Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk > Aero Racing

Old 25-04-2007

Default Aero Racing statement

To everyone who is interested,

This is a one time reaction on the multiple posts that have been spread today about the Aero Company. We were very surprised to see these kinds of accusations on the internet. As you all know the internet is a fantastic medium but it can also be abused in an awful way, this last thing is what happened today. As you probably saw there were accusations about stealing a car and abusing someone’s name as a designer. In the normal world it’s appropriate that you first find some prove and then accuse someone of something, but when you do this in a decent and civilized way you do this in front of a court, and not via the internet (were everybody can post what he/she wants).

We leave some questions open so that the people themselves can think about these:

This is a brand new company, it takes a lot of guts and a lot of thinking and studying to get something started in the real world (especially the r/c world). It also costs a lot of money! Would someone take the risk of losing all their invested money and their honour by stealing something and start a business on this basis?

This project is supported by a University; do you think a University approves a project in 5 minutes? Without checking how businesses and contracts are arranged? Don’t you think with this kind of project you have to persuade a jury to get their support?

If you where in the shoes of the designer and (suppose) you saw your car that was being built by someone else (suppose: without an agreement) and winning a big race, would you wait 2 weeks until the pre-order list (with a lot of orders!) is online to react and claim it has been stolen?

We find this a very sad business that all the websites are making this public without checking out the information (which is very heavy accusations and trying to destroy a young and ambitious company).

We try to handle business in a way of decency and moral ethics. Accusations, lies and jealousy are not part of that; this kind of proper business seems to be odd to some. We also want to say that websites and reporters are due to have a moral code which involves a check and double check of their sources before making any news public, we hope every reporter has done this. Spreading news that isn’t true is also illegal. We hope everyone who spread the rumour will have the decency to put this letter online.

We know who put this onto the net and we wish them a lot of luck in the future. We can only say that this is not our way of doing business and we won’t participate in that low level of business. If someone is thinking they are in their rights they can always go to court, we on the other hand try to answer on the race track and building proper cars for serious racers.

Best regards,

Aero racing
Old 25-04-2007

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed
Question

But you really didn't answer anything with your statement. More than anything else, a lot of hot air, really.

You're using the Durango name as well as Gerd Strenge's name as a means to promote your car. He is very adamantly saying that he has nothing to do with your company and is concerned that your car is almost identical to his design.

So you claim that you have bought the rights to the Durango. Is that true or not? Have you purchased the rights from the owner of them?
Old 25-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
But you really didn't answer anything with your statement. More than anything else, a lot of hot air, really.

You're using the Durango name as well as Gerd Strenge's name as a means to promote your car. He is very adamantly saying that he has nothing to do with your company and is concerned that your car is almost identical to his design.

So you claim that you have bought the rights to the Durango. Is that true or not? Have you purchased the rights from the owner of them?
I think you'll find they are pointing out that the whole story is b*llox… someone chucking mud around hoping some might stick!

Time to wish them all the best with the new venture I feel, looking forward to getting my hands on one of these cars.

Old 25-04-2007

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Maybe, but they didn't discount or deny any of the allegations, either. They just answered a lot of questions with MORE questions.

In my world, that's called double-talk. We 'mericans are really good at it.
Old 25-04-2007
LeeOtard

i think its best to leave it two the companies and people involved rather than to speculate....

none of us know the whole story, only the people involved....

so i think its wrong to sway opinions at this time
Old 25-04-2007
Lee-Mag

Totally agree Lee, its not really for us to be discussing on a public forum for the world to see, we do not know the facts.

Personally i think the threads should be locked until aero or mr durango clear this up officially.
Old 25-04-2007
LeeOtard

i wont lock the thread. people can still speak there mind. thts wat these are for....but maybe just add some consideration....

things are not always as they seem........................
Old 25-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Agreed, although i find it easier to blame Bathy....
Old 25-04-2007
Lee-Mag

Furry Muff Mate

People love to knock something thats good i suppose its just the way things are nowadays.

Im sure it will all work out in the end.
Old 25-04-2007
Administrator

Pidge has the right idea, I don't want to see it locked since the original press release wasn't even on this forum - it WILL get talked about elsewhere if its not on here, so theres not much point.

Sensible input and discussion is what's needed though - not flying off the handle (from either perspective).

I think maybe there are more public statements to come - but if not we can at least discuss the things that have been stated. And unless either party asked for this discussion to stop it should really carry on. Locking a thread which could be considered unbalanced (in either direction) is not fair either.

So, let's cool it down a little since I think most people don't know the true facts behind anything that has been said - but I am sure it will all come out in due course.

Old 25-04-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think clarity of the statement on the Aero website might go a long way to explaining things.
Old 25-04-2007

Send a message via MSN to Garry

What statement? All there is at the moment is a mini race report:

Quote:
First race gave a Tq and a first win at a UK National for Lee martin.
Congratulations to Lee!!

Lee's reaction :
"I've had my Aero for about a week now and all I can say is wow! Each time it hits the track it allows me to go faster in different sections of the track than ever before, from the first time I had driven the Aero too now it keeps excelling itself, getting faster all the time. I have to thank the car and the Aero team for being fast enough to give me my first national win at its first meeting! and with constant development i can only see it getting faster!"

If you got questions or something goes wrong with the pre-ordering just give us an e-mail and we try to sort it out as soon as possible.

