Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 05-03-2010
Mad Member

Any news on spares or hopups? Or will other spring sets fit?
Old 05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
I may hand mine to my bro for the last worksop meeting.
He can be the stig for the day.
You'll have to kit him out in the whole Stig outfit as well!
Old 05-03-2010

Default Spares

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Any news on spares or hopups? Or will other spring sets fit?

SMD have a shelf full of the essentials, whishbones/hubs/shocktowers/gears etc not everything but give em a chance. Cheap as chips aswell. No spring's as yet but soon. Maybee the new schumacher ones might ??

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 05-03-2010

thats good praise for the car steve, i had almost made my mind up to have a go on account of for the price if it doesnt it dont matter much, be good to hear how you get on with more power strapped in, speaking to joe SMD he hopes it should hold up well even with a BL set up.
Old 05-03-2010

Default Platform

The 8.5 was not that slow but I think we are both going to use 6.5's this weekend. I just wanted to break it in gently !!! LOL I was talking to Jamie last night about it and Just said " If we had had starter cars like this when we started ???" I have seen loads and tried starter RTR's over the years. I can honestly say this is the best allround package so far. We are all puzzeeled how they are doing it for the price ???

Old 05-03-2010

Default Part Deux

Had a few hours fettling he Blast. Stripped the rear gearbox down as there was a little tight spot. When I took apart the diffs I was a little displeased that they are not washer sealed diffs. I dont think they will hold any diff oil so I just repacked with some special grease I have !!! I took the dremmel along all the grooves and edges to remove any flash, cleaned and re-assembled.
It felt better straight away. I did however put a small shim on the outdrive pinion shaft and the collar which attatches to the spur shaft just to space it out from the bearing and gearbox housing. Probably not needed but I like it perfect. I removed the shockers to do a refill and noticed that the whishbones would not drop. The roll bar was holding them up ??? Looks like a little work is required to get all the joints smooth. A Little vain I know and perhaps a few more packs and they would loosen up. I changed the front shock oil to 35wt and rear to 30. Put a O-ring in either end of the centershaft cups to keep the shaft from moving to much.

Then I installed the 6.5 Speed Passion I have spare. and took it for a beating...

Re adjusted the Slipper after I changed the Spur gear """ It is 0.6 module and not 48dp so dont make the same mistake as me!! LOL " " Then fitted an old kyosho 20 tooth. Luvely and smooth now. It now go's like charly sheen in a whisky factory ! or shit off a shovel ??? 10 mins of blasting around and its still in one peice. Jo J of SMD put his 6.5 X12 and 50C 5900 lipos and gave one 20 mins of hell and its still good to go. Dont think reliability will be an issue ??

Club run Saturady night and then hopefully Broxtowe indoor series on Sunday. Lets see what happens

And the best thing is !!! ITS MY RUDDY PAINT SCHEME !!!!!!! "

Old 05-03-2010
Mad Member

May pop along to Broxtowe on Sunday to have a look at it
Old 07-03-2010

Default Having A Blast

Well what can I say??? Did a shake down run on Saturday Night mainly carpet and a few small jumps. Everything felt OK. Big test was Sundays Broxtowe Supercross track !! Ill point out straight away that the Diffs are infact sealed diffs and can run oils. !!!! Some muppett aka me must have lost it when I built it DOH !!! Cant remember though. The front one I stripped and filled with 10,000 wt oil but as I had no spare washers I packed the rear full of grease for the meeting. With Oil in the car was much better...

I got quicker and quicker with the car just a few numpty laps stopped me from getting right up there.. Laptimes were only .25 .5 seconds a lap off helliwell and skelds etc and in first round I actually had fastest lap ?????? shame about the rest.

Suspension was good although different spring rates and some setup will help shave a few more 10ths off ! With the rear diff being very free it sometimes diffed out coming out of corners. possibly why I was a just a bit off.. When i get the rear diff sorted watch out. It excellarates like a 410 and brakes like one. A bit more tuning and it might handle like one.

After 4 rounds and never out of the top 10 in all 4 5th in round 1 and i think 6th in another gave me 6th on the grid.

It was a fast and furios final and everyone apart from helliwell who was on a different planet ?? was roughly the same pace. Highlight was catching Rob Fox and his xx4 and passing him and leaving him !! HE HE EH ROBO !!!!

Finnished 6th in the end only a few second behine 5th and 4th I think .

Will be running it at worksop in 2 weeks And ill post some build tips sometime this week if anyone is intrested.

Laters

The BLAST MAN NANA NMM MMA MAN !!!!!!!

PS Ran a 6.5 and nothing broke !!!! gears are all fine and bedded in ok.

Old 07-03-2010
Mad Member

Sure looks a bargain intro 4wd to me.Nice work Bondy
Old 07-03-2010
Mad Member

Sounding positive! Might end up getting one of these then!
Old 07-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

I will give mine a BLASTat kiddi next sunday see how it likes it there,for the money looks like lrp have got it right
Old 07-03-2010
Thieving scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrcb View Post
I will give mine a BLASTat kiddi next sunday see how it likes it there,for the money looks like lrp have got it right
will the diffs fit a zx5?
Old 07-03-2010

Default not sure

Not Sure . Being metal the diff pinion is bigger than the plastic Lazer ones and dont think they will fit in the lazer gearbox.

Old 07-03-2010
Mad Member

Bondy- come to bridgford on Saturday to race, I wanna see the car!
Old 07-03-2010

Default On Call

Would love to but ~unfortunatly Im on call this week and I have only got sunday off to do deerdale. ! My callout pays for my racing so ???

Old 08-03-2010

maybe tomorrow or wednesday mine should arrive too!!
i will run novak 8.5 velociti on mine!!

is good to see that it handles racing without many issues because i entend to race mine either!!

great review so far!!
Old 08-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Guys, was there yesterday too and have to say looks cracking value, plenty quick!
Old 08-03-2010

Just thought i would say HI first seeing as this is my first post on these forums

Will this be coming out in a non-rtr kit ? just seems a shame to rip all the radio gear out straight away.

Thinking of trying off road racing as got bored with the money race in touring cars, was looking for a good buggy without going silly on the price tag as my days off paying for the best chassis around are long gone.

My nearest club that does off road during the summer is hinckley so have a short while to get myself sorted out with a buggy.
Old 08-03-2010

as far as i no the blast is only coming as an rtr atm but its stil worth geting .iran mine out of the box yesterday the only thing i changed for the 1st heat at epr was the raido motor and speado to lrp spx brushless with a 7.5 lrp motor i even used the kit tyres for the 1st round ,car was good out of the box ,for the second round i changed sock oils and tyres and car went even beter for the 3rd round i put a camber gauge over it and did a little seting up again the car went beter so all in all a great car ith lots of potential just striping it down now after speaking to joe j to day ,ive allready ear marked a few bits im going the fiddle with lol {out comes the dremel and carbon sheet lol}not that there is any thing wrong with it as it is im just a tart and cant leave anything alone lol ,will be running the car wensday night a forcc with a 13.5 in it will let you guys no what its like when we get back
trakpower
Old 08-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well there is only RTR at the moment, but in LRP Catalogue for this year is also product number for non-RTR car so I belive we will see that one later this year.