Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 20-12-2010

I understand that.. but that can be said with loads of things.. the DEX410 over the B44.1 or something. Its, been developed by a RACER.. tested by Racers and
he's documented everything.. you don't see any other Company.. letting club driver's test a port car do you? No.. not very often if at all.. so that in its self gives racers even more confidence. Specially when all the feedback is good. I understand what your saying, but the same principal can be said about anything.. why do people buy new golf clubs for instance.. there will be very minimal performance increase.. but people still do.

either way Joseph deserve's everything he gets, as its a stunning buggy.. and so far.. has had some fantastic results and feedback... !
Old 20-12-2010

Good marketing sells. JQ's marketing campaign just confirmes this. New company, no history, no racing credentials and still it sells as hot bread. Other manufactures could learn from this.
Old 20-12-2010

"THE Car" has sold more units in the last week than ANY other brand of race level kit we stock has sold in the last YEAR.

-Kendall Bennett, A Main Hobbies CEO
Old 20-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen View Post
Good marketing sells. JQ's marketing campaign just confirmes this. New company, no history, no racing credentials and still it sells as hot bread. Other manufactures could learn from this.
Ha - thank you. I was wondering if I was the only one to perceive it this way.

I am NOT saying his car isn't as good as any other. I'm just saying that, so far, I don't see no reason why it'd be any better...

The 'Rango/B44.1 examples don't hold true, especially not the AE one... we're talking about a company who's done nothing but gaining world titles for the past 30 years...

It'd take a serious mechanical genius to suddenly, out of private funds with no top-notch car full-time tester/developper team, come out with a car that's soooo much better than the rest of the competition, when the competition includes such big names who's been doing nothing but developing racecars for the past 20yrs such as J. Hudy (XRay), K. Sanada (Mugen), C. Lett (AE), J. Johnson and G. Losi (Kyosho), J. Steenari (Losi) and so on so forth.

I do reckon J. Quagraine sure is a good pilot, probably a good engineer too, maybe a good businessman (time will tell) but CERTAINLY a fantastic marketeer. This is probably the highest ROI campaign in RC ever, as he's managed to make people believe that different go-to-market strategy can only mean his car is better

I'll watch and see how the car performs both in future club races as well as national and international events...

Paul
Old 20-12-2010

Yeah I agree.. but Losi and AE.. always have 2-3 new projects on the go at 1 time.. where as the car is 1 thats it. Granted its JQ and a few other's and losi will have heaps of people but so far the car looks bloody good too as well as the amazing marketing..

Once you see it in person and driven.. you will understand even more why it's a good car.. yes it wont be 7 seconds faster than any other's but I can garuntee it will be one of the contenders for nationals and so on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Ha - thank you. I was wondering if I was the only one to perceive it this way.

I am NOT saying his car isn't as good as any other. I'm just saying that, so far, I don't see no reason why it'd be any better...

The 'Rango/B44.1 examples don't hold true, especially not the AE one... we're talking about a company who's done nothing but gaining world titles for the past 30 years...

It'd take a serious mechanical genius to suddenly, out of private funds with no top-notch car full-time tester/developper team, come out with a car that's soooo much better than the rest of the competition, when the competition includes such big names who's been doing nothing but developing racecars for the past 20yrs such as J. Hudy (XRay), K. Sanada (Mugen), C. Lett (AE), J. Johnson and G. Losi (Kyosho), J. Steenari (Losi) and so on so forth.

I do reckon J. Quagraine sure is a good pilot, probably a good engineer too, maybe a good businessman (time will tell) but CERTAINLY a fantastic marketeer. This is probably the highest ROI campaign in RC ever, as he's managed to make people believe that different go-to-market strategy can only mean his car is better

I'll watch and see how the car performs both in future club races as well as national and international events...

Paul
Old 20-12-2010

Well, this is the thing, I don't think I have been doing such a great job at marketing, I think the competition hasn't been doing a very good job for marketing. They all did it the same, not really saying anything interesting. I never even studied marketing! If everyone did what I do, then I would have done an ok job, normal. Do you think 1 person can do better than a company with a separate marketing department? I don't think so!

