Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 06-07-2012

Default 8-Racing cf chassis

I posted a few pics of a pair of DEX210's that we have for my younger brother Cush that have just been fitted with the new 8-Racing cf chassis (big thanks to Tresrey USA who support Cush's racing and brought the chassis in for him and their US customers)- one car with standard length and one with the +8 chassis. Both cars setup in RM3 configuration. Below is a copy of the results from our first test session with the cars that I posted on RC Tech:

Just got home from testing with Cush and the new cf chassis. We ran several back to back sessions, swapping tires, batteries, and even battery foams to keep the comparison as equal as possible. Setups were identical on both cars, and the only difference electronically was the motors- SP 8.5 and Tresrey V3 8.5.

The standard length cf chassis was instantly better on the indoor track (125x65 clay, medium to high bite). Within two laps Cush was gushing about how "dialed" the car was. From where I was standing it was the smoothest I had seen the car look on that track, which has been the same since March. The car looks much less sensitive to overshot/flat landings, carves nice lines through corners, and accelerates vèry hard. Of the two, he prefers the standard chassis for the tighter layout on the indoor track. The +8 car was good too, but didn't rotate at the apex like the shorter one did. We'll play with it more ndxt time out, but there was an outdoor track to try also.

Running on the outdoor track brought somewhat opposite results. The standard length chassis still jumped well, but rotated too much at the apex and was pretty sketchy in the high speed sweeper. He could make nice laps and run competitive times, but you could see he was really working to do it. The +8 on the other hand was on a whole other level outside. High speed stability is drastically increased, including a fast sweeper at the end of the backstraight that he could never go through wide open- until now. Big improvement in overall stability, predictability, and his overall confidence pushing the car. As the track dried from being prepped and the surface developed a light layer of dust, he was able to maintain his same pace without fear of the back end stepping out. Missed jump landing looked much more forgiving as well. One lap the car looked to be nearly vertical (like you were holding it up by one side) over the front triple, and it soaked up the landing and powered down into the next corner. At that point Cush yelled down "You see how forgiving it is now?" The longer length is definitely a great benefit for larger, more sweeping style tracks. I can't wait to see him race next weekend with it, but he looked better than I've ever seen him on an outdoor track by simply bolting some extra length on.

Either chassis makes a significant difference that is noticeable right away. It's just a matter of the application you want it for. Either way, you can't lose
Old 06-07-2012
Mad Member

Sounds good what was your setup and weight distribution?
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchris View Post
Sounds good what was your setup and weight distribution?
I'll have the full setup on Tresrey-USA.com in a day or two. Dk. Green fronts, 27.5 Losi oil, 1.3x4 pistons, middle hole top and outer hole lower. Black rears, 30 Losi oil, 1.2x4 pistons, middle hole top and bottom. TrakPower 4400 shorty. Weight distribution was roughly 64.5% on rear. RM3 configuration. Would like to try MM this coming indoor season as our track is always medium to high bite and the 210 has loads of rear bite- we're usually looking for bits of steering in his car, but rarely rear traction.
Old 08-07-2012

i also drive the 8racing +8mm chassis for 2months now on my rm3 car, and it makes the car definitely better, but the quality of the carbon is ...
mine is broken on 2 places, 1 place after a run from 5min
cars: 2xdurango dex210/dex410r, 3x cougar sv, losi 22, tardis, cr2 Atomic Carbon, xxx-cr, custom xxx-jv, asso b4, cat sx1/3, losi 8ight-e, hobao hyper 8.5, traxxas e-maxx, traxxas mini-erevo, serpent s400, mini-z's, lrp shark, ..
wanted: pred x10/11 and AC s2
Old 08-07-2012

Anybody else broken one of these chassis or had quality issues ?

Last edited by adey; 08-07-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Wording error
Old 08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
i also drive the 8racing +8mm chassis for 2months now on my rm3 car, and it makes the car definitely better, but the quality of the carbon is ...
mine is broken on 2 places, 1 place after a run from 5min
Odd to me- I would contact them about it. We have had the 8-Racing/Tresrey cf chassis on the DEX410 now for two full seasons and it has been very solid. My brother was 13 when he got it and, well, was not always easy on the car. Only have one practice night on the 210 chassis, but will keep an eye out for issues. Did the chassis break, or the extensions?
Old 08-07-2012

the extensions on the middel of the chassis. i think a layer or 4 deep and in the back its complete over weer the screw are but i have repaird it but for the price i wish it was better quality ;p
cars: 2xdurango dex210/dex410r, 3x cougar sv, losi 22, tardis, cr2 Atomic Carbon, xxx-cr, custom xxx-jv, asso b4, cat sx1/3, losi 8ight-e, hobao hyper 8.5, traxxas e-maxx, traxxas mini-erevo, serpent s400, mini-z's, lrp shark, ..
wanted: pred x10/11 and AC s2