Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 01-11-2013

Also a bit disappointed to be honest.

I'm going to wait for the serpent MM and see how it looks. My guts tells me that it's going to be a very well designed car.

LRP Flow, Orion R10, Orion VST2, Speed Passion, Speed Power, B-Fast, Much More CTX, LRP X 20,
Old 01-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm not sure why people are disappointed or surprised? The new parts list was out the other week which told you exactly what was different/new/common with the regular xb4. It's exactly as i thought it would be.
It's another high grip only car, so no use to me. I'm sure it will be excellent if you run exclusively on carpet or velcro/astro.
I may give my xb4 a run sometime next summer in this configuration. I did at the end of the outdoor season, and it was junk on our Batley outdoor track. Sure, great on the grippy stuff, but un-drivable on the slippy. Ball diffs may help however?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustARcFan View Post
Also a bit disappointed to be honest.
Not sure why. They called it a XB4 2wd, so a clue is in the name! It is exactly what they have called it, a 2wd XB4.
- Frankenstein DEX410 -
- Schumacher Cougar Classic -
- Xray T4 2013-
- Tamiya Monster Beetle Black Edition -

oOple Trader Feedback
Old 01-11-2013

Watch this space I had a chat with will@team xtreme looks like we will shortly see a vega elite version shorty lipo motor rotated 180deg
Old 01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Not sure why. They called it a XB4 2wd, so a clue is in the name! It is exactly what they have called it, a 2wd XB4.
On the basis above I just think its a little pointless, they may as well have just left it as the XB4 and if people wanted to run it 2wd they could. I don't think they have done enough to justify releasing it as a separate kit.
Old 01-11-2013

Hi guys,I'm the make of the xb4 hybrid on the second page,I have been working on this car for a month now and found that in the wet that is just as good as another car,I have tqed meetings in the wet against vega's witch are one of the best wet cars around ,the car is going to be run in practice by a national A finalist to get feedback about how it handles interesting Sunday.body off photo not to good but you can see how much work i have done.will try to get a video Sunday so you can see how it goes.
Chris Ellis (maker of the xb4/CE1)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131011_193724.jpg (238.0 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 1383329626850.jpg (309.0 KB, 259 views)
Old 01-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHY View Post
Is the DB2 better on all tracks/conditions or is the DB1 faster on high grip astro?
Anyone know?

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 01-11-2013

I have seen a db2 in the wet and it is a lot faster then a db1,seen a db2 indoors as well it did look good and fast.
Old 01-11-2013

So it seems that Xray have just changed the layout inside but done pretty much nothing with the chassis!!!!
Good luck with that not scrubbing on the corners.... You could have made at least some effort

Last edited by Woodbine; 01-11-2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 01-11-2013

Db2 is good in all conditions generally better than the db1 of course depends who's driving
Old 01-11-2013

They haven't even done that, the only thing I can see is adding the front kick up on the aluminium chassis plate and a slightly different shell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbine View Post
So it seems that Xray have just changed the layout inside but done pretty much nothing with the chassis!!!!
Good luck with that not scrubbing on the corners.... You could have made at least some effort
Old 01-11-2013
Mad Member

Thx guys!

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 01-11-2013

let's wait until we get to play with it before we judge it. love the idea of vega mucking about with it, xray vega mmmmmm yes!
Old 02-11-2013

Well they havent even made covers to plug up where the front outdrives should be very disapointed with this car
Just buy a xb4 and the 2wd chassis and your done it shpuld have been a option part not a whole kit
Old 02-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
Just buy a xb4 and the 2wd chassis and your done it shpuld have been a option part not a whole kit
Not sure I totally agree. A xb4 plus a 2wd chasis is probably going to cost you £400ish. This is £280. This just gives people a choice if they don't want the 4wd bits.

Having said that and having thought about it for a day not sure they have done enough to make me want to switch from my db1. Chris Ellis' shortie conversion layout would have been nice

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 02-11-2013

Cheers Rob for you nice comment,will be at torch tomorrow for more development in the wet with my hybrid plus getting another racer to run it in practice.
Chris
Old 02-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmad View Post
Cheers Rob for you nice comment,will be at torch tomorrow for more development in the wet with my hybrid plus getting another racer to run it in practice.
Chris
That' great, I wanted to see it going again now you have had a bit more development time with it. Have you tried it in the dry?

I am however hoping you do not get too much chance to run in the wet tomorrow - am hoping we'll miss the rain showers.

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 02-11-2013

Rob have run it at Silverstone and maritime it was spot on at both tracks,as u now Silverstone is high grip with slippery it had to much steering at first then i sorted that out and i found it much easier plus i have a good starting point for next weekend and maritime it just worked great out of the box with no changes (just needs a faster driver indoors lol )
Chris
Old 02-11-2013
Mad Member

Default xb4 2wd

the new 4b4 2wd version is a temp fix I think, as a cheaper option for those wanting 2wd only, and also an official manufactured car so all the HATERS, of the "its a 2wd/4wd bla bla" crowd can shut up as this is MADE as a 2wd...

the proper XB2 will follow I expect next year.

This just makes it cheaper and official for 2wd fans.......

just my opinion.
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 02-11-2013

The same what Xray did with XB9E. Quick conversion with a new few parts in the box.