Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 05-10-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to xx4-nutter
Unhappy M-Tronics . .

i bought a brand new m tronics genasys sport plus system from m tronics for 124.99 and fitted it to my car wired it all correctly only to find out it was faulty ( connected the battary and it sparked and cell got hot ) sent it in for re-pair witht he box and all instructions , i also sent it back in some bubble wrap the motor system so it didnt incurr any more damage, once m troics had worked on it and found one of the 3 phases had bust hense my problem why it wasnt working, they fixed it and sent it back to me . . . . .

the system arrived back on my door step wednesday morning on a bloody jiffy bag :eek: with . .
  • NO BOX - WHICH IT WAS SENT OUT WITH
  • NO INSTRUCTIONS - WHICH IT WAS SENT OUT WITH
AND TO TOP IT OFF IT DIDNT EVEN SAY FRAGILE ON THE JIFFY BAG AND IT GOT POSTED THREW MY LETTER BOX AND FALL 3 FT - 4FT TO THE GROUND.

IT WORKS BUT IM VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH M TRONICS OVER THIS AND HEARD THEY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD WITH CUSTOMERS.

AINT RACED WITHT THE SYSTEM YET, BUT I HEAR GOOD THINGS

GARRY
Old 05-10-2006
Administrator

I'd have a word with them mate. I have heard good things about their service many times, and they "sort of" sorted you out quickly ?
The box and instuctions and missing packaging are probably an oversight, I'd get in touch and ask them to replace those - im sure they'll do their best for you.
I've never owned any Mtroniks product, never mind dealt with them, but I have only heard good stuff about their service (until now).
Old 05-10-2006

When I had an issue they resolved it really well, although it does seem a bit wierd them not sending some stuff back that should have been there?

Maybe just a mistake? but as Jimbo says give em a bell and i'm sure they will sort you out.
Old 06-10-2006
Mad Member

alright cheers guys

ill call them later on, i was rather dissapointed but, mistakes are made

cheers garry
Old 06-10-2006
Administrator

I would be disapointed if I were you also mate. Just send mi lrp sphere into helger today - wondered whether to take off the heatsink (probably rip the thing in half trying to get it off though) since theres a chance they might send it back sans heatsink- I'd cry.
Old 06-10-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

You more than likely find that the unit was not repaired but replaced, which is the majority of the 'repairs' carried out byt MTroniks. As much as I don't have faith in their pre-potting testing and post potting testing, they normaly realy do give great after-care service.

if you do phone them, don't rant, be polite and they will be happy to sort you.
Old 06-10-2006
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I would be disapointed if I were you also mate. Just send mi lrp sphere into helger today - wondered whether to take off the heatsink (probably rip the thing in half trying to get it off though) since theres a chance they might send it back sans heatsink- I'd cry.
Don't try removing the heatsink, cuz if you get it wrong you'll end up with an inch square hole in the top of your speedo :eek:

The heatsink is stuck down to the top section of the speedo. The top of the case is infact a metal plate (about 2mm thick) which sits directly on top of the FET's. It is to allows a better heat flow away from the FET's.

As far as I could tell from watch Jurgen assembling speedo at the Euros, the metal insert is simple pushed into place from the inside. But I know mine came out after a big crash. (luckily that speedo got swapped at the Euro's )
Old 06-10-2006
Mad Member

i sent my lrp shere back because the heatsink and the metal plate thing came off while racing do you reckon it got abit to hot ? and they sent me a brand new one
Old 06-10-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default I hate Mtronic

I had loads that blew up on me and i dont care if people say they are just the cheap ones they are all the same the best thing to do is buy a LRP or a Nosram or a Novak.

And I love the life time warrenty you get with LRP and Nosram.

A
Old 06-10-2006
Mad Member

i raced with the M tronics genasys sport plus and it was rather good, the brakes were a bit keen tho , almost stopping soon as i hit the damn brakes on the handset lol but my xxx4 was making some nasty belt skipping noises tho lol. seems good on run time aswell, doing 2 races with one pack of 3300 wernt bad at all with still plenty of life left! . . . .

cheers gar
Old 06-10-2006
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
i sent my lrp shere back because the heatsink and the metal plate thing came off while racing do you reckon it got abit to hot ? and they sent me a brand new one
Heat was what I put it down to, with the accident just finishing the job. To continue running the speedo, I simply glued it back in with a very very very small amount of superglue.

Before re-assembly I checked out the internals and it looked like the original way of fixing also have some sort of heat transfer paste used.
Old 07-10-2006
Mad Member

does any one else have a genasys sport plus?

if so do u know if u can alter the brakes because mine are way to strong.

the set up sheet is madness personaly i find it diffucult and nt very easy to follow ( downloaded them from m troncis site ).

if any one could help me it would be greatly appreachated

thanks garry
Old 10-10-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

hi mate, Yes ive got one, i run my epo down a little on my ko, i found this helps

Give Mtroinks a ring and ask for Paul, hes the man to tlak to about the brushluss units.
Old 11-10-2006
Mad Member

cheers mate
Old 10-11-2006
Stu-Perstar

Just recieved my New IP6 this morning. Looks cool. I am going to go to Batley this weekend and put it through its test. If any one wants to chat or come and see it you are very welcome. Please do.
Old 20-12-2006
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Just recieved my New IP6 this morning. Looks cool. I am going to go to Batley this weekend and put it through its test. If any one wants to chat or come and see it you are very welcome. Please do.
I have been using an ip6 in my touring car ( only just coming back to off orad aftr a break of around 15 years..lol) for around three or four weeks now and all i can say is WOW. Its a fantastic bit of kit. Loads better than the old cirrus or cirrus pro. ip6 is easy to program, its got a small footprint, is priced competativly with the competition, is waterproof, AND has a 2 year warranty!
It has performed flawlessly so far. I would recommend it to anyone.

schumacher procat x Two, one bosscat, one rc10 gold pan, two optima mids, one cougar/club10