Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 12-01-2014

Default has any1 run this car or know owt about it?

hi guys just wanted to ask peoples advice/opinion on this car http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-vant...roducts/375512
I'm not looking for a replacement for my centro, as I'm doing well with it and have got it running well hence y i looked at this 4wd. lookin at new cars just takes over sometime lol. It'll just be run as a back up for my centro and for playing with really. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. If u think I'm wasting my time. With this just say, i don't mind. This is wot I'm lookin at http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-vant...roducts/375512
if u think i shouldn't bother with anything like this just say i don't mind.
Craig
Old 12-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
hi guys just wanted to ask peoples advice/opinion on this car http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-vant...roducts/375512
I'm not looking for a replacement for my centro, as I'm doing well with it and have got it running well hence y i looked at this 4wd. lookin at new cars just takes over sometime lol. It'll just be run as a back up for my centro and for playing with really. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. If u think I'm wasting my time. With this just say, i don't mind. This is wot I'm lookin at http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-vant...roducts/375512
Craig
Hi Tilly, One of our members has purchased this 4wd car and hopes to race it at our club from time to time. All I have heard is the build quality is good but all cars have week points. Cannot be that bad if its distributed by CML.
Old 12-01-2014

Probably better buying a second hand well known make Associated B44.1, Durango etc.. for the same money..IMO.....that way you would be sure of spares and set up advice... See them for sale on here at that sort of money...
Old 13-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Craig
Dont waste your money bud. Get a used racing car as said above.

Associated, Durango, Yokomo, Kyosho you wont go wrong.
Old 13-01-2014

I must agree with the guys on here... i have a couple of ftx /18th buggies n in stock trim they are a bit weak in all the usual places... diffs..gbox..arms knuckles etc.. maybe it is just a symptom of the small size but the 1/10 will prob be made with the same materials... yeh stick with a mainstream brand n if that means buying pre owned so be it.. if you do, most will be updated and sorted anyways so less spend for you in the future..
Old 13-01-2014

Steer clear of the turd!!

Ill fetch my B44.1 to the next meeting. I don't run it any more. Borrow it to try one if you like.
Old 13-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes great offer from James. The B44.1 is a great car for the size of track, and you can get them as cheap as that new FTX second hand, if not cheaper.
FTX brand are for bashers and kids racing on the street. not upto the job f serious racing, you I'd have thought you'd be wasting your money.
When the new durango 410v4 comes out later this month, there will be loads of 410v3's real cheap. Also have a look out for a b44.1/b44.2 for that sort for money. you can pick them up used with some spares for that sort of money.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-01-2014

that's be great thanks James n thanks for all the advice guyz. Just wanted to ask the question on here rather than on a Friday night as time to just chat can be a little slim in between racin n marshalling.
Old 13-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
FTX brand are for bashers and kids racing on the street.
Man, that hurts..!

I actually quite like my little FTX's(but they are a bit pants build quality TBH) and I'm deffo not a kid(well not physically anyway..)and I don't use em in the street(much..!)... but I do quite like a bit of bashing tho'...

Tilly... Go with a respected brand you won't regret it...
Old 13-01-2014

Best advice is to stick to one brand... Same springs, dampers, fasteners, bearings etc.
Old 13-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

just out of interest has anyone actually raced this car or are you just commenting on what you've heard?

The standard RTR versions of the vantage maybe be a bashers best friend, but the pro version is very different with alloy and carbon fibre parts throughout. The common weak points are now replaced with alloy parts so I can't see them breaking in a hurry.

One of the plus points on the FTX range is the parts are VERY good value. £3.99 for front wishbones. That's half the cost of other brands'!

The Vantage Pro is a great car for the money capable of winning races.
Old 13-01-2014

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
just out of interest has anyone actually raced this car or are you just commenting on what you've heard?

The standard RTR versions of the vantage maybe be a bashers best friend, but the pro version is very different with alloy and carbon fibre parts throughout. The common weak points are now replaced with alloy parts so I can't see them breaking in a hurry.

One of the plus points on the FTX range is the parts are VERY good value. £3.99 for front wishbones. That's half the cost of other brands'!

The Vantage Pro is a great car for the money capable of winning races.

My son got one for Xmas last year , it got him started in racing but quickly found out it's not exactly a race car , probs we had were front shock pistons rods bend very easily also we had a lot of trouble with the slipper/centre diff , it's a good toy that fills a gap between toysrus and top end 4wd buggys , Craig you're better off spending your money on a pizza for me
Old 13-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post

fantastic when you are breaking them four times as often. plus all the other parts and components wearing out or bending when they shouldn't.
cheap to buy (new) kits are a false economy. you will spend a lot more in parts over a year than if you bought a decent quality kit in the the first place.

Craig, you run a centro now. a logical choice is a B44.x. worth trying out James'.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-01-2014

that's wot I'm gonna do Neal, at least if i don't like the 4wd I've not lost anything. There's a few b44s for sale on here for round £120 if i do like it. Well that and if i have some spare pennies too lol
Old 13-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
Steer clear of the turd!!
that would be a good signature captain fart alot might be better
Old 13-01-2014

mm pizza bells. How u doin, not seen u for a while?
Old 13-01-2014

Quote:
mm pizza bells. How u doin, not seen u for a while?

I know it's bin a while , last time I raced was before Xmas !

Had family stay before and after Xmas so racing had to take a back seat for a while , got spare parts for my motor so should sort that tue or weds and hopefully come to the next race night
Old 13-01-2014

cool hopefully see u there
Old 13-01-2014
Mad Member

But wait a minute
Didn't people also say this about the teamC cars a little while ago?
And they have proved to be great cars
It might ( might ) be a little Gem
I am tempted
Old 14-01-2014

Send a message via MSN to tommygun Send a message via Yahoo to tommygun Send a message via Skype™ to tommygun
Tilly, I race a B44.1 and it has never gone wrong. I would strongly recommend this car to you! It's fab, you'll know when you see James's on Friday. See ya Friday.