Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 02-09-2013

Default sv/sv2 interchangeable?

I just picked up a used sv2 and the std chassis is damaged, is it possible to use a +8mm sv chassis in its place? Any other parts that are necessary for the swap?
Old 02-09-2013
Mad Member

Should be fine. Only thing I can think of is that you would need a hinge pin for the rear top deck mount.
Old 02-09-2013

Default sv2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
I just picked up a used sv2 and the std chassis is damaged, is it possible to use a +8mm St chassis in its place? Any other parts that are necessary for the swap?
It's the same dimensions just in c/f.

Old 03-09-2013

Cheers!
Old 16-09-2013

Pretty much all of the holes are identical on the +8mm sv chassis compared to the standard sv2 alloy one One slight problem now though, the top deck is too short, was their a +8m top deck as well, the dirt spec one perhaps or do I need a standard sv topdeck?
Old 16-09-2013

I think you'll need the u4035 saddle rearward top deck for the sv2 as the sv+8 chassis does not allow the saddle forward cell layout.
There was a slim/soft top deck for the sv+8 chassis, but I don't think they stock it anymore.
I still run an sv with the +8 chassis so I'll see if I can check my sv against an sv2 at the weekend for you
Old 17-09-2013

I had a better look at it today, the sv2 top deck is the correct length and fit on the sv +8mm chassis but the battery post holes are in the wrong position. The sv +8mm chassis has the holes 10mm further rearward compared to the sv2 chassis. Re-drilling is out of the question as the the battery post holes line up over the cell location holes.

Could anyone with a standard SV please measure from the centre of the front pin and R clip of the top deck to the centre of the middle and rear battery posts.
Old 19-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
I had a better look at it today, the sv2 top deck is the correct length and fit on the sv +8mm chassis but the battery post holes are in the wrong position. The sv +8mm chassis has the holes 10mm further rearward compared to the sv2 chassis. Re-drilling is out of the question as the the battery post holes line up over the cell location holes.

Could anyone with a standard SV please measure from the centre of the front pin and R clip of the top deck to the centre of the middle and rear battery posts.
Looking at a few pics, I 'think' the old dirt spec SV top deck will fit the +8mm chassis. If anyone has one then could they check? I'm thinking of going that route myself...

Muzzoom Models Motorsport
Old 19-09-2013

The dirt spec top deck won't fit the 8mm chassis. The top deck for the 8mm chassis is a one slim straight carbon piece >----< Depends on what type battery (saddle, shorty or regular) you may need different battery mount.
Old 19-09-2013

I have a slim +8mm topdeck on the way up to me now thanks to a fellow oopler, it's a discontinued item so unless a model shop has one left in stock or you can find one to borrow and make a copy you might be out of luck.