Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think we could do this at Batley indoors with the big wide carpets we have for the straight and the upper floor viewing deck thingy would have plenty of room for everyone to drive from
We could have a third of the track area for the main straight, motocross style starts with 20 cars per heat (can the AMB tell the difference between different colour transponders of the same number?)
Old 27-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
(can the AMB tell the difference between different colour transponders of the same number?)
I was thinking about this myself, I think they are different, also you can include any drivers who own PT's, however I wonder if the computer system could cope with 20+ cars?

It was only an idea for some 'fun', a one-off thing and you'd have to expect the worst for your car, if you didn't want to break your car then I would say don't take part.

Also I'm sure this idea would break all the current health and safety rules so maybe it could only ever happen at a private track... I kinda think it may never happen, but it would be a laugh if it did. Maybe if it was to raise money for a charity (or oOple?) then it could be considered?
Old 27-07-2007
Mad Member

Following on from a thread on "Racechat", how about running a "SuperMoto" style event? Buggy's on a TC circuit - mass starts, slick/worn buggy tyres, minimum ride height of say 20mm, no TC tyres or "treaded" tyres.

Cars would undoubtedly be stupid fast, but would also be going sideways a hell of a lot........

As for the computer coping - the Banger club I linked to above seems to have no problems. It gets easier the more people that run PT's, but I've raced in 30 car races and that's in a confined oval!!
Old 27-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I would love to run my cars on a TC track with Proline tires and 4.5 sintered
Old 27-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net View Post
I would love to run my cars on a TC track with Proline tires and 4.5 sintered
Think you could also throw in some big jumps (wooden) or maybe depending on the TC track have a run off on to the Grass section with some rough stuff to keep it interesting? (Just like proper super moto)!
Old 27-07-2007
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

what about one car, one tranny two drivers, one for the throttle other has to steer,we ran tis at chorley one xmas it was ace
Old 27-07-2007
Mad Member

which did you control carl, How many times did matty shout at ya
Old 28-07-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayo View Post
...No, it must be the car with the most laps...
Valid point. When a pre-determined number of cars are left running, the race is over and most laps wins... Also there must be some sort of rules set-up to determine what type of damage you can continue with... ie is a snapped wishbone considered terminal enough damage to put you out of the race if the car is still mobile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
can the AMB tell the difference between different colour transponders of the same number?
I don't know too much about the transponder set-up, but the computer does know the difference in colours, so in theory you should be able to run 10 red and 10 black. I have also seen green somewhere so wonder if they could go on too...
Rich, Batley would be perfect for this type of race
Old 28-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There are 4 colours to the transponders. Yellow, red, Green and Black. Plus those of us with PT's... wow, thats a lot!! Can the software handle it? It may be able to handle it as a timed unlimited practice session, I guess too many boundaries set for it to be created as a race.
Old 28-07-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Yea but it doesnt matter with which colour you have transponder the numbers are still the same. A red 1 and green 1 are the same so they will both count as car one.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 28-07-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Yea but it doesnt matter with which colour you have transponder the numbers are still the same. A red 1 and green 1 are the same so they will both count as car one.

A
That's true Ash, but only because that's the way it's set-up to run as there is never two No1 cars in the same race, but as it is able to tell the difference in coulurs it should be able to assign the two No1's to two people. I could be entirely wrong though
Old 28-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No Col, you are dead right. You can assign #1 to be #10! The handouts are still basically coded transponders like PT's but self powered. Its just the software is setup to recognise the number assigned to it.
Old 28-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What Ash said is right, if we were to use an AMB20 loop, those old black PT's are basically numbers 1 to 10.

The new AMBrc equipment is what the red cased transponders are, and what are tagged in the four colours.
Old 28-07-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Oh didnt know that i thought one wa sone and two was etc

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 29-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
Think you could also throw in some big jumps (wooden) or maybe depending on the TC track have a run off on to the Grass section with some rough stuff to keep it interesting? (Just like proper super moto)!
like the idea,why not adapt touring car shells for the buggy's.for that proper rallycross look
Old 29-07-2007
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

how about there been two number 1s like mr cragg whos great and my dad whos crap as a team and the team with the most laps win
Old 30-07-2007

sounds like a daft idea to me