Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 09-02-2015

Default K1 Understeer

I'm racing on polished wood floors and carpet at the moment and finding it hard to setup my K1aero. The main problem is apex and exit understeer!!! So was hoping someone may have an idea. Thanks
Old 09-02-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Shawny500 View Post
I'm racing on polished wood floors and carpet at the moment and finding it hard to setup my K1aero. The main problem is apex and exit understeer!!! So was hoping someone may have an idea. Thanks
Have a chat with James and Issac Mcfadyean at Batley Shawn. They run the same car.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-02-2015
Mad Member

Try increasing the front and rear camber to 2*, run 1* toe in on the front and shorten the rear camber link or lower the inside rear ball stud.

Last edited by h0m3sy; 09-02-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2015

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 10-02-2015

What tyres are you using? and do you have the gear diffs front and rear?
Old 10-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
What tyres are you using? and do you have the gear diffs front and rear?
Using yellow mini pins front and rear and yep running gear diffs. But my ball diffs arrive tomorrow and been told that they make a massive difference.
Old 10-02-2015

Try the diffs and see what its like. I ran the ball diff just in the front with a gear diff in the rear and it certainly made it easier to drive and more predictable. Have not changed the car set up wise and it works well at most tracks we go to indoors. Did try the ball diff in the rear on Sunday at Worksop after two rounds and the car looked a touch easier to drive and Isaac did say it was and his times were improved. If your at Chadderton on Sunday i will be more than happy to have a look and help if i can. Cheers.
Old 11-02-2015

Quote:
Try the diffs and see what its like. I ran the ball diff just in the front with a gear diff in the rear and it certainly made it easier to drive and more predictable. Have not changed the car set up wise and it works well at most tracks we go to indoors. Did try the ball diff in the rear on Sunday at Worksop after two rounds and the car looked a touch easier to drive and Isaac did say it was and his times were improved. If your at Chadderton on Sunday i will be more than happy to have a look and help if i can. Cheers.
Thanks for your help. I won't get to Chadderton but may catch you a Batley. Thanks again
Old 11-02-2015

Quote:
I've now got the ball diffs in!! Thanks to Alex at Moss Models for getting them to me so quick. So going to try the car out at Cullingworth this Friday. I have also knocked 1 degree of rear toe-in off to loosen up the rear end. Thanks everyone for your help
Old 16-02-2015
Mad Member

How did you get on with the ball diffs? What other changes did you make?
Old 16-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
How did you get on with the ball diffs? What other changes did you make?
A lot better with ball diffs in and took off 1 degree of toe in off the rear. Ride height was 18mm all round with 1 degree of negative camber on all for corners. No power on understeer at all that I noticed.
Old 16-02-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Shawny500 View Post
A lot better with ball diffs in and took off 1 degree of toe in off the rear. Ride height was 18mm all round with 1 degree of negative camber on all for corners. No power on understeer at all that I noticed.
Happy Days
Old 16-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
Happy Days
Yep!!! I just need to get better now to do the car justice