BUT, somehow I managed to do a good job, call it luck, good friends, or a clever few months in my life where I made the right choices, the most important thing is the product itself. Yes it became successful now, but no amount of quality marketing will save me if the product doesn't live up to the expectations.

And that my friends, is why I designed so it would. It's not the same as the other cars, and when more people get to drive it, they will see what I mean. Some may not think its anything special, some may not like it, but I think most who drive it will agree that it has potential to be a great car in anyone's hands.

A second important factor is support, THE Support is something that I hope will be second to none with this product, and whatever help or support someone needs, it will be made available.
Old 20-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:

This is probably the highest ROI campaign in RC ever, as he's managed to make people believe that different go-to-market strategy can only mean his car is better

Paul
i'm pretty sure there's been no smoke & mirrors, hypnotism or even Jedi mind tricks to fool anybody into thinking THE car is anything it isn't

what you have had is a never seen before transparency. with information about why certain design elements of THE car have been done in a certain way, or not. plus some insight into the thought processes behind those decisions.
you interpret that information as you see it based on your thinking & then YOU decide yourself if you want to buy into the concept

if anything you'd be making an "informed" decision based on real technical information rather than just believing traditional marketing hype with slogans like "aerospace alloy chassis" or "new & improved geometry" & phrases like "fast enough to win the world championship" etc

oh one last thing.........This is THE car you are looking for...
Old 21-12-2010

JQ - you're a natural-born marketeer. The name of the car, with caps letters and all, with that trick coming over and over again all over the internet and being rehashed to death, is a stroke of genius that built crazy awareness. The few months before the release saw the best guerilla-marketing campaing in RC ever, a real 2.0 campaign. Your thread on RCtech received an absolutely insane amount of followers and you animated it nicely. Your well-publicized trips to the US gained you instant visibility on the US market, which is key to success ("THEpunt" thing was awesome). The product teasing was perfectly executed. Teaming with Amain for US distribution was again pure genius as they're the only who can give you such reach from scratch (then again Bennet is likely not leaving you with much left, financially speaking - distribution has a cost...). What you've achieved, commercially, is unbelievable... you deserve massive success for that, no doubt. It took almost 10yrs to Strenge to do what you've done in one.

Now, again, I don't want to be seen as the party-pooper who bashes the product, because this isn't my intent... but I am still failing to see how it can handle that differently from the other top-contenders, as, well, it uses the same technical choices and architecture that have been the rules in the hobby for about 15 years now, and that top-level companies have spent ages refining and fine-tuning. People now have very high expectations about your product based on the pre-launch marketing - we'll judge it on the track

I wish you a genuine Good luck,
Paul
Old 21-12-2010

It handles differently mainly because the geometry is so different.

Thank you
Old 21-12-2010

Quote:

it uses the same technical choices and architecture that have been the rules in the hobby for about 15 years now
Like the short A arms?
Old 21-12-2010
Mad Member

well.........

THE wait is over for me! just had a knock at the door

looks like we know where number 39 is my old Motocross number

Old 21-12-2010

Good lord! Adam.. you have all 4! I envy you if so

1 for Rob?
Old 21-12-2010
Mad Member

2 each

just to cover any spares we might need before THE spares order arrives!
although looking at the weather they wont be seeing any action for a few weeks yet.
winter hibernation all round
Old 21-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

who got #46?
Old 21-12-2010

Very nice! Yeah I know.. sucks bawlz.. weather is not playing ball thats for sure! At this rate you both will have your's built before Grant does
Old 21-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net View Post
who got #46?
THE man himself
Old 21-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

JQ or actual Rossi?

I didn't see anything on Neo about Rossi signing for JQ though...
Old 21-12-2010
Mad Member

sshhh its supposed to be a secret. big christmas day headline!

have to think of something else now

anyone got Daniel Craigs number? i got chassis 007 going begging here
Old 21-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

oh bugger, ive let the cat out of the bag now :S
Old 21-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good job Showtime! Can we have some nice build pics dude, car looks ace btw! Been keeping an eye on this one!

www.rccarshop.co.uk