Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-09-2010
Mad Member

Default Short Course Carnage 2010 Meeting, A1 racing Club

Hi,

This is just a quick heads up,

A1 Racing Club is running a Short Course Truck meeting on Sunday 26th September at our outdoor astroturf track.

Saturday 25th September will be open practice for those wishing to play with set ups ready for the meeting.

All are invited and welcome to come along and race.

We are based alongside the A1 near Grantham in Lincolnshire, so fairly central in the UK.

The meeting is sponsored by CML Distribution and Traxxas UK, prizes will be announced very soon.

1/10th 2wd/4wd buggies will also be welcome at the event.

For those 1/10th buggy drivers that have tried our track, we have been recently improving and reprofiling bumps and jumps to make it friendlier on cars landing and laptimes quicker, although i'm sure you all enjoyed our 46m straight!

For those wondering on tyre choices... i have run Strike, SC10 and Slash trucks on kit tyres around the track and all have plenty of grip on the Astroturf in the dry, none with obvious advantage IMO.

I'm hoping the surface will give a neutral grip level for standard SCT tyres if it is dry to keep running costs down for drivers, although if wet or damp then fastrax kourse king spikes will give ultimate grip (and ultimate grip roll)

Any questions or suggestions on format, rules etc then please use this thread to discuss and i'll answer asap.

Thanks for reading,

Mark.

online booking in and rules at www.A1racingclub.com