Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 16-09-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalfM View Post
Hi,
after some years with other activitys, I have reactivated
my Lazer. Now I want to buy some tuning-parts. I am looking
for rear hubs, made of alloy. Would this one fit to the Lazer ZX-R?
KYOSHO SPW 123

Thank you for answering.

Regards
Ralf
Yeah they Will fit and look awsome too

Med vänlig hälsning, isobarik
Old 20-09-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Ok been tinkering a tad and moved wires, so now going under the centralchassis lipo brace through the hole I designed and to make it look better covered wires with black wrap around plastic. Also advice was given and thanks to my sponser have added Sworks 2wd shocks all round with their springs so now to test and see how it goes. Looks nice though.
James that has to be one of the most stunning looking cars i have seen Top work
Just acquired myself a few Kyosho's as i fancied a change from my normal Schumachers, got a rere tomahawk, optima mid custom & i have a zx-r on it's way to me, was wondering if you guys could tell me which version i have? these are the best pics i have until the car arrives on friday
Any advice would be most appreciated as my Kyosho knowledge is very limited

Last edited by gainsy; 20-09-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 20-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
Hi vintage lazer fans
thought id add these picked up the pair recently
no im not responsible for savaging tub chassis I wondered if its repairable or worth it
im sure james will be able to assist
regards dave and mitch
Wow - love the tub car especially!.... Personally I don't think there's anything you can do to fix the tub chassis - just send it to me & i'll dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner

Both cars have some very nice bits on them
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 20-09-2017
Mad Member

Cheers dan
you should see the pit box we got too ! Ill upload some pics soon
Old 20-09-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainsy View Post
Just acquired myself a few Kyosho's as i fancied a change from my normal Schumachers, got a rere tomahawk, optima mid custom & i have a zx-r on it's way to me, was wondering if you guys could tell me which version i have? these are the best pics i have until the car arrives on friday
Thanks for the nice comments, still some improving to be done but getting there.

Ok your car looks like a zxr mk1, but cant tell as i cant see the slipper but the wishbones are RPM and the front towers fibrelyte, top deck is an upgrade via another supplier but names eluding me. Chassis looks similar to one of my narrower designs with a few extra holes but looks very good.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 20-09-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the nice comments, still some improving to be done but getting there.

Ok your car looks like a zxr mk1, but cant tell as i cant see the slipper but the wishbones are RPM and the front towers fibrelyte, top deck is an upgrade via another supplier but names eluding me. Chassis looks similar to one of my narrower designs with a few extra holes but looks very good.
Thanks for the info
Going to get this race ready asap so i best get reading through this thread any well known weak points?
Old 20-09-2017

Quote:
Thanks for the info
Going to get this race ready asap so i best get reading through this thread any well known weak points?
Ok, a few pointers that work for me and I do like a well balanced car with a lot of steering. Ive bought B4 servo mounts and added the spacer on either side which pushed the servo more in wards but like the servo in the rear hole so its further back on the chassis and use a kimbrough servo saver (not the small one). Ive added blue pure ten steering and a zx steering plate as this does stop bump steer. Loner ujs on the front with the inner holes to widen the front end. Pivot block behind motor should be as per manual but very rear one reverse so you get kick up on the rear wishbones. Thats a start anyway.

Fibrelyte have all on file to peruse and see the motor plate I added in their designs is on your car
Answer UK team driver

Last edited by Welshy40; 20-09-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 20-09-2017
Super Moderator

Cheers for the tips

I got this to put in the mid but if it will work in the zxr then i will stick it in there as that car will get way more use
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0097.JPG (1.00 MB, 21 views)
Old 20-09-2017

Quote:
Cheers for the tips

I got this to put in the mid but if it will work in the zxr then i will stick it in there as that car will get way more use
Ok i use a mid one on my car like that but have since 1990, my question is how good a driver are you (I think you may be very good) as I only ask you could snap the chassis, top deck and damage the front gearbox if you crash. I prefer a loose belt with brushed but brushless does need my L brace design with front belt tensioner design in it but would recomend using the standard steering posts for strength and standard steering if not going for the pure ten. Mind you if it fits onto the zxr steering posts use and space out the posts.

Also my top deck is 5mm thick as well as my tower so I can use the mid posts. Times have changed and even this car breaks now.
Answer UK team driver
Old 20-09-2017
Super Moderator

Will probably run it brushless if possible, i run 10.5t in most of my vintage stuff & find it is more than fast enough, i do have a tekin fx esc & a nice orion 11x3 that needs a new home so i am open to brushed as well
Driving wise i don't crash too often these days as learnt long ago fast is not always the fastest way to a good time
Noticed your towers were 5mm thick, i was thinking of going 4mm at least so will go with 5mm
Where would i acquire the L brace design with front belt tensioner?