Aeroracing is founded by two ambitious and experienced racers providing the
ultimate racing car that many people have been looking for. The model has
been named ‘A one’, Lee Martin will race this unique car for the first time
at the first UK National based at the Tiverton track in Devon. We want to
wish Lee a warm welcome to the team and good luck for this racing season!

BK Racing-products
Belgium
E-mail info@aeroracing.eu
Not what was originally put up BTW.
Old 25-04-2007

Cool statement

[QUOTE=Garry;35593]What statement? All there is at the moment is a mini race report

Could it be this??
http://www.redrc.net/2007/04/gerd-st...ial-statement/

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 25-04-2007

Thumbs up

I don't have a dog in this fight either way, but it's really interesting to see people post support for one side or another with very little information to base an intelligent opinion on the conflict. As was stated before, there is little factual information out there—certainly not enough for any of us to say who is right or wrong in this deal. HOWEVER, we can fill in the gaps and form opinions on this, right or wrong.

It is already a very public dispute developing, and not something stirred up by us chatty gossipers on an internet forum.

What we do know is:

1) that Durango (Gerd Strenge) designed and developed a car that has had great success, and is not sold to the public.

2) He has since sold the design and development to a larger company who intends to put it into mass production (apparently).

3) Aero racing has released a car almost identical to the Durango in most visible facets, with a few changes, while marketing their new design with the comments that they bought the "car" from Durango and Gerd Strenge, with the intent of mass production.

4) Gerd has aggressively denied selling the design to Aero Racing, and is angry at the fact that they are selling and promoting their car using his and his company's name. There seems to be more than one source for this information.

5) Aero has made a public statement to address the issue, and completely sidestepped any direct comment about the car, Gerd Strenge, their marketing, the use of the Durango designs or anything else associated with the allegations—only blaming the internet for the turmoil thrust upon them.

Frankly, there are two courts that we all deal with. One is the court of law, where this issue will undoubtedly be decided. The second has no parameters, barriers or rules, and that is the court of public opinion. You don't have to be guilty or innocent to be judged by your peers. We can all see the story unfold in front of us and figure out the travels from point A to point B.

Old 25-04-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Tiverton National Interviews.
Aero Racing: Bob, Kim, Danny, Cindy, Siri.

What is the relation of this car to the Durango, and why isn’t the original name used?
We bought the stuff off Gerd Strenge in January this year, although we have been developing the product for a year now. The name Durango cannot be used due to Chrylser registering this name for one of their products.
that is from Jimmy's interveiw, which actualy, when read, does not imply he bought the Durango rights, just that he bought a Durango off Gerd Strenge.

but then on another post Aero Racing states
Quote:
We talked about the idea with Gerd and if he was interested selling the designs, he agreed. That's how it all started...
which implies that Gerd sold the design.

To be honest, I don't know what to beleive IS the truth, just Aero Racing need to say one story and keep to it, then we can beleive something.
Old 25-04-2007
LeeOtard

i dnt see have they have said more than one???

remeber thses are not english people so looking for perfect wording is not advised.
Old 25-04-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

there is one thing. on this forum you are adament that the car is not a durango and is completely different and developed yet on your website it said it is a durango but with a different name quoted.... "Actually nothing will change except the name. SAME CAR - DIFFERENT NAME" [that was before the text was changed] also you said you werent aloud to call it a durango because of the jeep car [also suggesting it is the same car just different name]. you say... "First of all it's not a dublicate! The concept idea is the same but the car will be in graphite with alu parts . Secondly we've made a lot of changes to the car, the steering is different, major changes to the geometrie (front and rear) etc..." even after saying it is the same car. its all very confusing.
then you also say, to add to the arguement about buying rights or not buying rights, "But we don't need to defend anything I guess, we bought the rights on the car and used the concept, quite simple
We talked about the idea with Gerd and if he was interested selling the designs, he agreed. That's how it all started..."

i also just noticed gerd's name is on the pre-order list [but im guessing someone is putting them on to start specualtion]

im really confused, and just so you all know, i am not taking sides im just putting forward ideas and what has been said to summarise abit

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 25-04-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

Heres what I think has happended.

Aero Racing have show Gerd up. I mean, is he into business or what? If he sold the durnago cars, he would be loaded, instead, I belive you can order them for £1000, with a waiting list bigger than a chevrolet's bonnet.

Now AERO come along, do very well, sell 53 cars quickly, make lots of money, and he is trying to slur them.

Thats bad business. If he had done it himself, he could be loaded. AERO beat him to it, and so he has failed.

Go for it AERO, if you did buy the rights, keep going, as something like a corrupt 'businessman' should'nt stop you, I know I will be buying a AERO-ONe as soon as I get rid of my crappy MKI4

However, if Gerd isnt corrupt, and you stole his design, (and my AERO name, I had it owned like years go on this very forum) then I would be scared, very scared, and wait till you get 53 angry 'almost' customers

And this is a very valid point 'He is also very proud that a major company in the RC industry has agreed to take the car into its programme and products'

also, can you explain this maths to me?

"We bought the stuff off Gerd Strenge in January this year, although we have been developing the product for a year now."

We want the TRUTH
Old 25-04-2007
LeeOtard

well im sure some truth will come very soon.........

i dont kno, its nothing to do with me...all im trying ot do is to stop people jumping at specualtions.....

what if someone got offered a better price once they had sold the company and then decided to resell and deny all knowldge of selling up???

there are so many things you can make up.....but who knows the truth, not us thats for sure!
Old 25-04-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
there are so many things you can make up.....but who knows the truth, not us thats for sure!
If you ask me that is Truly unprofessional, arent you like their main driver?