Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2012
Mad Member

theres a guy that runs 1 at don valley seen it a few times,id love one wanted 1 since i was a nipper but didnt know you could get parts for them
Old 29-01-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Miggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
It isn't. I've not seen a cobra in over 5 years!

Best look in here then Col:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27465

Most are modded and tweaked.
Old 29-01-2012
Mad Member

I do find it strange that as Mardaves are supposed to be a cheap fun class, oval racing seems to have the most bickering and willy waving which does nothing to help the class. Just look at all the posturing over the P2 chassis for example.

I don't know what has happened behind the scenes as Mardave still seems to be supplying all it's other customers but I must admit if I was a manufacturer supplying TIC Racing I would probably be reconsidering my position.

Although the thread does seem to be hilariously derailed by Viper ably demonstrating he has no knowledge of how the BRCA or businesses work.
Old 30-01-2012

TIC are the worst company I've ever dealt with, by far !

I think if Schumacher get into the 'Mardave' game, Mardave will die. As much as I've loved Mardave cars over the last 22 years, they are no Schumacher !

As long as Schumacher can keep the cost right down, Schumacher have won. Maybe they will win, even if the cost goes up ? Having said that, I've just bought two VRX CE Mardaves with diffs and they cost me £105'ish each. For what you get, that's not cheap. I still remember the days of £55 (car, 4 cell, speedo, motor and charger). The CE does not even come with a motor !
Old 30-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
As long as Schumacher can keep the cost right down, Schumacher have won. Maybe they will win, even if the cost goes up ? Having said that, I've just bought two VRX CE Mardaves with diffs and they cost me £105'ish each. For what you get, that's not cheap. I still remember the days of £55 (car, 4 cell, speedo, motor and charger). The CE does not even come with a motor !
I think this is where Mardave are going wrong. They're no longer the cheap class they were. Once you've bought a VRX, added a diff, carbon chassis and an alloy pod you've just about reached the money of a good 12th pan car. Which would you rather have?
Old 30-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT3K View Post
I think this is where Mardave are going wrong. They're no longer the cheap class they were. Once you've bought a VRX, added a diff, carbon chassis and an alloy pod you've just about reached the money of a good 12th pan car. Which would you rather have?
Which would you rather sustain breakage and tyre costs for? Exactly. The cost of everything has gone up. Give Chris some credit for what he does. The price he negotiated on the carbon chassis really was fantastic.
Old 30-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Dransfield View Post
Which would you rather sustain breakage and tyre costs for? Exactly. The cost of everything has gone up. Give Chris some credit for what he does. The price he negotiated on the carbon chassis really was fantastic.
I'm not knocking Mardave All i'm saying is it's no longer the low cost class it once was.

The breakages issue, fair enough, but the tyre price difference versus 12th scale isn't huge to be honest.
Old 30-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT3K View Post
All i'm saying is it's no longer the low cost class it once was.
it still can be £65.95
http://www.mardave.co.uk/rc-car-kits...duct-1225.html

it would seem it just depends on what class you want to race in
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 30-01-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post
it still can be £65.95
http://www.mardave.co.uk/rc-car-kits...duct-1225.html

it would seem it just depends on what class you want to race in
To the untrained eye (that would be mine) that looks exactly like the ministock I had approx 100 years ago as my first car...
Old 30-01-2012

No dude, that is a basic V12, good for a starter into the hobby, it can then be upgraded as you progress, and with thoes V10 body mounts you could go and race it as a Banger, as the class has reverted back to the resistor board only, no esc's for this years BRCA nationals, club might be different though although most are resistior board only I think.
Old 30-01-2012

Quote:
To the untrained eye (that would be mine) that looks exactly like the ministock I had approx 100 years ago as my first car...
The Mini's I know and love from the late 80's, had a one piece red front cross member. Loved those cars

That must mean I'm at least 200 years old LOL

I've just test run my first mini (CE) in 15 years up and down the road, FANTASTIC !!! All ready for club night
Old 30-01-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by stox217 View Post
the class has reverted back to the resistor board only, no esc's for this years BRCA nationals
Seriously?
Old 30-01-2012

Quote:
Seriously?
Just for the Mardave 1/12th oval Bangers.
We dont even have lipo or brushless in 1/12th oval yet!
Old 30-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
I think if Schumacher get into the 'Mardave' game, Mardave will die. As much as I've loved Mardave cars over the last 22 years, they are no Schumacher !

