Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 20-05-2015

Cool New Cat imminent????

Reading a report over on a well known RC news site today and it looks like Schumacher will be using an all new car for the Worlds in Oct

Interview was with Michal Orlowski and he said that the new car will be designed for Astro use and that the K1 was designed for use on clay

All very interesting i thought
Old 20-05-2015
Mad Member

Given that it is well over 6 months since he k1 aero was released, I'm amazed there hasn't been another incarnation already!!!

I would expect to see a new car/modified car from most manufacturers for the worlds, specifically tuned for that surface, in order to give them the best chance of winning- after all, winning the worlds is a sure fire way to sell a new car or those "must-have" upgrades. Anybody remember how an RB6 would suddenly only run well with a geared diff?

😂
Old 20-05-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Given Ben has been running a motor forward k1 at nationals:

https://www.facebook.com/bjemison1/p...32?pnref=story

and to quote " I have gone back to the standard car. In my opinion, the standard car with an alloy chassis is better suited to our outdoor tracks in the UK. Hope this helps."

It's being worked on for sure...
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-05-2015

It'll be interesting what the come out with, two belt or three? I suspect the car will get the same rear suspension as the KF2.
Old 20-05-2015

Agreed

personally i am hoping for a completely new car as the saddle design of the K1 is a bit dated now and most of the newer cars can run various layouts they will most likely follow suit. Orlowski's car was running a prototype alloy chassis with motor forward and shorty pack.

my K1 needs replacing so heres hoping i like the new one when it undoubtedly arrives!
Old 21-05-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Yeah, same rear suspension mounting as the KF2, probably shorty lipo/saddle.
Old 21-05-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Well to say you can already buy the motor forward conversion from Schumacher that also allows stubbies that Orlowski was running . , yet ben has said he feel the.kit layoutis better.on our uk astro tracks and certainly was at bury
Old 21-05-2015

I don't think the forward motor is the way to go tbh, it would make the car too unbalanced for outdoors and/or regular club drivers. Maybe options in the kit to move the layout about like other buggies can.
For me it will interesting to see how the new Serpent will go on astro and carpet with normal club drivers as this has the motor spinning the opposite to the K1 and the same as what the SX3 was.