Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 01-06-2019

ABCD

Last edited by gromit; 25-11-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2019
Mad Member

Sounds like they should have delayed it's release longer
Old 01-06-2019
Mad Member

What a load of rubbish.. how do you know what tolerance is on the drawing for either part?!!
Old 02-06-2019

The eccentrics for the Laydown are the same part as for the KC, U7068, for clarity's sake.

Shimming and eliminating play are a normal part of car prep. I shim the steering and hub carriers on the cougar, the diffs have shims in them..etc.

If the eccentrics were a press-fit into the gearbox some would come out too tight (unavoidable tolerance differences in manufacturing injection moulded parts?). It took all of about 2 mins to eliminate the movement on mine. Not a big deal. I'd rather shim and pack them so there's no rubbing to cause wear and develop slop. To get that type of fit without taking that step may not be achievable without machined parts, and even then tolerances exist in manufacturing as tools wear etc.
Old 03-06-2019

So been reading all this but does not bother me as the gears are cut to a bigger tooth than a Yokomo,so to me less critical....
Besides does not seem to slow the people like orlowski,Neumann,Yardy so what's the problem....
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 03-06-2019
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
So been reading all this but does not bother me as the gears are cut to a bigger tooth than a Yokomo,so to me less critical....
Besides does not seem to slow the people like orlowski,Neumann,Yardy so what's the problem....
I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick with what has been written about here. The LD was delayed originally with an issue in the diff area but this was rectified before the production run was finally shipped.

The most recent issue spoken about on here is not with gears and number of teeth but the plastic eccentric diff holders which hold the diff in either high, medium or low positions. It would seem that in the current production some customer are experiencing an issue where these plastics have shrunk (this happens with plastic mouldings) more than the original KC production run and therefore have more movement or slop than expected from a new part.

All I would say is that if you are not happy with the parts that come in the LD kit then speak directly to Schumacher who will be able to sort the problem out.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!

Last edited by AmiSMB; 03-06-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2019

No my car is perfect
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 03-06-2019
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
Those guys don't really count. They could drive a mardave meteor faster than most of us could drive this car. Noobs like me who can't setup a car for toffee get put off with stuff like this and having to shave parts of wishbones etc. And let's face it, Schumachers market is 99% club racers not world championship contenders
Old 04-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Those guys don't really count. They could drive a mardave meteor faster than most of us could drive this car. Noobs like me who can't setup a car for toffee get put off with stuff like this and having to shave parts of wishbones etc. And let's face it, Schumachers market is 99% club racers not world championship contenders
I am waiting the hobby shop to send me the laydown, in the meantime I am reading several complaints and issues during the build process in the rear end area. Not sure if its better to cancel my order and go with Associated or XRAY instead of this Schumacher kit.
Old 04-06-2019
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx75 View Post
I am waiting the hobby shop to send me the laydown, in the meantime I am reading several complaints and issues during the build process in the rear end area. Not sure if its better to cancel my order and go with Associated or XRAY instead of this Schumacher kit.
The only issue I had were the eccentrics, that was cured with a small strip of tape. To be honest, it may not have even been needed, it was only a small amount of play.

Putting all the washers on the diff out drive as per the bag instructions made the biggest difference.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 12-03-2020

Apart from weight reduction, do the new lower transmission housings (U7868 & U7869) for the LD Stock Spec offer any other advantages over the standard versions (U7617 & U7618)?
Old 13-03-2020
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Don’t think so mate
Old 18-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by danDanEFC View Post
Don’t think so mate
Thank you.
Old 25-11-2020

Default LD UPDATE (personal view)

After quite a lot of time since the Schumacher LD was released and getting to know the car and learn more about setting up the car. My comments at the point of release regarding the fit and function of the differential were totally unfounded and regreted, as a vast number of hours driving by top drivers and the hundreds of club drivers including myself across the world has proved.

For myself, I have not had a single failure of any part, and have had numerous racing successes which I put down to the flexibility of the LD being able to work on high, low grip and wet tracks, with out having to resort to a carpet / dirt version of the LD as with other makes.

Time driving the LD has been a great and I look forward to the future for more fun and success.

Last edited by gromit; 25-11-2020 at 08:42 PM.