Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 28-04-2011

Default Essential spare parts?

Hi folks

Looking to build-up some spares for a recently purchased SC10. Can anyone recommend some essential parts to keep in my box for when things go wrong?

Cheers.
Old 11-05-2011
oOple Journalist

Default sc10 spares

Grab some bearing carriers arms all round chassis top plate and steering linkage rod ends jump off the thread a lot when you tweak front end and servo saver jogs hard, I'd also carry back shock tower if your prone to coming down arse first.

Spare shock shafts are always good as 2wd are a nightmare for bending these on stiffer set ups, while your at it grab a spare diff assembly cuz if ure running beefy brushless these wear quickly even with uprated oil and loose seetings

Hope that helps

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 12-05-2011

Cheers, thanks for that. I've already had to replace one of the ball cups on the rear camber link following a heavy collision. If my current driving is anything to go by I'll be needing to get stocked up.
Old 12-05-2011

It would be worth looking at the RPM wishbones, ball cups and bumper, they are pretty much bullet proof.

Apart from that as already mentioned a diff or some internal diff gears.
Old 12-05-2011
oOple Journalist

Arrow rpm

Good call by pauld...rpm is tough..but we have snapped plenty rpm parts so not completely smash proof...the plastics are softer and therefore have more 'give', downside of this is items such as caster blocks bend out of shape over time. Although dropping them quickly into boiling water makes the bounce back believe it or not....kind of a reverse method to how we used to straighten bmx wheels back in the 80's in the freezer

Rpm is strong and would def help on a sc10 strength side, be catious how many structural elements you do change from stock though as it played havoc with geometry on 2WD slash...its all a fine balance at our scale really

Stock spares or rpm...if you drive it hard expect some breaks

Have fun

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 13-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've not managed to break mine yet

On the T4.1 (which the SC10 is based on) it's always useful to carry a spare set of wishbones and front shock shafts, but on the SC the wheels are pretty well protected by the shell and bumpers so I can't see them ever getting a big enough knock to snap anything.

Other than that I'd just say keep some diff internals like balls and plates as the big wheels are quite hard on the diff.
Old 13-05-2011

i've got the ft, the first ting that went was 1 ball cup after a half year, last week 1 bearing

the pins in the cva are now also almost gone 3/4 year old, replaced also the damper o rings last week.

i bought some extra arms and steering knuckles, maybe never going to need them, no slob yet, amazing

BZB: The shortest name in rc..

BZB "i just can't, i just can't, i just can't control my feet" 2012 tour!!:

BZB4Holland

BZB4Belgium