Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 30-10-2012

Default 210- Shocks to the rear

Hi all,

I am sure that when deciding if I should buy a 210 I saw a picture where someone had mounted the rear shocks to the rear of the wishbones. This is something I would really like to try as we run on a grass track which has relatively low grip.

When I look at the car it looks like I can achieve this by swapping the rear wishbones over and trimming the wing to allow space for the shocks.

Has anyone tried this? If so do you have any words of wisdom??

Thanks
Old 30-10-2012

I haven't actually tried it but know someone who does run this way on low grip tracks (Stu, im sure you will reply at some point).

It does seem to lend the car to grip more as your putting about 40g of weight to the rear of the car. Your correct, swap the wishbones round, mount the wing with cut outs for the shocks but also space the shocks out a bit on the tower so they angle towards the wishbones (almost lean them backwards to the rear on the tower mount a little). It just aids how the shock works (better angle of compression).

Im going to try this one club night soon, for now im ok with the setup I have...just tweeking it a little each week to progress the nuderstanding of the car and my driving a buggy again.

Hope that helps, somewhat
Old 30-10-2012

i drive it sometimes, i have made 2 new holes in the arm and cut 2 holes in the wing.
cars: 2xdurango dex210/dex410r, 3x cougar sv, losi 22, tardis, cr2 Atomic Carbon, xxx-cr, custom xxx-jv, asso b4, cat sx1/3, losi 8ight-e, hobao hyper 8.5, traxxas e-maxx, traxxas mini-erevo, serpent s400, mini-z's, lrp shark, ..
wanted: pred x10/11 and AC s2
Old 30-10-2012
Mad Member

I tried it briefly
Gives more forward traction and rotation. But tended to make the car not want to staighten up on the exit of the corner (over-rotation).
It was good, but the standard configuration is good too.
Old 30-10-2012
Mad Member

Cheers John

I wouldn't run the shocks on the rear in low grip like the other chap says it over rotates on corner exit on med to high grip yes it works very well as that over rotation can aid how the car squares up and rotates. I did a back to back test at maritime practice day and on the low grip section shocks forward were faster.

I did run the shocks on the rear at a club meeting on bumpy grass this also felt quite good but again as the grass wore out the car got more difficult to drive.

Get it setup and try it only takes about 5 mins to change don't forget to swap the hubs over.

Stu
Old 05-11-2012

The easiest way is just to drill 1 hole in each wishbone at the middle point (you wont need 3 holes) when i tried it i used the 410 wing mount setup as well but with the shocks like this and when the high wing got damaged the car was undriveable??