Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 15-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzy View Post
it dosnt have to be the carpet thats 2.4 remeber just the lane width, nothing wrong with putting down a 2mter line of carpet and have 0.4 meters of polished floor off line.
That's true, but I'd be a little concerned by how much more of our floor that track width would eat up...it'd shorten our already short tracks a fair bit.

Our hall is basically 12m wide, which gives us 6 track widths across it if we need it. At 2.2 we'd loose 1 track width...which would be doable, for sure, but we already have laptimes around the 11-12 seconds mark on our simple layouts! I reckon we could take another second or two of those at that track width....which might be fine...but you see what I mean?!

I do agree though that a little more track width is better for 1/10ths at a regional level...it's just that we'd struggle a little with it at Caldi
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 22-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

With all the "love" threads started over the way the WRCA is run i would have thought the Steve would have been drowned in AGM proposals.

Yet reading his post in another thread there has only been one email sent- just one

If there is nothing new proposed at the AGM the WRCA will stay how it is, price , tyres, venues the lot. Dont start bithcing if you cant be bothered to Email your ideas in
Old 22-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

don't forget, they need a seconder as well.
Old 22-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
As was mentioned earlier in this topic, what are the committee positions and who's currently filling them?
Should there be Electric offroad rep, Nitro rep, TC rep, Micro, etc, etc?? And who'd be willing to fill those positions?

I may be wrong but think it's: Chairman (H), Secretary (Steve C-R), Treasurer (Paul Knight?) & Website/Results gatherer (Matt)
DCM, can you elaborate on this and whether there are any other positions currently unfilled?
Old 22-09-2010

All positions are filled currently, thats Chairman(H), Treasurer(Paul), Secretary(me), PRO(Matt). But as with every AGM, these positions are up for renewal at each AGM.

There was no support at the last AGM for nitro or electric sections, so no 'heads' were appointed. What sections do you guys want, would it be simpler to place a nitro and electric section, do we need micro, tc, off-road, 8th nitro, electric etc. But currently only one set of proposals have been sent (and not been done correctly, no seconder).

Considering how much 'negativity' there was this year about a lot of things, I am surprised at the lack of emails received.
Old 22-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I always thought it was seconded if it was put in place not if it was proposed
Old 22-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

as for the heads

I thought there where heads of nitro and 10th?? wasn’t it Craig 10th off road and Bob Williams nitro??

Personally i think there needs to be a head of each class that’s taking part in a regional championship, it would help the chairman with any future plans for the regional championships by having heads to discus the direction they want to take the class into

the heads would be able to discus with the drivers of theIR class any issues or amendments that need to be put in place or that have been suggested and then relayed back to the chairman in time for the next AGM.

I also feel a selected head should be a member of the WRCA who is able to keep in contact with the drivers of their given class attend most regional meetings of that class and has full knowledge of their class
Old 22-09-2010

They really have to be at the AGM to be a section head, get nominated etc.

No, proposals must be accompanied by someone willing to second it.
Old 22-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I will get my email re sent once i have a second on them all

would it be a good idea to post them online and people can pm if they would like to second any on the list??
Old 22-09-2010

you can post your ideas, but it will only be accepted via email mate.
Old 22-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

the advantages of posting them will be to gauge support and to refine them prior to submission.

the disadvantage of posting them will be the hissy fits from people who disgree strongly to your ideas!!
Old 22-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yes i know they will only be accepted if emailed in

and yes i know there will be hissy fit, there allways will
Old 22-09-2010

i think its a good idea to gauge thoughts/ideas
Old 22-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

**Amendment of rule for indoor winter championship

Giving that Off road/Micros will no longer race with TC indoors the current formula of 3 round Qualifying 2 finals should be dropped and changed back to 4 rounds of Qualifying and 1 final-

--------------
**3 leg a finals where total entries enable charging and marshalling without delays to the timetable

as it says really

The BRCA has the following rule in place under

section 15. RACE PROCEDURES
GENERAL

15.31 All ‘A’ finals will run over three legs with the best results of two of the three legs to count. In terms of
penalties incurred, each leg of the A Final is considered to be a separate race.

