Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2 View Post
they leave sand allover the hall floor.
Simply empty the required amount into a good strong plastic bag and replace into the webbing sack
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 04-03-2013

Hi guyz
I've been thinking about the smaller table top idea and i've brought a few banana boxes home from work with me and a bigger box to flatten out to use as the ramp up and down it. I'll give it a try n see how it works at home and bring them to the nxt meeting to try out. If people don't think they're any good it won't have cost us anything after all. Storage wouldn't be a prob coz i could just bring the boxes on a friday when needed then take them bk to work the day after.

Craig
Old 06-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Hi guyz
I've been thinking about the smaller table top idea and i've brought a few banana boxes home from work with me and a bigger box to flatten out to use as the ramp up and down it. I'll give it a try n see how it works at home and bring them to the nxt meeting to try out. If people don't think they're any good it won't have cost us anything after all. Storage wouldn't be a prob coz i could just bring the boxes on a friday when needed then take them bk to work the day after.

Craig
Great idea

If their cardboard I think they wont last the night though to be honest.
Old 06-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
Great idea

If their cardboard I think they wont last the night though to be honest.
Definatly not danny the way you use the jumps
Old 06-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2 View Post
Definatly not danny the way you use the jumps
Its all about the air time I can deal with breakages if i can fly for longer.
Old 07-03-2013

Yeh i know wot u mean guys the card might not be strong enough, I had a quick look on B&Q's website n they sell sheets of 3mm hardboard for around £5 which would be better. I'll try get down there in the nxt few days to see wot they have size wise and then go to Keighley timber n see if they sell sheets as they would prob be cheaper. That is unless any1 has any spare sheets of hardboard lying around that we could use.

Craig
Old 07-03-2013
Mad Member

Are you thinking of making some and transporting them to and from home each week then? Hats off to you if you can, that would be ace
Old 07-03-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to trevpotter

I know what those little domes are called. There called a pain in the xxxx!!!!
Old 08-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't think hardboard will but up to the abuse to be honest. Not without some supporting jigsaw cut ramp formers under the board.
Thin ply will be best, but cost a little more. Ian Bellwood was investigating.
I've also got a Selco account, so can go check some prices.

I think Nori has enquired about using the outdoor shed to store some ramps/track. Once we get confirmation of this, we can safely build some new ramps.

In the short term, though banana boxes are pretty tough card, so would certainly do a meeting.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-03-2013

I've got some suitable material I think. I'll get Peter on with making something over the weekend.

Say 4ft wide, 6" high, smooth up and down, 2 ft long ish sort of thing? Obviously carefully engineered to be perfect for a B3, not so good for anything made in the last 10 years?

Bri
Old 09-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

sounds good.

Have a look at the track in practice at the latest EOS race this weekend. Some interesting obstacles there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IjbaXADz2c

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricol View Post
Say 4ft wide, 6" high, smooth up and down, 2 ft long ish sort of thing? Obviously carefully engineered to be perfect for a B3, not so good for anything made in the last 10 years?

Bri
Might be best in 2x 2ft sections that can be pushed together and taped down? just for carrying, handling and storage, etc.
Old 09-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricol View Post
I've got some suitable material I think. I'll get Peter on with making something over the weekend.

Bri
Go for more like 12" high+ I reckon. With a downramp to land on. Maybe even a triple so some can clear it in 1 if they hit it right?
Old 10-03-2013

That sounds good, I like the idea of catchin some air
Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

Any more ramps/obstacles been in the making this week?
Old 25-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
Any more ramps/obstacles been in the making this week?
I have'nt i have been busy practiceing my dance moves (Robot truffle shuffle)

Ps i do hope no one else was thinking of useing this move
Old 26-03-2013

I haven't had chance to make anything yet due to the snow. I'm of work this week so hopefully I'll get a chance to look at something
Craig
Old 12-04-2013

Default RE TRACK CHANGEING MOST WEEKS

is this the norm?

I have only been to a few places but dont see this happening anywhere else.
(i know its a fun club we go to, But! when only a few people want to change mid racing its not fair for the remaining "fun racers")

Could we have a system set in place were as james says he is happy with the track and practice could start then if there is a problem in practice: changes are made prior to race heats so that when heats have started the track stays as is for the finals.

Not trying to start a bickering thread here, just think it would be easy to resolve the issue altogether we have a small venue and thus the track can never be perfect.
Old 12-04-2013

Yes, that's how it should happen, we race when everyone is happy...

But if people feel strongly about a part of the track that they simply cant live with I believe its best to change it rather than they miss out. I'll race on anything, racing is racing whether it be an oval or a fancy assault course of a track, but some people can be quite fussy. That's fine though, different people like different things.

At the last meeting a couple of people were ready to not bother racing because they couldn't get on with the table top. Admittedly it wasn't the best, but we learn from our mistakes and if we don't try different things we will never know. They didn't ask to take the table top out, it was me that said if you feel that strongly about it then take it away....

Now, I belive the issue with it was that people were trying to take it too quickly. At the start of the meeting I put in two savage jumps leading up to that section that needed to be taken slowly or the car would flip up. This was there to slow the cars down on the approach to the table top.... Someone removed these and the next thing was we had was people flying up the ramp and bashing into the wall, then getting stuck.

I'm not the master track builder I'm just trying to get the job done so we can get racing. I welcome input from as many people as possible. We have tried lots of different stuff in the past so I have a fairly good idea of stuff that works and stuff that dosent. I'd love to see table tops, cross overs, flaming hoops and bare breasted cheerleaders on every section of the track , but we have to work with the space we have.

I think tonight we should try and keep it simple, just the smaller jumps, carpet and shiny floor, one straight and a few twiddly bits

Maybe we could use this thread to come up with ideas for the next meetings...

I'm looking froward to racing tonight, we only have 25 people, so we should get plenty of heats in.
Old 12-04-2013
Mad Member

Tracks are always quality mate, Its not as easy at it looks coming up with them on the spot. I tried and failed

Your never gonna keep everybody happy all the time, but I think it was the nice thing to do. Nobody had any practice for the new section for the final, so it kept it fair and everybody got to race.

I do however like the real difficult, technical sections

I think if it was closer to the rostrum there wouldnt have been an issue, it was just a bit hard to judge with it being close to eye level (my eye level ) and far away.