Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-06-2011

Default Tamiya TRF 511 with spec-r diffs.

Hello

Here is small review about how I fitted gear diffs to my 511. I used TRF 416 diffs, but now there is also available Ta-05 diffs and they popably fit better for the 511.

First problem was the bearings. They weren't close enough each other. I used a drilling machine and a file like a lathe to get bearings closer to each other.

Front diff:

Second problem were the outdrives. On the front I used modded Kyosho lazer zx-5e wheel axle.

Front diff outdrive:

On the rear I couldn't use lazer's wheel axle becose rear driveshaft travel is longer. I used Spec-r outdrive what wasn't so good becose without blades Driveshaft pin has to be 3mm and outdrive material is not so durable without blades.

Rear diff:

Fitted:

I ran one race with gear diffs on indoor track. With gear diffs it made car different to drive, but my opinion it wasn't any better. One problem what I found were that belts were not on straight line. When I didn't see why to use "DIY" diffs I got back to ball diffs.

Maybe Ta-05 diffs fit better but also they need new outdives. If you have a lathe you probaply can make new outdrives from Trf 511 one-way joints.

Sorry my bad english.