Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-09-2017

Default Returning to racing

Hey guys,

First post although I have had a lot of help via private messages (thanks!)

I've managed to get some kit together second hand and after a month of rebuilding, cleaning and finding the right tools I finally had it working today and it was great fun to be driving again!

Basically I used to race regionally (north east) when I was a teenager but that was 20 years ago now. I'm going to come and embarrass myself at MB Models racetrack sometime, see if I can still get around a track, and wanted to ask some questions if anyone would be kind enough to help and give advice:

Are there chairs tables and power available in the pits or would I need to bring those and a car battery along with me (like I used to) to charge my kit?

Is it any issue to turn up late if I can make wednesdays? I may not be able to get there till around 6:30 so may miss track build, practice, booking in?

How much practice, qualification etc is there at a club meeting, I only have two lipos, if that fine to get through a meeting now? (We used to have a pack for each round when I was a kid, I'm still a bit unconvinced by this lipo/brushless witchcraft)

Thanks in advance!
Kev