Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > Bash Events / Meetups

Old 02-07-2014

Default RC festival of speed/bash fest 2014,think your cars quick?put it up agasintthe best.

WHEN? 16th and 17th of August 2014
WHERE? Shakespeare Raceway, Wiltshire CV37 8LL

As some of you know I'm a active member of ROSSA (Radio Operated Scale Speed Association) and we have decided to join forces with ROSSA to host 2014s MSUK Jam.

The ROSSA site is huge and offers a wide variety of surfaces from a bit of dirt to grass, areas that would be fun for crawlers and even TARMAC (for you drifter and on road fans) Its an ideal location for flyers too

Where is this site I hear you ask ............ its about a 15 minute drive from Stratford upon Avon (google map linky)

Just to give you an idea of the layout for the event:What is going to be happening at the event? -Confirmed-

ROSSA 2014 Speed UK Championship
This is the annual ROSSA Championship where people compete to be the fastest as well as try there best to make new records in each of the classes avaliable. There are a selection of classes that range from off the shelf RC chassis and hophups to full mod custom creations.
Note: Currently there is no record set for electric Large scale class.

The fastest car of the championship receives the honor of the ROSSA shield and the bragging rights that come along with it. The sheild is held untill the next championship. Vehicles entered into the championship must strictly follow one of the classes listed here. Please also take note of the rules and regulations listed at the bottom of the page linked if you are taking part in the ROSSA UK championship.

The Budget Speed Challenge

In the spirit for RC speedsters we have come up with an awesome mini competition that will be running alongside the ROSSA speed runs at the event. This is to encourage a bit of friendly competition and something for those who like to have an excuse to build a new project.
The Competition: Build the fastest RC ground based vehicle for as little as possible the core parts of the build must come to £100 or less - see list below for details. Items can be bought from hobby shops (online or retail), ebay and forums and proof of purchase must be supplied (either as a invoice or a print screen of what what purchased, If bought online pictures must be supplied) failure to provide proof of money spent will result in the car being disqualified.
Whats in it for me? The entry fee for this competition is £5 per entry (one entry per person) that fee goes into a pot. the fastest RC at the end of the competition wins the pot. If your car is disqualified you forfeit your entry fee.

The Rules:
Spend no more than £100 in total on:
  • Rolling/donor Chassis
  • Speed controller
  • Motor
  • Battery
  • Body shell if you are not making our own.
  • Fuel
Exclusions to the £100 limit include:
  • Radio Gear (transmitter, receiver and servo)
  • Starting equipment ie starter box glow ignitor etc.
  • Postage costs of items bought
  • hand made body (must be made by person entering the competition)
  • hand made chassis (must be made by person entering the competition, use of mills or CNC is not allowed)
  • fixings, and small items such as the odd bearing turnbuckle or rod end to complete a roller purchased.
  • Spare spurs and pinions
  • One set of wheels and tyres
All cars will be scrutinised before running, and proof of money spent will be checked and confirmed, Any cars clearly in breach of the rules will be disqualified and entry fee will be forfeit.
How will the cars be run? Cars will be run one at a time through the ROSSA's laser traps (please note the car needs to have an area of at least 10cm in height to break the beams otherwise the speed may not be recorded. A run must be completed in a safe manor with the car in control at all times, once the car has passed through the trap the car must come to a controlled stop. Runs on fire/skidding or "flying" will result in a failed pass.
How many runs do i get? Cars will Have 3/5 runs each depending on the amount of entrys.

High jump: "Clear the tower"
This is something we will do at the end of the event as its likely to be a bit of a car killer.
Put simply we will re locate the scaffold tower after the last of the speed runs on sunday and give those who are brave enough an obstacle to try and jump over. Get your duct tape and cable ties at the ready.
........ Are you brave enough?

Basher Area

We have a large area of grassland available to us, which will be cut, in preparation for us to use (I think bulldog bash is at the site the weekend before so hopefully the bikers will kill most of it before hand lol There will be a selection of ramps to launch your cars off and cause some havoc (We are still in the process of securing some ramps if you can help please contact me )

If you would like to layout a track for running large scale cars please let me know and we will try and secure an area for this

What Facilities are provided? (more to be confirmed):
  • Toilets
  • Food is very much down to yourselves (there is a macdonalds and greggs next to each other in stratford and a waitrose a 5 min drive from site) ....... There is also sunday market that takes place a 5 min walk away from the ROSSA testing area and they have a rather decent burger van there (pieman5 and my self can confirm this lol)
  • Camping area
  • Marquee Pit area, Please bring your own folding tables and chairs if you want to use this area
  • There will be a generator onsite for charging lipos.
We are hoping to run some fun competitions for longest jump (with car still drive able) and a street race style tournament when people can race head to head to a cone and back , As well as offer all people coming an opportunity to have a run through the speed traps to really see how fast is your RC. Further details on these competitions will follow. I'm sure there is even a good chance of sorting out a RC drift track somewhere on site.

When is it?
There are still plenty of things that need to be confirmed, the date of the event has been confirmed for 16-17th of August which is Saturday and Sunday. For those who are travelling from afar and people who are helping setup the site will be accessible from 4pm on Friday 15th of August. Please PM me should this affect you.

How much do Tickets cost?

- Speed racers: Speed Event Entry. 2 days including camping £30
Includes entry into the UK RC Speed Championships. Free practice on Saturday and a min of 3 x 5 min runs on Sunday
- Speed racers: Speed Event Entry. 1 day £20
Includes entry into the UK RC Speed Championships with min of 3 x 5min runs on Saturday or Sunday

- Bashers: MSUK Bashing Entry 2 days including camping £25
Includes 2 days with camping. Entry into the off road speed contest with radar gun. No entry into UK RC Speed Championships.
£5 extra for entry into the UK RC Speed Championships, If there are any slots avaliable
- Bashers MSUK Bashing Entry 1 day £15
1 Day of bashing. [/size]Entry into the off road speed contest with radar gun

- Payment via paypal to : ajlovering@wellcomm.co.uk

Also feel free to fire any questions at me
Old 02-07-2014

What if you don't want to have to buy anything new at all to compete and do not have receipts for what you currently have?
Old 03-07-2014

you can just run anything, get speeds.maybe set a record,but for to enter the £100 comp you need reciepts{email ones will do}but you can just pay to get speed runs and if you break the 100mph you get a hat,same with 150moh and 200mph.tony might go for the 200mph with his rocket car,my friends running his dragster 128 mph last time and he going for 150 plus{8s},there bashing on site as well