--------------------------

**Proposal height minimum for Rostrum for indoor championship to 1.5meters min

WRCA to enforce and have in place a minimum height on all rostrums for indoor and outdoor WRCA regional championships , a minimum height that is feasible for all clubs should be taken into account this will then allow for any clubs who do not have the clearance for height rostrums indoors backing and clear guidelines from the WRCA

take into account for disabled access to and from Rostrum with out height interfering with track visibility

The BRCA Micro section has the flowing rule in place

6. Track and Venue Specifications.

6.6. The rostrum must be positioned to minimise the risk of people obstructing the drivers view. The
distance from the rostrum to the edge of the track is to be 2m. The minimum length of the rostrum
must be 7.3 (24ft) metres between 0.75m (min) and 2.1m (max) high, and of a suitable width.
-------------------------

**Proposal for FTD qualifying to be dropped and Round by Round to be the only method of qualifying both indoors and out door regional’s

This will bring the WRCA inline with all regional’s as well as the National championship, many racers struggle at there first BRCA 10th off meeting as they do not understand the qualifying system, This will also tie in both Micro and 10th off road at the indoor championship.

Taking into account clubs must also have there lap timing and qualifying systems set up for round by round

The BRCA stats round by round as the following under section 15. RACE PROCEDURES
GENERAL
15.25 The Round by Round qualifying method awards points for each competitor’s position in each qualifying round
individually. Highest qualifying position in each Round will score zero (0) points, second place will score two
(2) points, third place three (3) points and so on. (Regional events can amend this points system subject to
software compatibility). Weather/external circumstances may prevent all scheduled qualifying rounds being
completed, therefore points from each driver’s best qualifying rounds are added together to determine a final
qualifying position as follows :-
4 Rounds completed - Best 2 to count.
3 Rounds completed - Best 2 to count.
2 Rounds completed - Single best Round to count.
All other qualifying round scores will be discarded. Each Round has to be completed for any points to be
awarded. If two or more drivers achieve the same time in any Round, the same points will be awarded to
each driver and the next driver not tying will received points relative to his position in the Round. In the event
of a tie when the points from the ‘counting’ Rounds are totalled, the driver with the single best points within
the rounds that counted will be awarded the tie. If this comparison fails to break the tie then the laps and
times from the ‘tying drivers’ highest finishing positions will be compared. The driver with the fastest lap and
time total will be awarded the tie. In the case of a continuing tie then the second best scores will be
compared. In the unlikely event of a continuing tie at this point, the lap times from the heat that gave the
highest finishing

The BRCA Micro have the flowing rule in place

section 7. Racing Procedures

Qualifying will consist of 4 rounds of qualifying heats. Points will be awarded for each round.
Tied positions within a round will receive equal points. The points for subsequent positions will be
displaced by the number of tied drivers involved. A driver's best 2 scores will be added together to
give a qualifying position. Ties will be eliminated firstly by using discard points and secondly, by use
of the fastest overall time.
-------------------------------

**Proposal for track width for indoor championship./Amendment of current track width to 2.2 meters wide

As there is a slight clash with regards to the two rules, sugestion would be a middle ground for both classes

under section14. THE TRACK of the BRCA 10th off road handbook the following rule is in place
14.6 At Sanctioned events, other than Nationals, tracks must be a minimum of 2.4 metres wide.

under section 6. Track and Venue Specifications of the BRCA micro rules
6.3. Minimum track width is 2m and where the venue is not permanent the track must consist of at

Giving that the indoor championship will Mix Off road 10th and Micros it would be in the WRCA best interest to set a minimum track width for the indoor championship that will allow both scales to race with out compromise

---------------------------------

**WRCA to set minimum and maximum overall track length for regional electric outdoor meetings of 125 meters - 150meters overall

This will keep the size of regional tracks for the 10th electric to a constant level with out compromising the class.

