Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 14-05-2011

Default Cat SX, Out of date?

I may have the chance to buy a virtually brand new Cat SX locally for a good price.
My question is, will the SX be worth buying? I know nothing about the Cat line and I dont want to end up with an old car with no parts.
How different is the SX compared to the SXII?
Do many parts interchange?

I have been told that its mainly bigger shocks on the SXII and a more LiPo specific chassis also.

What do you think?
Old 14-05-2011

big bores,chassis and less aluminum pieces...all i did for my sx was buy the aluminum gearbox tops,and the big bores...i still need the newer diff halves
Old 18-05-2011

My Cat is on its way.
The original Cat I was looking to buy ended up being priced extremely high. I was able to find another used Cat out of Florida USA. I have no idea what kind of condition this car is in. From the pic I got, the car looks grubby, but I can see very little in the way of worn out or bent parts. Just needs a good cleaning and removal of way too much servo tape.

I can see what look like Associated rear turnbuckles, I believe this is to use more of the camber positions. What do you think?

Once It arrives and I give it a clean I will post up a pic.

Seeing as I dont have the car yet and this may be a completely stupid question, but has any one tried to modify a Durango gear diff or found one that can be forced in?
Im thinking once the Spec R gear diff is out for the Mi4, then maybe, just maybe it could be made to work.
Old 18-05-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to trevpotter

My original Cat SX PB is still going strong. I,ve run mine outdoors and indoors for two years and only had the usual breakages, ie wishbones and shock towers and I,ve smashed 1 front diff outdrive. I,ve not had a problem with the diff tops though and not through lack of big crashes! I would struggle to replace it because I run a Cougar in 2wd and I only have stick Li Po's. Its a great car but does benefit from the big bore shocks. Its still very competative and great to drive at club and regional level.