Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 05-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to JamieMcC Send a message via Skype™ to JamieMcC
Default Help with Buying a new Motor and ESC

I have an Associated B4.1 Which i race on astroturf and I was wondering what sort of type of Motor and ESC I would need
My current Motor and ESC are the ones that come with the Ready To run b4.1 so I was thinking about upgrading.
I would want the motor to be a 10.5T but i dont know what make of Motor to get and I dont know what Speed controller to get either so I hope you can help me.
Thanks,
Jamie
Old 05-01-2012
Mad Member

Hi Jamie, budget is pretty crucial really, All of the top end stuff is very good these days but so is some of the lower end stuff. Also take into account cost of programming cards etc if required.
I am using Speed Passion at the moment which I like alot but the Hobbywing stuff does the same thing for less money. I really like the ease of use when it comes to setting them up.
Don't rule out second hand stuff either if its coming from a well known and reliable source.
What are the other guys at your club running? (craigavon?) You will always be able to get help if you run something that is popular where you race.
Old 05-01-2012
Mad Member

Hi Jamie,

I would speak to Mark Penney or Alan Bickerstaff as they both run the Associated car, as does Sam Scott. Tell them how much you have to spend and they might be able to help you out.
Old 09-01-2012

Default Programming cards

Programming cards is an excellent point to note. I was thinking of an LRP SXX with an LRP X12 motor. for around £240. However I although thought about the Orion R10 Pro and motor too. However the programming card for that is £60 on top so then its basically £300. Quite a difference even if it does make things so simple and clear.
Old 10-01-2012

Alan is one of the best guys to talk to sooo helpful and such a nice guy, electrics wise i would get a hobbywing without doubt for the money nothing touches it and ive not found anything faster woteva the budget. Motor the reedy GM Novak LRP are all motors that you wont go wrong with
Old 10-01-2012

get hw v2.1 120amp with thunder power 6.5 or 10.5
Roche
Stoke RCMCC
Monitex
FunDecal

Old 10-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

HobbyWing V2.1 120A ESC with programming box is around the £120 mark ... top quality bit of kit with all you need and frequent firmware updates.

The Orion R10 is a great bit of kit too.
Old 11-01-2012

+1 to that, these days, these new players ( ESC manufacturers) use the same , like HW and SP, come from one OEM manufacturer and just labeled it with a new name and branding and the cost has changed, but basically two identical product with different labels.

as for HW 120A V2.1 , i have one and is up to par with my RSpro, just depends on how you drive your car at the end of the day.

cheers!!!