At nitro and electric meetings the this will give clubs backing and clear guidelines to design layouts for both scales and classes.
At eclectic only meetings this will eliminate the issues with small grounds being used to host regional meetings

Many clubs now have large facilities that they are happy for other clubs to use for regional events, club not able to meet these rule will not be given a regional meeting

under section14. THE TRACK of the BRCA handbook the following rule is in place- there is only a minimum rule set in place for National meetings

14.5 At all National format events outdoors, tracks will be a minimum of 3 metres wide and minimum 130
metres in length.
14.6 At Sanctioned events, other than Nationals, tracks must be a minimum of 2.4 metres wide.
14.7 The straight for starting finals, will be a minimum of 20 metres long, with no obstructions, including any
form of jump, sudden rise or fall.

---------------------------------
Old 26-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Totally 100% agree with 4 rounds of quali and it should deffo be round by round, FTD had its day almost 10 years ago
3 leg A's would be awesome if viable with timings, if not, 6 or 7 minute A's ?

Rostrum height & track length, sound ideas in principle although if existing venues are unable to facilitate this requiremet, I do not feel they should be excluded as venues in wales are few and far between nowadays. Venues that have the space & existing equipment then it just makes sense

Steve, email will be sent soon
Old 27-09-2010

I can confirm that 6min heats and finals when run at COBRA didn't overwork the electrics and were good fun!
Old 27-09-2010

we do have a vice chairman too his name is Simon Lewis Lewie to most of you
Old 28-09-2010
Mad Member

So my thoughts..

1) Track width, I'd be interested to hear what Cobra and Swansea do at their club meetings, do they run anything wider than 2m? I know at Caldicot we run 2m width every week, so we're used to running at that width.

Wider would obviously be better, but Caldicot would probably have to drop out of the WRCA series if that was the case as we simply don't have the space.

My thought would be an advised track width of 2.2m and a minimum of 2m. That way clubs with more space can run wide, and those space challenged clubs can run narrower where they need to. Caldicot for example could run 2m generally with wider sections where ever we could fit them in as a compromise.

2) Rostrum height, we're thinking about updating our rostrum in the very near future, so if there is going to be a ruling/change on this then we'd be better off knowing this now so we can account for it. Min height of 750mm would be fine for us I would guess.

3) New one...what are peoples thoughts on splitting the nitro and electric rounds to run on their own next year?

The Cobra and Caldicot rounds had a big enough turnout of electric to make a good days racing on their own, but some of the other rounds didn't get the same numbers.

I'm not sure about turnout on the Nitro side, it looked pretty good to me each time, and nitro doesn't suffer the charging time problem that electric has with lower turn outs.

My personal observation, at the 2 Talywain rounds the timings of the day were both compromised slightly by the classes running together (late running at the first round and no practice round at the second). Not that it was a big problem, the club made the best call it could each time which I understand fully, but it just wasn't quite the ideal situation for anyone.

GNR's combined round was fine as I remember, and I was unable to attend the Saundersfoot or Swansea rounds in the end so can't comment on those, but haven't heard any negative comments, so maybe that's not really an issue?

Is it too soon for the numbers we have?
Are the Nitro & electric clubs willing or able to put on 2 separate events rather than 1 combined one?
Would it make scheduling the rounds for each class easier to avoid clashes with other events within the same class?
Or does it actually make it harder to schedule as there would be twice the number of events to run for the combined clubs and the same people running those events whatever the class of racing?
Would running separate rounds mean getting more drivers at each class because the other isn't running, or do we think the combined races are still the best way to do it for next year?

Intersted to hear what everyone thinks on that one.

That's all from me.
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 28-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I can confirm that 6min heats and finals when run at COBRA didn't overwork the electrics and were good fun!
we run 7 or 8 minutes indoors at Ludlow club in the finals and never had a problem with anyone's cars. Outdoors we do the same.

I know I hardly count as a WCRA attendee as I only went to the 2 talywain rounds, but it was so annoying having to wait 2 hours for our finals in round 1 that I went home early. Last sunday was a bit disappointing not to get a practice round also. We pay £10 so at least the practice should be there.

At a MAM event you get open practice for an hour and 4 rounds and a final for £5.

just my 2p
Old 28-09-2010

Some good points there Andy, at some point, the drivers of the region have to take responsibility to support the events if they really want to split nitro and electric meetings. Doing this would allow for easier scheduling of dates to, but the driver MUST support it.