Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 02-08-2012

Default how will these change the car?

As above really, anyone tried these as a combination - if so, how did you find it?

If you havent tried it, just wondering what your views are on how it will change the cars behaviour?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-22-Al...item20c5c847e3

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...ProdId=TLR1075

ta
Old 02-08-2012
Mad Member

In my experiance the +1.5mm rear hexes give a little more forwards drive and make the car a touch smoother/more progressive on bumpy tracks. They can make the car push/understeer when on power on high grip tracks and I think in certain circumstances they are why the rear end collapses mid corner.

The trailing spindles are supposed to make the steering smoother, but I have never tried them

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
In my experiance the +1.5mm rear hexes give a little more forwards drive and make the car a touch smoother/more progressive on bumpy tracks. They can make the car push/understeer when on power on high grip tracks and I think in certain circumstances they are why the rear end collapses mid corner.

The trailing spindles are supposed to make the steering smoother, but I have never tried them

mmmm cheers for that. Think I might give them a go once cash allows. certainly the rear hexs, as if I have any mior complaints, its that it can be slightlyk skittish over major bumps
Old 02-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_TLR View Post
mmmm cheers for that. Think I might give them a go once cash allows. certainly the rear hexs, as if I have any mior complaints, its that it can be slightlyk skittish over major bumps
If you want to give them a go at club one day and see what you think. It only takes a minute to change them over. If it's skittish over the bumps I would generally change the pack in the shocks.
I have heard that a hex from a traxxas has the same offset but can't remember which one you need!! Maybe someone else will know.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 17-08-2012

The 4mm trailing axles make the car much smoother to drive but do take away some low speed steering. I personally like them alot, I just wish they wasn't made of aluminum.