Whether Schumacher takes over any of the many oval classes is entirely down to the racers as a lot of the BRCA classes specify that a Mardave car must be used. Mardave will only lose out if the drivers vote in the Schumacher cars, which surely will only happen if the majority of drivers want to run the Schumachers.
Old 30-01-2012

Our club runs Mardaves, if it's not made by Mardave it's not allowed.
Motors, ESC's and batteries are unlimited.
As long as the prices stay reasonable and parts are easily available then nothing will change.
Pan cars and Schumachers are totally different, I've used TIC, I've bought direct from Mardave, I've bought off eBay, as long as we can get parts to continue our racing then I don't think as a club it's an issue.

The only thing that has got me about Mardaves is that parts can be so cheap that postage ends up being more than the item you're buying!!
Old 30-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stox217 View Post
Just for the Mardave 1/12th oval Bangers.
We dont even have lipo or brushless in 1/12th oval yet!
Noooooooo!

Well everyone has moved from manuals to esc's. Manual speed controllers are one of the things that puts people of racing. We are runnings esc's at our club and I doubt we will ever go back (we would loose members if we did)

As to kit price, as far as i am aware Schumacher will be getting their kits built in china so their costs will be cheap compared to mardave who still build things in the uk (less units and more expensive labour costs). So I would expect the price to be in the same ball park, they could theoretically be cheaper.

I just hope for positives and the addition of a new chassis expands the class so they can both have a profitable chunk going forward.

However as quoted above, if the brca is still obsessed with keeping oval etc in the 70's then I can't see another chassis being allowed.
Old 01-02-2012

i dont find this suprising at all...... look at the forums:
rc circuit races make a that P2 chassis.
Tic racing Buys the Rc Circuit races website.
Mardave pulls out from Tic racing.

Long live mardave..........
Old 02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythewarrior View Post
i dont find this suprising at all...... look at the forums:
rc circuit races make a that P2 chassis.
Tic racing Buys the Rc Circuit races website.
Mardave pulls out from Tic racing.

Long live mardave..........
Oh Jay the warrior so ill informed mate its almost making me cry
seems like you are going to be very busy chappy stamping on all the P2 chassis that TIC are about to produce do you know why Mardave is in the dark ages because of people like you with little or in your case no vision and its not rc circuit racers its RCCIRCUITCARS Durrrrrrrrrrrrr

Watch this space Jay because all is about to change in the Mardave dominated class just like i told you on the site a few months back. seem like in a few months mardave will be able to hold race meetings in a phone box dont say you did not see it coming!!!!!

TIC RACING now all the rights on the P2 chassis as well and as we talk they are developing it ready for a proper launch so dig out your best stomping boots cus you going to be one hell of a busy boy
Old 02-02-2012
Mad Member

From a casual observers point of view why get the P2 when the CE carbon beats it at race events?
Old 02-02-2012
Mad Member

the thing is mardave is a budget class which is now based around beginners and having fun all these mods and new chassis's are for the people who want to change there arnt that many folk out there that do want all this to change.theres the odd few willing to follow where the class is going where its been led by these bum holes that want it to be something its not.

simple thing really if people want to use it they will if they dont they wont get a grip over yourself.mods or no mods its down to driver skill and setup if they do well or not yes some mods help but most of them are basicly just there to make them look pretty for the show offs.

i for 1 am interested in the new schumacher car but i know for a fact its going to be expensive compared to a mardave to buy and run.and from what ive seen of the chassis it looks abit manic theres that much chucked on it.

as far as i can see tic racing have pissed on there own bonfire!