Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4 Days Ago
Yorkiebar Yorkiebar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 94
Question BRCA rules - reverse & bodyshell painting

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a definitive answer on this old coconut - the use of reverse when racing.

I've read through the entire rule set for 1/10th offroad and I can find no mention of reverse being banned for racing use, so did this just come about as a local level gentlemen's agreement? Or was it a ruling in the past?

The other rule I'd like to find some confirmation on is painting of a shell. I had an idea for a design which meant the windows were painted over, but was told that it was a ruling the windows had to be clear? Again, I can't find anything on this, and some out of the box designs like a Tamiya Dark Impact have opaque window coverings from memory.

Anyone in the know able to clarify please?
__________________
Back from 30 year retirement finding use for my thumbs again, still rubbish.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 4 Days Ago
K-Brewer K-Brewer is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: in a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 1,166
Default

Im almost sure its now allowed to use reverse
__________________
2wd High Grip
Xray xb2 18
https://www.rcdisco.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4 Days Ago
racingdwarf's Avatar
racingdwarf racingdwarf is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norfik
Posts: 2,901
Default

Yes, I had a good look through the book some time ago, I remember it being band for good reason, but now I find no ruling. I personally think it should be band at regional level, as had quite a few cases of drivers reversing from getting caught on track markers, then reversing out into the line of other racers!

I think the rule disappeared years ago when nobody had reverse on the ESC. But now with brushless...it Back!
__________________
Dave

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB6,ZX6,RC12 5.2, RC10 worlds
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 3 Days Ago
fidspeed's Avatar
fidspeed fidspeed is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,143
Default

I queried reverse when reffering a regional meeting (offroad) and it is legal to use it
There is nothing currently in brca rule book (unless we missed it)

Etiquette would suggest you don't use it that's what Marshals are for but drivers are drivers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3 Days Ago
Dave Dodd's Avatar
Dave Dodd Dave Dodd is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At the track according to my Wife
Posts: 2,157
Default

Personally I think it should be banned, purely for safety reasons.. Both for other drivers and marshals...
1. Stops them reversing into other drivers
2. Marshals risk getting hit by reversing car or standing on it, as it reverses under their foot..
3. Stops marshals looking like idiots, when they finally get to spot only for the car to have reversed and drove off.
__________________

Website: https://bmrrc.wordpress.com

Schumacher Cougar KF2 Se, Tekno eb410, Sc5m, Rc10 Team and SST 98 Rally Car #71.

Autocare & Cycles, Cotgrave. Now selling top quality wallpaper at low prices, it all must go - £3 or less per roll.

Last edited by Dave Dodd; 3 Days Ago at 08:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 3 Days Ago
knighthawk's Avatar
knighthawk knighthawk is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Wiltshire
Posts: 1,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodd View Post
Personally I think it should be banned, purely for safety reasons.. Both for other drivers and marshals...
1. Stops them reversing into other drivers
2. Marshals risk getting hit by reversing car or standing on it, as it reverses under their foot..
3. Stops marshals looking like idiots, when they finally get to spot only to the car has reversed and drove off.
Can't agree more.

We have been trying to educate our younger driver not to use their reverse because of these reason's
By the time the marshal has safety got to the car, its reversed into another car and now there's two or more cars to marshal
__________________
Schumacher
Speed Passion
Futaba
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3 Days Ago
Spanky855 Spanky855 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiebar View Post
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a definitive answer on this old coconut - the use of reverse when racing.

I've read through the entire rule set for 1/10th offroad and I can find no mention of reverse being banned for racing use, so did this just come about as a local level gentlemen's agreement? Or was it a ruling in the past?

The other rule I'd like to find some confirmation on is painting of a shell. I had an idea for a design which meant the windows were painted over, but was told that it was a ruling the windows had to be clear? Again, I can't find anything on this, and some out of the box designs like a Tamiya Dark Impact have opaque window coverings from memory.

Anyone in the know able to clarify please?
Back to it after 30 years as you know Yorkie and when starting to pull the kit together for my roller my local shop is PBM Racing, great set of guys there and i was told NO REVERSE, also, not yet in a position to set my ESC XERUN V3 up but it has and option for forward only which then i think means the back function acts only like a brake? As I said it not even working so this is just from reading the instructions
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 3 Days Ago
fidspeed's Avatar
fidspeed fidspeed is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,143
Default

I'm fairly sure your esc will have reverse function if enabled
But as others have advised and you appear to well informed learn to race again without it
Welcome back from someone who started in the early 90s Anand still drive like it
Regards Dave
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2 Days Ago
Spanky855 Spanky855 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
I'm fairly sure your esc will have reverse function if enabled
But as others have advised and you appear to well informed learn to race again without it
Welcome back from someone who started in the early 90s Anand still drive like it
Regards Dave
Yes sorry you are right, it does have a reverse, my thinking was that when the revere mode is disabled it then acts as a brake
There seems to be a lot of us around, starting back up wandering round racing shops and events heads spinning at how things have changed. The initial layout was and always will be quite expensive due to the kit required but its seems like the the motors, batteries and chargers, radio gear are very reasonable for good quality components in comparison to 30 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2 Days Ago
James's Avatar
James James is offline
RHR RACING
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Worksop/Blyth Tracks Nottinghamshire
Posts: 2,457
Send a message via MSN to James
Default

Reverse is legal for BRCA
Reverse is legal for EFRA
Reverse is illegal for IFMAR
__________________
~JAMES HELLIWELL~ROBIN HOOD RACEWAY~RHR DIRT~WORKSOP RACEWAY~BIRDS EYE VIEW~
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2 Days Ago
Spanky855 Spanky855 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Reverse is legal for BRCA
Reverse is legal for EFRA
Reverse is illegal for IFMAR
Thanks James

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 3 Hours Ago
mark christopher's Avatar
mark christopher mark christopher is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: haxey, doncaster
Posts: 7,529
Send a message via MSN to mark christopher
Default

It comes up nearly every year, many say it should be banned, but it won't be banned for next year either unless some on has submitted a proposal for this year's AGM, just saying will never get it sorted, proposal and AGM will....
__________________
Dremel - MBModels - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech.co.uk - MRT - RCDisco
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com