Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-12-2011

MB models are advertised as being open today (27th)
Old 27-12-2011

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

Mb models are open in Leeds

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88729

Je Spares are open tomorrow

http://www.jespares.com/

both real good shops with great staf
Old 27-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you are impatient ironically its best to wait till tomorrow. JE Spares are local enough you can drive there, pick up the car and have it home well before somewhere you mail order from today.
Furthermore they have the B44.1, Lazer FS2 and Durango 410R (admittedly not the new version) in stock - so in 24 hours time you could be building one of them!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 27-12-2011
Mad Member

Default 10-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaiboxer View Post
Does any one of any good model shops open today the 27th
http://www.actionmodelcentre.com/
Old 27-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaiboxer View Post
seems very mixed opinion wise !! has the b44 been around a while and is something about to replace it this year ??
The b44 has been out a long time they brought out a b44.1 nt to long ago
i had the standard b44 i did nt lik the car struggled with steering and basic handling it was sort of stable but nt fast i then saw a durango and bought it and boom i loved it straight out of the box i got the first r version as it was only £190 but u need the front metal hanger but the v3 isnt very dear and a really good car wud strongly reconmend it!!!
Old 27-12-2011
Mad Member

Um, also just come back to 1/10th buggies after a 22 (ish) year break, and to be quite honest, there aren't any *bad* buggies, just cheap ones and expensive ones...... Anything mentioned up there will do it, B44.1, DEX410, FS2, SX3 and so on.

Biggest thing to get your head round will be brushless and LiPo. The basic, cheap, unsensored brushless motor in my RTR 2wd buggy makes the old modified motors look a bit silly. No maintenance, no running in, no "faffing" to get the brushes/comm sorted, it just goes. And it was a bit of an eye opener to say the least!

The 6.5T in the 4wd (Fusion Exceed/DEX410R for what its worth) sends the buggy off like a missile, i've had to turn everything down to keep it controllable indoors. Outdoors is another matter altogether. Get the gearing wrong (or right) and it'll hit speeds that (back in the day) required playing with matched batteries, motors that could only be used for a few runs before a rebuild, smoking speed controllers and so on. Now its just pretty much plug and play.

Decide your budget, see what cars run at your local club (for spares, set up) and go for it. (5.5T will be mental!)
Old 27-12-2011

B44.1/LRP or Nosram esc&motor (6.5-8.5)/Orion 90c/Ko Propo servo&radio can't go wrong! This is what I'm using
Old 28-12-2011

what you want is a tamiya frog daz rubbings racing
Old 29-12-2011

Plus 1 for Schumacher
Back up is second to none. We run both cougar and cat sx3 without any problems this year, although we’ve only had the cat for 3 month’s it’s been super reliable. We use to run AE but the quality went down hill a couple of years ago.
Old 29-12-2011
Mad Member

Default lol yes

I started back in the day with a subaru brat and "upgraded" it to a frog....... lol....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidrubberwill View Post
what you want is a tamiya frog daz rubbings racing
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 29-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
sx3 has to be one of the best out there at the minuet, very strong fast and reliable, and the parts back up is second to none
I have to agree with the parts backup but cannot give you an opinion concerning the sx3 as I don't own one. However, I have just bought the sx2 and my experience of the Schumacher Support is fantastic. I broke some parts when assembling the car and they explained where I went wrong and sent me some new parts free of charge! Very clued up helpful guys, just like BigRed here...

Kelvin
Old 30-12-2011

I don't know if you're still deciding, but I wanted to throw in my 2p about the Schuey kit.

Quality of parts and manufacturing oozes from every pore, however, the design is mostly stupid, bordering on the ridiculous. Look at the diffs for example - antiquated, inefficient design.

Reliability is a little patchy too. However, when the diffs aren't trying to rebuild themselves, and the shocks can hold together, and the layshaft is not giving you woes, it's awesome. As Jeremy Clarkson said about Alfa's "it's as best as a car can be. Briefly".

Keep an eye on it, and it'll serve you well. Just don't break anything, it's flippin expensive!
Old 30-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentikka25 View Post
I don't know if you're still deciding, but I wanted to throw in my 2p about the Schuey kit.

Quality of parts and manufacturing oozes from every pore, however, the design is mostly stupid, bordering on the ridiculous. Look at the diffs for example - antiquated, inefficient design.

Reliability is a little patchy too. However, when the diffs aren't trying to rebuild themselves, and the shocks can hold together, and the layshaft is not giving you woes, it's awesome. As Jeremy Clarkson said about Alfa's "it's as best as a car can be. Briefly".

Keep an eye on it, and it'll serve you well. Just don't break anything, it's flippin expensive!
what he said

My sx2 gave me some of my best results at the time, but it's reliability was shocking. Diffs, belts and layshafts frequently lunched themselves. I was sick of diffs undoing themselves and having to buy more parts and tools (those pliers to get the clip out) to fix that issue. Belts didn't last all that long and aren't cheap at all. I don't mind wearing things out from using them, but these things were costing me races.

The shocks didn't' give me any problems and worked really well. The car was great when it was running. Parts were very easy and quick to get hold off, but a little more pricey than other cars equivalent items.
Old 30-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think there is a simple answer to the "best car" question ... get to the club you plan on racing at and see who runs what, look over the cars and most folks will let you have a go with theirs. From that pick the car based on the following (in this order)

1)Which felt the most natural for you to drive
2)Has the most 'quick' guys at the club running it (so you can get help and advice)
3)Seems the most reliable and user friendly after talking to people at your chosen track.
4)You like the look of.
5)You can get at a good price.

Just make sure that you try a Kyosho before going for anything else
Old 30-12-2011
Mad Member

Kyosho=1/8th
Durango=1/10th
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 30-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had a cougar,it gave me the best results iv had so far with any car,but it let me down to much,some due to me crashing,and some for no reason,i was always spending money on it to keep it race worthy,i know this isnt the same for everone,i now have a Kyosho VEGA,im really looking forward to getting back outdoor,the few times i raced it outdoor before coming indoors for the winter were very good,because not many average joe`s run them it can be a little hard to get a setup nailed,iv just manged to do that,if my driving didnt let me down i would be in a better final as the car is more than capable,the car is very strong and reliable,so much so im going to be running a second class as i dont have to spend money on it

BEST CAR.........KYOSHO VEGA

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486