Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Default BRCA SE 2WD Regional Championship RD2 - Sunday 05 July - WKRCC

As the title says, Round 2 (of 4) of the 2009 SE 2WD Regional Off-road Championships. As per usual there will also be an Open class to cater for drivers from outside the SE Region and those wishing to run a 4WD around.

To be held at West Kent Radio Car Club off-road facility(check out: http://www.wkrcc.co.uk/) on Sunday 05 July 2009.

Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early! The track is on private land at the rear of The Plough Inn, Leigh who we do not want upset by excessive early noise, thank you!

See you all there, don't forget FREE entry for ALL Juniors, U13's and U16's, trophies for at least the top three in both Junior age groups.

Oh and don't forget your BRCA Membership details please, Membership application forms will be available for non-members to join on the day!
Old 29-06-2009

Looking forward to it already

Any danger of a postcode please? Or even better, an old fashioned map? The clube website gives directions to the Hayesbrook school.

I know I should remember from last year but it seems that I'm losing my memory in my old age ;-)
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Yes you should remember from last year! Maybe you were put off by all the stuff you don't get at home, you know, trees, grass, hedges, fresh air, that sort of thing

Anyway, maybe this'll refresh your addled brain:
The Plough is a delightful, 16th-century country pub, which enjoys a quiet location set back from the main road, yet within easy reach of the main transport links. The quaint building is of a traditional, local style with very ornate, original window-panes. There is a well-maintained, private garden outside which is great for al fresco drinking and eating in the summer!!

Address: Leigh Road, Hildenborough, Nr. Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9AJ

Located directly on the B245, just a couple of miles northwest of the centre of Tonbridge

How to find the Plough pub: - If you are coming from Tonbridge, head for Hildenborough (B245). You will see Leigh & Penshurst signposted on the left hand side opposite the Flying Dutchman pub. Take this left turn (once on this road DO NOT take the first right signpost for Leigh), keep going straight ahead. Under railway bridge the road will narrow but keep going. The road can be a bit narrow and windy. There is a sharp bend to the right with another lane going straight signposted for the Powder Mills - follow the road to the right and shortly after this the Plough. The car park entrance is just before the pub.
If you're coming from north of Sevenoaks along A21, take exit off A21 for Sevenoaks and Hildenborough and head for Hildenborough (B245). You will eventually (about 2 or 3 miles down that road) see the Flying Dutchman on the left with a road off to the right signposted Leigh/Penshurst. NOTE: There is a road to the right before this one which is signposted for Leigh and Penshurst but please make sure you keep going until you see the Flying Dutchman
Old 29-06-2009

Default Post code for Sunday 5th July

Hi All,

For those who need it, the location is:-
behind the Plough Inn , Leigh Road nr Tonbridge, Kent. TN11 9AJ

For those coming from the north (down the A21) leave at the Hildenborough/Weald turn off and follow the B245 towards Hildenborough and Tonbridge. Go past the Volvo dealer in the village, on your left, and down a slight hill. Further down on the left is a pub called the flying Dutchman - turn right opposite this pub and then just keep going. You'll go under a railway bridge and after a while the road bends sharply and narrows down. Take care as this is a bus route! The Plough is on your right hand side. Go right to the end of the car park to find the entrance to Steve's track. The club has a mobile phone which will be on all day. The number is 07790 625278.
Hope this helps,
Brian
Secretary WKRCC

Ah - looks like Brookie beat me to it.............
Old 30-06-2009

Cheers boyz,
Looks like I don't have any excuse now for when I get lost on sunday

Trouble is, going sarf of the river scares us Essex Mafia and HCOV (Home Counties on Vacation) drivers - I still can't believe you demand a toll from us to leave - I can understand why you do it on the way in (to reduce riff raff etc) but on the way out as well - blimey you never know, some of us might never leave
Old 30-06-2009

I think you will find that there will be a fare few of the Faversham boys and girls there on sunday.
We have pushed the regianals big time this year so all my lot know when and where they have to be.
Lets hope the weather is as good on sunday as it as been all week so far.
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

Hello Steve, is it 12volt only or can we get power there?
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

Suggest everybody thinks along the lines of (old school) 12 volts or generators. As per previous posts, please do not start those generators too early, we don't want to shatter the piece and quiet of the Kent countryside

The only mains supply, from the pub, will be fully utilised by the WKRCC Race Direction team and their own club members.
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

oh and if you bring a generator bring a long extension lead so we all dont have to listen to the damn thing all day.
Old 03-07-2009

Looks like my brother, myself and a couple of others might be coming down by public transport.

Can anyone recommend a cab company to get from Hildenborough station to the venue? Looks like a pretty small station to just hail a cab from at 0900 on a Sunday morning...

Cheers,
Ty
Old 03-07-2009
Mad Member

Spoke to Steve Andrews this AM.

Steve and his team have been working on the track, there have been some changes to the layout, the man-made features and the surface!
Looks like we'll also be going round in the opposite direction to what we normally do!

Steve has asked that we all park sensibly!
Leaving good access at the entrance/exit of the racing field and attempting to leave a thorougfare through the site for access by racers/organisers and WKRCC club members that may be helping on the day but not racing.

Hope to see you all there
Don't forget ALL Juniors, both U13's and U16's race for free and there's definitely trophies to be had for the top three in each Junior class!
Old 03-07-2009

Hildenborough IS a small station only manned part time. There used to be a taxi office at the station but I'm not sure if it is still there. There are a few local taxi companies (none of which I endorse or represent!!).

Hilden Cars - 01732 404404
R and L Cars - 01732 770808
Castle Cars - 01732 363638

Hope that helps.

Brian
WKRCC
Old 03-07-2009

Should be a good turnout on Sunday. See you all there!
Old 03-07-2009

If anyone needs a lift from London i'll be driving so if you can get to Tower Hill, Aldgate, Bank or Liverpool Street station i can give you a lift.
Old 03-07-2009
Mad Member

Guys & Gals,

Desperate plea from our WKRCC host, Steve Andrews.

Has anybody please got a spare standard X-6 battery strap that they could lend or sell Steve?
Steve has modified his to accept a LiPo pack but wants a standard one so he can run Sub-C cells again.
He's getting too old for the power that the LiPo offers
Just like me before anybody says anything
Old 03-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have one he can borrow, it's in my box so I will have it with me!!!
Old 03-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

oh and Nimhs???? What a wimp....hahahaha
Old 04-07-2009

i need a lift to this meeting desperately. can anyone going past or in the croydon area who going to this meeting and is willing to help please. i can put some money to fuel costs if nesscery. please help a racer in distress. HELP!!!!!!!!
(> <)
This is harold. Help Harold spread happyness by posting him to your sig.
Old 04-07-2009
Banned

hi charles,
sorry i cant give you a lift this weekend,

trekkker
Old 04-07-2009
Mad Member

Dont forget your sunblock! , it will be needed if tomorrow is as warm as today
THERMAL CENTRAL!!!!!!!!