Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Telford Hot Trax

Old 10-04-2011

Default Carpet @ Hot trax

Visited Hot trax last wednesday night to find the club now lays carpet down, this was awesome. I was able to run my cougar - what a great night.

Cheers

Stuart.
Old 11-04-2011

Default New CARPET track in TELFORD

Yep, the polished wood has gone and we're using the carpet loaned from "Telford R/C model car club" and you forgot to mention the jumps!

I'd say that it's made the racing much closer than previous and a good first night with the club using carpet - as it probably came by suprise to a few people we still had a some running full spikes whereas yellow mini pins are definitley the best bet, we also need to ensure we run shock protectors to stop us damaging the carpet off the jumps - otherwise a cracking night racing - the cheap beer in bar certainly helps!

It was also mentioned about starting to run a league - this should help keep people turning up and keep the racing competitive.

Hope to see you back down on wednesday and maybe we'll get enough micro's for a heat (sleigh and bish take note!)
Old 21-04-2011

Another great night at madeley on carpet last night, table top as awesome and the cougar was spot on.

Game on
Old 21-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

still in the same hall?

is there any sign of AMB being used?
Old 21-04-2011

Yes it's still at the same place Gareth, it starts at 8pm now though instead of 7pm. I had a good time there two weeks ago.

They do have a timing loop there, but didn't use it when I went as it was the first week with both the carpet and timing so they didn't have time to set it all up. Hopefully they're using it now?

Daz, Andy, Stu.......?

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 23-04-2011

We haven't tried to run it yet unfortunately.

We are really pushed for time now, due to previously diminished numbers which left us no option other than to reduce the time we have the hall for.

There is a fitness class which took the time we gave up, so for now, we can't extend our club night.

Running timing gear would mean that those who have pt's would have laps counted, and those who don't not. As a club, we just can't afford the time for it to take any longer booking people in.. PT details, changes etc.. It sounds petty, but we truly are rushed off our feet from the time we start to the time we finish - and we will end up with nowhere to race if we run over regularly. So for now it's probably going to remain as is.

We are however looking at finding an alternative venue in the local vicinity, where time can be increased.

When we do plan to have a go running the timing gear - I'll post on our club forum, and then if those who know or think they are coming, confirm there PT numbers, I could get the database updated on our PC.

Maybe we'll try running the timing gear soon and see how it goes...

Andy may have something to add to this, it's a collection of facts and my opinions / thoughts.

Running the AMB system weekly, with more time in-between races etc. with the carpet and jumps is where we aspire to get to though.