Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 09-07-2013

Default Dex210 with cab forward shell will it allow to I stall fan on sp gt 2.o pro

Hi

I run speed passion gt 2.0 pro and its fine under the stock shell. However, i am unable to run it with a fan installed as I am unable to put the shell on and secure it. I was wondering with the cab forward shell will that allow me enough room to run with the fan installed on the esc? If that doesn't work I need to ease up on the settings on the esc.

Waz
Old 09-07-2013
Mad Member

It'll fit with the bulldog shell, and just about with the durango cab forward. (The RTR shell).
No chance with the finnisher shell!

Might need to put some holes in the shell above the fan as none of them have much clearance.

I've just put a GT2.0 lpf into a 210, and I have 4 different shells that I've tried. (The lpf and pro seem to have the same casing and heat sink.)
Old 09-07-2013

Hi. I don't know the dimensions of your esc so couldn't really say. All I can tell you is that my esc is is 35mm tall with the fan on and has plenty of room above for it to breath easily and that's in an rtr forward cab.

EDIT. Thanks Matt you just made my day lol. I just measured the finisher shell I am cutting out and yep my esc will not fit in there easily. For the price though it will be used..........Somehow :/

Dave.
FTX Vantage
Cen FF.NT
Old 09-07-2013

Hi all

I use a Finnisher cab forward shell in the colder months with no fan fitted , I also run a SP low profile esc , bulldog shell fits with a couple of mm clearance above the fan when installed , but the best one IMO is the penguin cab forward bulldog style shell as sold on oOple by Steve Haskins !

Top guy, greeeeaaattttt products !
KO Propo Espirit 4 stick radio

Dji Mavic Air2S
All round gadget freak !
Old 09-07-2013
Mad Member

TBH, I don't run a fan, not needed to. Temps generally peak at about 65/70.

Going to be switching to a boosted/turbo setup over the next couple of weeks, will see how that affects thing.
Old 09-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You can get low profile fans that are 5-7mm high instead of the stock I think 10mm That will save a bit of space.

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 09-07-2013
Mad Member

The gt2.0 is 24mm high, you loose about 2mm due to the raised ends on the heat sink. So total height with a standard 10mm fan is 32mm, give or take.

The low profile fans are 7mm. So will get you under 30mm. (And finnisher compatible!)

Slippy, what esc do you have, and are you sure it actually needs the fan?
I've not needed one yet, and I've just realised I've been running a closed shell for the last 2 weeks as well!
Old 09-07-2013

Hi mate

I haven't run a fan in my 210 for at least 2 years now.

I am currently running a Team Durango Cab forwards shell with no extra ventilation cutouts.

Our indoor track has been hitting temps of 35deg in this heat and I am getting no temp issues at all.

Is there any reason why you feel you need the fan ?

Old 09-07-2013

@ Matt. Its a leopard 60a with a 9T motor and it comes with a factory fan fitted and has punch control and things can get quite heated if I run any amount but at the moment running it on 0% until I can control the little monster better . Is punch the same as turbo/boost ?
FTX Vantage
Cen FF.NT
Old 09-07-2013

It was the first time I ran the dex210 which was in the garden for about 5mins. My temp gun is broken so i wasn't able to get a exact reading. i will check it again when my new one gets delivered before considering the penguin shell.

The esc was only hot on the heat sink, the sides were alot cooler. So I take it I should take the hottest readings?

So how much does the guy on oople sell the penguin shell for?
Old 10-07-2013
Mad Member

You need to know how hot it actually is, just saying it feels hot isn't really good enough.
Thermal cut out on most/many ESCs and motors is around 100 degrees (give or take a few) so that's 20 degrees higher than "arrrrrgh, s**t thats hot!" and a couple of minutes sucking the finger you've just poked into your ESC.

A IR temp gun is worth its weight in burnt fingertips. You might not need a fan.

And AFAIK punch isn't the same as boost. Punch is related to the throttle curve and runs all the way up from zero, boost cuts in at higher RPM. You'd have to get an expert opinion tho!
Old 10-07-2013
Mad Member

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/haskins200...p2047675.l2559

Thats the penguin guy ^^
Old 10-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Also if you were running around the garden and don't have a cricket pitch length grass it will put more strain on the electrics

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"