Last edited by gainsy; 20-09-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 20-09-2017

Quote:
Will probably run it brushless if possible, i run 10.5t in most of my vintage stuff & find it is more than fast enough, i do have a tekin fx esc & a nice orion 11x3 that needs a new home so i am open to brushed as well
Driving wise i don't crash too often these days as learnt long ago fast is not always the fastest way to a good time
Ok well that good so two options, put the entire mid steering in poles as well, downsides prone to breakage. Other option make it fit the zxr poles, upside is you keep the strength and less prone to damage. Brushless 10.5 should be fine. Fibrelyte do all and you just mention they made it for James they will find it. Just in case you werent aware they made me the very first cf tub chassis for this car and were the only makers of it, plus is available if you ever want one. I earn nothing from it and own the mold but want all to enjoy it as much as I did and still do.
Answer UK team driver

Last edited by Welshy40; 20-09-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 20-09-2017
Mad Member

Cheers dan
you should see the pit box we got too ! Ill upload some pics soon
Old 20-09-2017
Super Moderator

The tub chassis interests me greatly that's one question i now don't need to ask good of you to have the mould made again, if you want to pm me prices etc that's cool
Just taken delivery of this shapeways bumper for my mid build, will do the same on the lazer i think as well, thanks to Rama for doing the hard work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21317770_10212452633763460_6337184898165779213_n.jpg (51.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 21-09-2017

Quote:
The tub chassis interests me greatly that's one question i now don't need to ask good of you to have the mould made again, if you want to pm me prices etc that's cool
Just taken delivery of this shapeways bumper for my mid build, will do the same on the lazer i think as well, thanks to Rama for doing the hard work
Thanks for your support. I have also ordered a DAN B4 and Kyosho bumper but out of a new experimental plastic material from shapeways. Hopefully the new material is stronger and cheaper.
Old 21-09-2017

Quote:
I think its roughly around the £120 mark, it sounds a lot but its hand made and does take a lot of time to make. Also you need to decide on what chassis design you want cut out, like the zx or zxr mk1, mk2 or rr chassis designs or maybe your own ideas thrown in. I based my latest one on the zx chassis like the very first as I found the mk2 and rr had moved the weight further back and found the car wasnt as well balanced as the zx chassis so never used the mk2 chassis in 90's due to that. Thats my own opinion of couse and you may prefer the opposite of what I like.
Answer UK team driver
Old 21-09-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think its roughly around the £120 mark, it sounds a lot but its hand made and does take a lot of time to make. Also you need to decide on what chassis design you want cut out, like the zx or zxr mk1, mk2 or rr chassis designs or maybe your own ideas thrown in. I based my latest one on the zx chassis like the very first as I found the mk2 and rr had moved the weight further back and found the car wasnt as well balanced as the zx chassis so never used the mk2 chassis in 90's due to that. Thats my own opinion of couse and you may prefer the opposite of what I like.
The price is fine James, i know a lot of work goes into producing them so price must reflect their skills
I prefer the zx design as well so will probably go with what you have as well, will give it a bit of thought & let you know my final decision, can order & pay at the end of the month, am building this car primarily for next years revival so no rush on manufacture time

Going to stick to my original idea & put the alloy steering in the mid so i will get the blue ones for the lazer, are they the ones from Factory Works?
Old 21-09-2017

Quote:
The price is fine James, i know a lot of work goes into producing them so price must reflect their skills
I prefer the zx design as well so will probably go with what you have as well, will give it a bit of thought & let you know my final decision, can order & pay at the end of the month, am building this car primarily for next years revival so no rush on manufacture time

Going to stick to my original idea & put the alloy steering in the mid so i will get the blue ones for the lazer, are they the ones from Factory Works?
Kyosho 39655 is the item but think iso updated us all on a black part number in the last few pages and may be cheaper.
Answer UK team driver
Old 22-09-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
looks awsome but hard to tell since it has beenmodified to the max
top deck different and bottom chassi is also different the only original parts left besides the gearboxes are the rear tower from the zxr

looks awsome.

mvh isobarik
Old 22-09-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:
Kyosho 39655 is the item but think iso updated us all on a black part number in the last few pages and may be cheaper.
Many thanks, is the black version exactly the same as the blue ones?
Old 22-09-2017

Quote:
Many thanks, is the black version exactly the same as the blue ones?
Iso thinks so but i havent needed to buy one to try.
Answer UK team driver