Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Y.R.C.C - Yatton RC Car Club

Old 21-06-2013

If everyone still has a brushed speedos laying around and brushed stock motors then im all for that, even less expense!

For this to work fairly we need a rule on motors so it can be fun as Alan said we dont want to put people off, we want them to come back for more FUN.

Lipos are the only way to go, Nicads and Nimms are a pain & expensive.

From my days as Mr Parma, I have a few boxes of stock motors brand new and sealed if people need them. Happy to pass them on at cost. I think I even have some KO, Tekin and Novak brushed speeos BNIB if anyone needs one.
Old 21-06-2013
Mad Member

Well going from caldicots experience they run it open. They don't have problems and they don't get breakages any more than the next class.

Most people don't have brushed/nicds kicking about so it's just as well to run some brushless gear that you already have and is maintenance free like caldicot run. If you run a kit silver can motor with lipos youll just be burning them out each meeting

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 21-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

All rules aside there has been a lot of interest in this idea. I will put a couple of dates for a couple of race meetings to see how it goes.

As for rules. We can always run Separate heats with different class/rules. I have a CAT2000 my self which is not really old enough but if there are others of a similar age then we could run them together.

I am sure we can have some great FUN racing with what ever works out.

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 21-06-2013

[QUOTE=Danosborne6661;784003]Well going from caldicots experience they run it open. They don't have problems and they don't get breakages any more than the next class.

Caldicot is a lot more open than Yatton and dosent have the vision issues Yatton has due to the mezzanine floor pillars.
Old 21-06-2013

As an alternative to limiting electrics that peeps can run, how about running a vintage type spec tyre like this old style Schumacher 4 row spike -

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Produc...rts/U6596.html

Its available in a yellow compound so should be ok for grip, but only has 4 rows so would be pretty limiting in terms of power that could be used ... other clubs have run this with great success in vintage class
Old 22-06-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Nelson

I think it's a great idea but everyone has to have the same motor to make it more interesting .It's not all about speed its having a good time with some mates what they do elsewhere is up to them.
Old 22-06-2013

sounds awsome altho id love to see the carnage of a full heat of lunchboxes
Old 22-06-2013

Personally a tyre & motor spec would be a real leveller but capping the motor is the only real way to keep everyone at a similar controllable speed.

The tyres spec on its own would only go to make cars running fast motors even more uncontrollable with the possibility of causing more breakages. Andy Nelson has it spot on
Old 22-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp16v View Post
sounds awsome altho id love to see the carnage of a full heat of lunchboxes
RP get enough people to run Lunchboxes & I'm sure Rob will run a heat of them but the idea of reducing speed is to stop the carnage
Old 22-06-2013

if u like queens i supose but cars are ment to be used, with ppl running almost the same speed your going to get more bunching on the track = more carnage anyway
Old 22-06-2013

RP, you seem to have misunderstood the idea behind this thread.

The idea is to gauge the interest in a regular Vintage race night and to establish by general consensus at set of rules so the racing is close, challenging and fun.

The point about reducing speeds is one, vintage gear boxes go into melt down with modern fast brushless motors as many do not have slippers as on modern RC cars and secondly, so that over fast out of control cars dont finish up trashing other peoples expensive classic RC cars which spares are not either cheap or easy to obtain.

Racing is not for shelf queens, I agree.
Old 22-06-2013

This is what i think

Motor
27t brushed any make
21t brushless motor no boost our timing

Batteries
Nims 7.2v
lipo 7.4v

Speedo
Any open

Servo
Any open

Cars 1993 and older
2wd
4wd

This should make for some close and fun racing
Old 22-06-2013

Why doesn't this country have a fixed winding for a standard class in brushless. Whenever the subject is bought up, all the talk is about should we run 13.5t, 17.5t or 21.5t motor and everyone has different opinions.

Back in the day a standard motor was a 27t and basically all standard classes ran 27t motors, OK there was 35t at one time that ran in 1/12 a very long time ago. But what I'm trying to say is, if a certain wind was accepted as the standard motor in this country, just like the old 27t once was, then things would be a lot easier.

In the US and Europe 17.5t seems to be the expected standard and they have had very successful racing off the back of it, perhaps this country needs to start following suit. If there two quick then putting them in blinky or removing the sensor lead is easy to regulate.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant at you guys, its not at all and just my opinion on the rules for this country. Just need to see a motor set as standard class and anything less is a modified, just like the old days
Associated RC10's, RC10T, B2 & T2
Kyosho Ultima XL
Losi JRX2, JRX Pro & Pro SE
Yokomo YZ10 94

The Veterans Inner Circle. Sponsored with Pot Noodle and Tunnocks.
Old 23-06-2013

JMMN, you are right, its a contentious issue that always raises its head when standard class is discussed. Back in the day the BRCA and Radio Race Car series all ran a standard class so the manufacturers made standard 27T motors. Since brushless has come in standard class has not been run by the BRCA so there is no conformity.
Old 23-06-2013

I'm with Jon Cryer, those look like a common sense set of rules to me and easy to follow without any great expence.
Old 23-06-2013

And as rob has sed if people won't to run faster motor there will be a outloaw class for them every body happy
Old 23-06-2013

ok i've taken the plunge and bought a Procat

any chance of dates and confirmation of rules, maybe as there are varying opinions we could just make it a run what you've got sort of thing and see how it works out
Old 23-06-2013

half way thru building a mad max style roll cage for my buggy with a stupidly big motor running 3s aiming straight for the tamiya!!! as always

think its good trying a vintage night and some "lose rules" to help aim it in the right direction will help keep it interesting
Old 23-06-2013

Haha Mart,

That thing sounds like it more suited for the bmx track
You need to take up drag racing :.....5s on 2.5t motor.....that might be fast enough for you.....or not

The club is in the word Vintage......you have enough other cars.....get yourself something over 20 year old, check this list at the beginning of the thread & join in the fun
Old 23-06-2013

Lol Martin has plenty of classics cars rc10/traxxas trx1 and so on he can't stop vying them now he has met me lol