forcc.co.uk/) on SATURDAY 11 JUNE 2011.

Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early!

WOULD POLITELY REQUEST DETAILS FROM HOST CLUB PLEASE? ALL THE USUAL THINGS: ADDRESS INCLUDING POSTCODE, DIRECTIONS, LINKS TO RELATED SITES & ANY OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION, Thanks!

See you all there, don't forget FREE entry for ALL Juniors, U13's and U16's.

Oh and don't forget your 2011 BRCA Membership details please, there may be a check! Membership application forms will be available for non-members to join on the day!
Old 06-06-2011

Details regards FORCC's 2wd regional at new track on 11th June and 4wd on the 12th June

For those of you using sat-nav the postcode that you require is ME13 9LH, this will take you to Courtenay Road, Dunkirk. The entrance to the track is about 450 meters down Courtenay Road on your left and will be sign posted on the day, please look out for the FORCC sign as the entrance is further down this year just past the football pitch where the toilets are.

For those without sat-nav if your coming from Brenley roundabout, take the A2 Canterbury turning, then take the first junction off on your imediate left towards Boughton. Proceed to the end of this road then turn left into Boughton Street. Head right through the village and up Boughton Hill at the top of the hill you will enter the village of Dunkirk. Here you will take the first left into Courtenay Road, proceed down Courtenay road, track entrance will be signposted as written above.

If you are coming from the Dover/Canterbury direction just past the Gate Inn service station on the A2, take the slip road signposted Dunkirk/Boughton, you will go up over the bridge round the left hand bend where you will see Courtenay road on your right, proceed down here, further directions apply as above.

If all else fails look for a ruddy great pilon and you can't go wrong, or you can phone me on my mobile: 07791 334 705

Details regards the day's racing, all the usual applies for you seasoned racers no power, generators required, a gazebo or tent may be a good idea regard sun or rain. On the day we will be running personal transponders aswell as hand out.

There will be food and drink for sale on the day, this will comprise of hot and cold drinks, burgers, hotdogs, bacon rolls and delicious homemade cakes, made by the ladies of the village on both days raising funds for the local nursery school, plus this year they will be taking orders during saturday afternoon for anybody that would like a fish and chip super that evening after racing has finished, plus you spoilt lot they will be there very early on the sunday morning to serve a english breakfast for those that would like one. Therefore please bring a few extra pennies with you on the day as they work very hard for us and there prices are bloody cheap compared to most.

As this is a weekend meeting we have sort permission for you to camp overnight at the track at a very reasonable price of SOD ALL, there are a few rules we must stick to on the saturday night but i will run through them on saturdays driving briefing.

Kind Regards FORCC
Old 07-06-2011

I'm looking forward to camping it up all weekend

Sounds like it's going to be a hoot.
Who else is planning to camp it up then
Old 07-06-2011

team williams will be
Is The BOL**OCKs F3 Driver
Cougar Sv2 Cat SX3 Owner
Winner of the 4wd G final F345
BQ of round 2 2wd Oswestry National
Old 07-06-2011

Good to hear you guys are camping, the crew clan will be there all weekend.
really looking forward to it!
Old 11-06-2011

1 down, 1 to go. See you tomorrow...

Old 12-06-2011

Great weekend guys!! Really enjoyed it. Weather made it interesting. Thanks alot to the favasham crew. Well done
Old 12-06-2011

Not long been home.
Just wanted to say a huge Thank You to the FORCC crew for putting on a superb weekend's racing.

The tracks were excellent and the organization top notch. I'm not sure I've ever raced anywhere before where the local villagers come out to the track and take orders for fish and chip suppers and then deliver them to you.

To Alan, John, Dave, Ollie, Jodie and all the Faversham club - thank you SOOO MUCH for a terrific weekend.
Well done to Niggs and Poults for their results in 2WD + 4WD respectively. Great result also today to young Ashton putting it in the A - well done fella.

And a special thanks for race control (John Peters?) who kept us on schedule and allowed us to get away before the worst of the weather descended late this afternoon.

Cheers Guys + Gals.
Old 12-06-2011
Banned

agree with what andy said

trekkker
Old 12-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

+1 for Andy's comments.

and the burgers were AWESOME!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 13-06-2011
Mad Member

Yes a huge thanks to my fellow FORCC chaps for such a superb weekends racing in spite of what the heavens threw at us - judging by how it deteriorated late Sunday we were very lucky.

Nice to read such positive comments. A little thank you goes a long way when such hard work and effort was put in by those running the show to make it enjoyable for all.
Old 13-06-2011

Yes thank you for the kind comments, I think myself it was a great weekend, and all that attended had a great time.

I must say a big personal thanks to all my FORCC crew that made this weekend happen, I know who you are.

As Andy said there can't be many places where you get fish and chips delivered to your tent on the saturday evening, by the great band of ladies from the village, plus the food they put on for the other two days was fantastic, and so very well priced.

Over the two days, I think there was some great racing, and well done to race control, for pushing through the racing, so everybody got four qualifiers and three finals on both days, that's what you call value for money.

From a personal point of view, I think a weekend of racing is a great idea for the drivers, but I have a feeling, myself included, that the people that are at the heart of the meeting itself found it quite a strain on the second day, mainly due to being so very full on, which led to us being tired. I understand national run over weekends, and other big meetings, but I think they have many more people on hand to help run such events. This isn't a moan it's a fact that in future if we are to hold another two day event we must have more people on hand to help out, otherwise I just cannot see it happening.

Kind Regrads,
Alan
Old 14-06-2011
Mad Member

Unfortunately I'm a bit restricted on the weekends I have the girls - perhaps next time I can turn it into a weekend camping trip for us all and be there from the Friday onward.....time to look for a cheap Winnebago
Old 14-06-2011

Alan raises a very good point about the stress and strain of the weekender meetings on the race organisers.
It's certainly something that I, as a driver, had taken for granted until this weekend (sorry) but seeing first hand just how much effort the FORCC guys all put in and how tired they looked, I have to concede that this is something that shouldn't be underestimated in the future.
There were many very tired and shattered looking faces on Sunday afternoon and as much as I loved the social side of the weekend as an entire event, we racers shouldn't forget that the club and organising officials are doing this for fun themselves and many are also trying to either race or look after cars for others as well as run the meeting.
If the weekend concept is a step too far then I apologise for I was one who was massively in favour of such an idea - and I'll accept that maybe next time, 2 single meetings would be better all round.

(But the fish and chips were ace )
Old 14-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy View Post

Over the two days, I think there was some great racing, and well done to race control, for pushing through the racing, so everybody got four qualifiers and three finals on both days, that's what you call value for money.
this was a real plus for me. Not only was there 3 finals for everyone, but it was all wrapped up just after 4pm. In the modern days of 2.4gz, brushless and lipo it does seem silly to have such long gaps between rounds and before finals? Some rounds where we only get 1 or 2 leg finals in the lower order can finish near 6pm.

as for the weekend idea - i love the weekend events, having attended the regional finals several times and the atmosphere is great. However for regular regionals I can't really justify the full weekend away from the family (until my son gets into racing over the next year or two and comes with me). I know the calendar was set so that 3 rounds of each class are Sunday events, but it doesn't leave a lot of room to manoeuvre if you have a bad round (yes, i did have a poor day on Sunday!! )

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback