Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 29-06-2011

Send a message via MSN to Mossy
Default SX3 Setups

Ive attached a base setup that I have been running on the car over the last few monts - I havent really altered much since the first national at Stotfold to be honest. This was exactly what I ran at Kiddy 2 weeks ago to finish second to Lee and what i used on Oz this weekend (mainly grass track).

Im sure that Danny, Grant and Tom will be posting some of there setups too so you get the best of what we've done.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Si
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moss_Kiddy_SX3.jpg (158.5 KB, 240 views)
Old 29-06-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

hi si whats the idea of low and high pivot points,and how does it work on the car
Old 05-07-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

What sort of weight are the team aiming for with the sx3. I have Trish's weight and the rudebits weights as options.

Although doesn't look like I can run Tony's trays and Trish's weight.
Old 05-07-2011

mattys only running around 30-40 grms upfront at the mo
Old 14-07-2011

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Sorry about the lateness in reply.

I run the front pin high on the rear pivot pin because I feel it gives a better balance to the car. Running both pin high I found made the car rotate too much through the corner, whereas running them both low meant that the car was too locked in at the rear end - co for me too much grip.

As for the weight, I have nothing up front. The Trishbits centre weight can be used with Rudebits lipo tray. I have raised Tony's tray by 2mm all round and that means that the weight I have off Trish can clamp around this - the one I have is in 2 parts and screws in from the bottom.

Ive also attached the setup I ran at Oswestry this weekend. The setup is the same as I ran in the wet to TQ round 3, only difference being I went to Ballistics. This should be a good base setup for Grass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moss_Oz_SX3.jpg (158.0 KB, 109 views)
Old 28-07-2011

double post sorry

Last edited by shannow95; 28-07-2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: double post sorry
Old 28-07-2011

Thank you ,

I will try this setup as a basis for a similar track in france .Unfortunaly the grass here in france is very coarse and big (and the dirt is more sort of mini canyons than flat).
I haven't tried my SX3 yet on it but my kyosho zx5 last week had it springs going up and down like a jackhammer on the clods of grass(pretty soft springs)!
In my backyard where I have loads of grass my x12 6.5t motor was running at 70-75° C with a 21teeth pinion and the 83t spur (no timing) still experimenting ...

Jonathan
Old 19-08-2011

Afternoon Everyone

I have set my cat sx3 up with Simon's grass setup has attached in this thread, my problems are as follows:

The Rear Toe/Track - points in alot, is it surpose to be like this?

My shocks, front and back are very sluggish, ie when the they are attached to the car there is very little rebound - for example when setting up my chamber front and back, i drop the car onto the bench, the suspension doesnt rebound to any level - no movement. If i take my shocks and springs off the car, and push the suspension in the shocks returns full length.

Please can someone help

Many Thanks

Mark
Old 19-08-2011
Mad Member

Check you wishbones and hubs for binding. If the locknut at the back of the front wishbone is too tight it will cause the front wishbones to bind. With the shocks off see how free the wishbones are. They should easily fall under there own weight.
Old 19-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny97 View Post
Afternoon Everyone

I have set my cat sx3 up with Simon's grass setup has attached in this thread, my problems are as follows:

The Rear Toe/Track - points in alot, is it suppose to be like this?

My shocks, front and back are very sluggish, IE when the they are attached to the car there is very little rebound - for example when setting up my chamber front and back, i drop the car onto the bench, the suspension doesn't rebound to any level - no movement. If i take my shocks and springs off the car, and push the suspension in the shocks returns full length.

Please can someone help

Many Thanks

Mark
and make sure that you haven't over tightened the nuts at the top pinching the shock caps, these should move freely using you fingers
Old 19-08-2011

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them later

So you think my shocks are built right. I never normally have a problem with shocks on my nitro cars
Old 19-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny97 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them later

So you think my shocks are built right. I never normally have a problem with shocks on my nitro cars
Sounds like they are if they are rebounding with no spring, personally I set my shocks to have no or very little unsprung rebound but that is personal choice.
Old 01-09-2011

Being in mind that i am a newbie when it comes to electric, the grass setup from Simon was amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The car handled faultless all week end apart from the front plastic standard yokes, i changed the standard ball pin to a long one but it seemed to come loose. Bought a new set and seemed to do the trick, might invest in the alloy upgrade ones.

Next question - Simon, do you or any of the schumacher drivers have a decent setup for carpet for winter racing? Can you post one on the forum?

Thank you