Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 10-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default WRCA Indoors Winter Series Dates 2010/11

Please see the new topic at http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57129
Old 10-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just my 2 penneth worth, no mini pins sucks
Old 10-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well, we've some time before the first round to fine tune some things....
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
Just my 2 penneth worth, no mini pins sucks
don't worry dave... Reg and me will slow down for you, help you catch up
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

thanks Steve I need all the help I can get

Why impose a no mini pin rule for all ? Why not just no mini pins at cobra as has been the case there for some time now ?

I just dont understand the logic of banning a tyre for an entire series because you cant run it at one venue ?
Before we know it there will be scrutineering, tranny compound and control tyres
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Classes:
Tenth: 2wd, 4wd and Trucks/SC10's
Micros: 2wd & 4wd as per national classes (dependant on sufficient numbers ie: if only one or two 18th scale entries then they would run in with the 16th scale cars)
Why no Touring Cars??? It seems to me that organisers go out of their way to cater for minority classes eg. two 4wd trucks, three or four SC10, 18th, 16th etc. etc. but touring cars don't even feature on the list even though there are a regular 25 - 30 touring cars run at COBRA almost every indoor meet they hold.... Why the discrimination...!!!???

Quote:
Why impose a no mini pin rule for all ? Why not just no mini pins at cobra as has been the case there for some time now ?
Why on earth would you want to run mini pins when 2wd cars running foams at COBRA are absolutely planted... the cars look like they are on rails with them.

....and one set of foams will last virtually the whole season when a set of yellow mini pins will barely last a full day. They are easy to make (one doughnut will make one front and one rear), cheap and give the very best grip you will find.
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I reckon I would be quicker with my 2wd with minipins
Old 11-09-2010

Go watch them first!!!!
Old 11-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Why is it when someone tries to formulate a series so people have somewhere to race through the winter/summer, people moan first rather than congratulate? Dave, it isn't like you don't have yellow mini-spikes in your bag, do you? So rather than having to buy different tyres for different venues, you can all run the same, and for those running on a budget, it also allows them to buy the Fastrax tyres and be competitive.

Andy, you really can't run a series indoors and run it correctly when you got to have a flat track and an off-road track. There will be touring car through the winter at COBRA, so you are catered for
Old 11-09-2010

I agree on the mini pin thing. Why not just spikes at cobra? My reason for this would be that alot will have minipins ready or used from every other indoor series in the country.
Good work tho pete, an indoor welsh series would be good.
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Steve im not whinging about not being able to run pins a cobra, its been that way for ages but why ban them from other venues that already use them ? People will have pins knocking around their boxes too

Its great to have a series but I just didnt understand the rationale thats all, surely it would have just been easier to say no pins at cobra and an open choice at the other venues
Old 11-09-2010

Can I ask why only the 3 rounds (4 max with Hereford)
Just doesnt seem alot of events especially when what i would call winter indoor racing runs from beginning October to at least March.
6 months,maybe 6 events...one a month
Dont Saundersfoot have an indoor venue?
Losi 8ight 2.0 B e...in the making...Completed!!...sold
Caldicot Car Club
GNR Christmas bash winner 2009/2010 lol
Old 11-09-2010

Excellent news Pete! Last years round at Swansea was an awesome days racing
Point one is.. I'm with Dave on the tyre issue..Spikes only at cobra. Spikes give lower grip and the fast guys will easily wear out a set per run on a full carpet track!! I've seen it!!
Point two the only reason foams work at cobra is because at club days the track is set out for touring cars, fast sweeping, 100% carpet which is saturated in additive...Foams only work there..At caldi you have no chance(I know foams are not being used in this series but had to clear that up)

As i already said, well done guys for organising this, Cant wait
Old 11-09-2010

great looking forward to this, only 3 maybe 4 rounds. wheres talywain, saunderfoots and gnr. ok i relise they have not got a indoor venue, but they could nominate a indoor club to run thier round. all in all, if all the clubs run a round each it would be a bigger better indoor series. come on lets get it up to 6 or 7 rounds.
Old 11-09-2010

Sorry guys it's a no go for saundersfoot, why don't each of the clubs hold 2 rounds each

Ian
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Andy, you really can't run a series indoors and run it correctly when you got to have a flat track and an off-road track. There will be touring car through the winter at COBRA, so you are catered for
Not at regional level though.....
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

race off road then
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorris View Post
Not at regional level though.....
There ISN'T a regional level BRCA supported TC series ANYWHERE in the country, ffs.

If clubs put out a track that suits both off and on-road, then BOTH tracks are a compromise to each class and less 'fun'. As it is, it is only COBRA that really have a strong TC following.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
race off road then
....and that is supposed to be an intelligent answer...!!!???

WRCA as an umbrella association should be catering for all classes. One club has more touring cars running than the whole region can get together for a 2wd regional event... yet the class doesn't even get the option.

As to not being able to run flat tracks and jumps together... not true! It is quite easy to lay tracks that challenge and cater for both providing they are planned. SDMCC has at least 6 pre-planned track layouts that fit on a 300 sq metre floor plan that cater for both and provide simple bypasses for major obstacles, which allows for the use of table-tops, wall rides, big doubles/trebles and elevated corners for the off-roaders AND a full flat track for TCs.

There are numerous posts about the finite number of racers in the region and that because this number is currently quite low, directly opposed classes (nitro and electric) are working together with various compromises to at least get some racing out there for all, yet there seems to be little consideration or compromise out there for flat verses jump.

Compromises that are little more than a bit of planning and forethought in track design and the lifting and replacing of a few small pops throughout the day.
Old 11-09-2010

The WRCA REGION, is in fact a BRCA section which is there to formulate and collate results for the 1.10th OFF ROAD section of the BRCA, not TC, not 8th and not monkeys either. As it is, I think the WRCA does far more for trying to 'support' all racers. There is enough call this year for a regional winter series in off-road, in the past few years, the number of TC drivers willing to travel has declined to a point where NO regionals were held during the winter. TC numbers HAVE declined over the past 5 years.

You for one have complained that you have been alienated in your club as you want to run TC and have said on many occasions that there are only a few of you who now run them at Swansea.