Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 18-08-2012

No problems here with my 1s installation either, even room for my voltage booster
can't waith till 18th Sept when I get to run her in anger

WWW.WCRCCC.CO.UK

One Life, Live it!

Old 19-08-2012

Wow, racing is going to be interesting with this mix of cars.
SC10. Stock spec ESC & motor. KO Propo.

Powered by Nanotechnology.
Old 19-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot Slice View Post
Anyone know what gives the cleanest cut on laminates. Maybe a tungsten carbide straight flute cutter?
The cleanest cut will be with diamond cutters if you have them, but only of use if you are doing a production run. A tungsten carbide straight two flute cutter is perfect for the job and gives a clean edge, and will cut for some time before wearing out. Any sort of spiral flute will just rip the edges of the fibreglass. Use a fairly fast feed as too slow and the grp can edges burn.

Cooling is not absolutely essential. Ideally you use air for cooling, but that throws the fibreglass shards into the air and not good at all for your lungs. Water cooling helps preserve the cutters.
Old 20-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
The cleanest cut will be with diamond cutters if you have them, but only of use if you are doing a production run. A tungsten carbide straight two flute cutter is perfect for the job and gives a clean edge, and will cut for some time before wearing out. Any sort of spiral flute will just rip the edges of the fibreglass. Use a fairly fast feed as too slow and the grp can edges burn.

Cooling is not absolutely essential. Ideally you use air for cooling, but that throws the fibreglass shards into the air and not good at all for your lungs. Water cooling helps preserve the cutters.
Thanks for the response on cutting Terry. Much appreciated.
It will be a lot less worrying now.
Old 31-08-2012

[IMG][/IMG]

so far

[IMG][/IMG]

see a bit more clear whats going on in this one

The cross piece that goes from pod to post is a damper.
Old 01-09-2012

getting there. got rid of that velcro
Old 01-09-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

if you can do a battery strap for the kit chassis layout, that would sell!
Old 01-09-2012
Mad Member

I hope your roll damper idea is according to rule 6.2.1 of the BRCA GT12 construction rules.

Although my reading of the rules is that every car on the market already breaks rule 6.1 so perhaps some more thought should have gone into the wording of it.
Old 01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
I hope your roll damper idea is according to rule 6.2.1 of the BRCA GT12 construction rules.

Although my reading of the rules is that every car on the market already breaks rule 6.1 so perhaps some more thought should have gone into the wording of it.
6.2.1 = damper tube is ok as it does not have seals to reatain the oil!

your going to need to explain what you mean by 6.1
Old 01-09-2012

Quote:

"separate dampers are only allowed on the rear suspension."
It is worded a little oddly. What is a damper if its not separate. It seems to suggest that a damper, if it is not separate is allowed on the front. But the front is not mentioned.
Schumacher's idea of a damper is some o-rings. So maybe 'seperate' in this context means 'more than one'
Technically the inclusion of the word 'separate' ruins the sentence.

I think it is safe to interpret 6.2.1 as 'Dampers are only allowed on the rear suspension'

Whats wrong with rule 6.1?
Old 01-09-2012

Quote:
"separate dampers are only allowed on the rear suspension."
It is worded a little oddly. What is a damper if its not separate. It seems to suggest that a damper, if it is not separate is allowed on the front. But the front is not mentioned.
Schumacher's idea of a damper is some o-rings. So maybe 'seperate' in this context means 'more than one'
Technically the inclusion of the word 'separate' ruins the sentence.

I think it is safe to interpret 6.2.1 as 'Dampers are only allowed on the rear suspension'

Whats wrong with rule 6.1?
6.2.1 is to stop dampers that are oil filled and sealed such as the off road touring shocks
Old 01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
6.2.1 is to stop dampers that are oil filled and sealed such as the off road touring shocks
Yeah, the straw type.

The rules aint worded perfect like but as clear enough.
Old 01-09-2012

Default supastox esc

the best plan is buy a gm75 esc this fits where it should with out hanging out of the car nice small foot print mate
Old 02-09-2012
Mad Member

6.1 "The chassis may not include any features designed to allow the front and rear axle to rotate along the central axis of the car relative to each other. "

Well, they all have mounts on them to allow for axial rotation in the rear suspension, so somewhat curious wording. Any rule that requires a note after it to explain the intention hasn't been worded very well... As far as the intention being to remove chassis flex, well, ALL components flex, just some flex more noticeably than others.

It will be interesting to see to what extent the class becomes dominated by scratchbuilt cars, or cars built from a hybrid of Mardave, Schumacher and older 12th circuit parts. I'm sure the BRCA will have some justification for allowing scratchbuilding, but my gut feeling is that the CWIC series has got it right by restricting their GT12 class to Supastox cars ONLY and Schumacher options ONLY.

And don't get me started on the THREE "equivalent" powertrains...
Old 02-09-2012

But they don't pivot on the centre line relative to each other?

If they have suspension front and rear, then there not relying on chassis flex for suspension?
Mardave and ss should run side by side and. Brca have said if a scratch build wipes the floor it will discouraged
Old 02-09-2012

Quote:
6.1 "The chassis may not include any features designed to allow the front and rear axle to rotate along the central axis of the car relative to each other. "

Well, they all have mounts on them to allow for axial rotation in the rear suspension, so somewhat curious wording. Any rule that requires a note after it to explain the intention hasn't been worded very well... As far as the intention being to remove chassis flex, well, ALL components flex, just some flex more noticeably than others.

It will be interesting to see to what extent the class becomes dominated by scratchbuilt cars, or cars built from a hybrid of Mardave, Schumacher and older 12th circuit parts. I'm sure the BRCA will have some justification for allowing scratchbuilding, but my gut feeling is that the CWIC series has got it right by restricting their GT12 class to Supastox cars ONLY and Schumacher options ONLY.

And don't get me started on the THREE "equivalent" powertrains...
The note after the rule is there to be informative and it adds clarity.
Some pan cars have a narrow part on the chassis that acts as suspension.
The rules are saying that this type of suspension is not allowed.
Suspension parts that work as they do on Mardaves and Superstox are one of the points that define the class.

Scratch built cars and cars that have diffs and other mods will dominate GT12.1
Standard cars in GT12.2

The various motor/battery options are well reasoned as are all other parts in the rules.
If something in there does not seem to make sense, be assured that a multitude of people with experience and expertise have chewed it over and come up with the best.
Old 02-09-2012

refined it a bit.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-09-2012

Send a message via MSN to russmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
if you can do a battery strap for the kit chassis layout, that would sell!

Mark, it's down on paper... and template sorted, and i have to say, it's looking pretty Good!

Will try to finish the first 'prototype' in a couple of days. I'll let you all see it in situ and i'll be able to test properly in race mode on Friday night.

RCDesigns - Leading the way again...

Updates may appear here first - http://www.facebook.com/pages/RCDesigns/217424501604891
Old 03-09-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Quote:
refined it a bit.
Looks great
Old 03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Looks great
Thanks Pavel.